Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

parallax

Superstar
Daps
lol voted by americans, americans are known for not knowing about the world. or accents, lol shyt alotta americans like new Yorkers don't even believe they themselves have accents.

so yeah name 7 AA that can do accents.

these are the same americas that your british bretheren are running to because they dont have a place at home. and its not casual americans nominating these actors for these roles either.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
lol how would you know how people in Europe sound when doing accents? you've never been there. ive probably been and lived in more states in USA than you. you're not versed in this topic, you're not well enough travelled.
did you know most young people in Europe speak in American accents when talking English?
how would I know how well people from europe sound when doing american accents, as an american? This is seriously the question you are asking? LOL.

You can live in how ever many states you want, the would most likely diminish your ability to actually know about specific areas and accents, since you are a visitor. I'm not well traveled enough to know specifically about the major region of the US that I've lived in?.

Did you know that the "american accent" most europeans are exposed to, isn't really an "american accent" but a specific midwest american accent, that is neutral and that most US media presents because its easier for most parts of the country to understand as a "generic" but it isn't how most americans speak

You probably wouldn't know that, because you aren't an american, just an outsider talking about something that is above you.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how would I know how well people from europe sound when doing american accents, as an american? This is seriously the question you are asking? LOL.

You can live in how ever many states you want, the would most likely diminish your ability to actually know about specific areas and accents, since you are a visitor. I'm not well traveled enough to know specifically about the major region of the US that I've lived in?.

Did you know that the "american accent" most europeans are exposed to, isn't really an "american accent" but a specific midwest american accent, that is neutral and that most US media presents because its easier for most parts of the country to understand as a "generic" but it isn't how most americans speak

You probably wouldn't know that, because you aren't an american, just an outsider talking about something that is above you.
no you're not understanding, im saying in Europe people talk with American accents normally when speaking English. im a visitor? lol even though I have citizenship? LMAO

lol nothing in America is above me, it does seem however English actors are above americans as of late.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
no you're not understanding, im saying in Europe people talk with American accents normally when speaking English. im a visitor? lol even though I have citizenship? LMAO

lol nothing in America is above me, it does seem however English actors are above americans as of late.
How am I not understanding, you literally are showing you have a poor ability to read and comprehend the written english language.

What part of what you consider "american accent" actually being a region specific variant of american english do you not understand?

Are you a born american or a naturalized immigrant?

Its clear certain aspects of American society, culture, and language is above you, because you've shown in this thread an outright ignorance about these things.

British actors are cheaper, pretty simple.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How am I not understanding, you literally are showing you have a poor ability to read and comprehend the written english language.

What part of what you consider "american accent" actually being a region specific variant of american english do you not understand?

Are you a born american or a naturalized immigrant?

Its clear certain aspects of American society, culture, and language is above you, because you've shown in this thread an outright ignorance about these things.

British actors are cheaper, pretty simple.
lmao so its nothing to do with skill level? its all about cost? so why not get Australian and European actors if its only about cost?

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
No we did not....... this is complete and utter bullshyt....

Another emotional response completely void of any rational argument...

What critically acclaimed award winning filmmaker is casting those two actors at the bottom in their film?!? You think Scorsese is about to cast dude from "meet the browns" in anything?

Now, this is where you say "who cares!" or some other silly message board nonsense, but reality supports my argument sir.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
I read the thread and he addressed every point you made.

Being persistent and obtuse doesn't win you the debate.

You are trolling and l will not be responding to you after this.

:dwillhuh:

Another emotional nonsensical response. None of you are countering my points with facts, just ad hominem attacks and emotional outbursts.

Page what is this, 39 and nobody still has the courage to criticize or call to task the BLACK AMERICAN DIRECTORS that cast black brits over and over again?

I even posted a quote from SPIKE LEE saying black brits are better actors - nothing. :coffee:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
lmao so its nothing to do with skill level? its all about cost? so why not get Australian and European actors if its only about cost?

They're just saying anything out of frustration at this point.

I honestly believe the rise of Tyler Perry and the explosion of traveling gospel plays around the turn of the century hurt the black American talent pool in terms of acting and theater - JUST A THEORY.

But for whatever reason, the acting talent isn't there like it was in previous generations - we're touting "Yazz the greatest" and they've got John Boyega :manny:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Yes it has nothing to do with skill level and more to do with cost. Yes its about cost. Hollywood does get Austrailians and has shown to be willing to invest in them. Look at Mel Gibson (not technically austrailian) but found there, Crowe (new zelander i know), Hemsworth brothers, kidman, watts, guy pearce, sam worthington, and Jai Courtney.

Hollywood does get european actors as well, but they typically rely on actors from the anglosphre.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
They're just saying anything out of frustration at this point.

I honestly believe the rise of Tyler Perry and the explosion of traveling gospel plays around the turn of the century hurt the black American talent pool in terms of acting and theater - JUST A THEORY.

But for whatever reason, the acting talent isn't there like it was in previous generations - we're touting "Yazz the greatest" and they've got John Boyega :manny:
That you keep trying to classify black actors as solely appearing in tyler perry movies, says more about your ignorance and prejudice against afram actors than anything else.