Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
lol not it does not, those places are still basically the americas. you can't see the rest of the world on that passport card. when did i say black americans shouldnt talk about what happens in america?

if it was just about undercutting, why don't they hire nollywood actors who would literally play roles for 6,000 a movie?
So a Nigerian speaker's accent easily transitions into American accent compared to that of a UK speaker?

Your intellectual dishonesty is beyond incredible

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
lol not it does not, those places are still basically the americas. you can't see the rest of the world on that passport card. when did i say black americans shouldnt talk about what happens in america?

if it was just about undercutting, why don't they hire nollywood actors who would literally play roles for 6,000 a movie?
Mexico isn't basically the US.
Canada is another country.
You can ask people in the Carribbean, some nations, trying to get into the US, if they are basically in the US.
Passports are for international travel, not a symbol that you even want or have a desire to travel the world.

Your whole segway into passports is strange because you literally pulled this shyt out as a refrain for why Americans, specifically black americans shouldn't speak on things. The weird part that you seemed to have forgotten is that we were talking about things in the US.

Easy, you can't hire actors for nigeria to replace blacks and make a bogus claim its not about the money but its about "talent" like you can with brits.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So a Nigerian speaker's accent easily transitions into American accent compared to that of a UK speaker?

so you're saying no nigerians can do accent's? alot of younger nigerians literally speak in american accents as thats the tv they consume. no nigerian actors can do an american accent? if english people can why not nigerians? furthermore why not just cast european actors? like from holland, italy etc that can easily do american accents.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mexico isn't basically the US.
Canada is another country.
You can ask people in the Carribbean, some nations, trying to get into the US, if they are basically in the US.
Passports are for international travel, not a symbol that you even want or have a desire to travel the world.

Your whole segway into passports is strange because you literally pulled this shyt out as a refrain for why Americans, specifically black americans shouldn't speak on things. The weird part that you seemed to have forgotten is that we were talking about things in the US.

Easy, you can't hire actors for nigeria to replace blacks and make a bogus claim its not about the money but its about "talent" like you can with brits.
my point being its all the america's.

the crux of my argument is... if they can act, and can do the accent and are black nothing else should matter. theres some 'black' american's i come across and i know more about american black history than them. and even if the actor doesn't know the history guess what... all actors have to research the roles.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
so you're saying no nigerians can do accent's? alot of younger nigerians literally speak in american accents as thats the tv they consume. no nigerian actors can do an american accent? if english people can why not nigerians? furthermore why not just cast european actors? like from holland, italy etc that can easily do american accents.

You aren't learning good accents from the US from watching tv, because tv most of the accents are turned down for general consumption of the country.
This is why when you had Nicole Kidman and Jude Law being southerners in Cold Mountain they stood out, but an actual southerner like Renee Zellweger she nailed it. Its why when Michael Caine does southern accents he sticks out as fog horn leghorn. If you want a funny example, its hard for americans themselves who aren't from the south to do a proper southern accent based off tv, look at northeast actor Dule Hill.

So again, for someone who likes to brag about how much you know about the US, please stop, because its clear you don't.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
my point being its all the america's.

the crux of my argument is... if they can act, and can do the accent and are black nothing else should matter. theres some 'black' american's i come across and i know more about american black history than them. and even if the actor doesn't know the history guess what... all actors have to research the roles.
You have no point, with your aside, and last time I checked there is no nation called america, there are 3 nations in the N. American continent with different cultures, climates, languages used, and etc.

No one is attacking black brits for working, try to read. We have literally attacked people like yourself, who assert that black americans aren't properly trained or good enough, which is why brits are brought in. This is a boldface lie, to hide economic reasons brits are brought it.

I don't know if I can verify your claim of black history, looking at what you have posted in this thread, I have doubts about your claim, that said you knowing more about US black history wouldn't qualify you to know more about current US society than them, or the varient of racism in this country compared to the nation you are from.

Actors reserach is good, there is a difference in academic knowledge and the knowledge attained from personal experience, you have a deeper understanding of a topic you have experienced day in and day out, the naunces of the subject, and how it plays locally, compared to someone who clinically knows something, such as the post somone earlier presented about the Selma actress and her take on Corretta compared to a black american.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
this isn't your opinion, it's a fact.

black people think doing church plays or "Fences" 100 times in college is the same as being a trained theater actor and it's not

laurence fishburne played the FILM version of othello - you think those young dudes on EMPIRE can do that? :stopitslime:

in fact, they probably think it's unnecessary seeing as they are working actors getting paid millions of dollars, and they're not wrong :hubie:

but when film studios are ready to do meaningful serious projects, they ain't calling these 1 dimensional non- acting ass nikkas

i aint wanna say it.. but yup lol

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
ITT: A buncha butt-hurt ameribrehs (and one musty lookin broad) complaining about non-AA's superior acting abilities. I must say, its been a great read. Keep the hate flowing, brehs.

:kobesmuglol:

@Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha keep yo foot on these insecure mfers neck. :salute:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
My family is Nigerian. No....they can't.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Chadwick Bosman's accent in Message to the kings accent was pretty good.

I always thought the "Americans can't do Accents" was such a stupid Myth.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Anybody that thinks Idris elba is cheaper for these studios than Terrence J is a whole dummy. period.

if you're talking about no-name actors then okay, but some of the most sought after A-list black actors working right now are British, and I doubt they come at wholesale prices.

Why do you think they started importing these guys in the first place?

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Why do you think they started importing these guys in the first place?

i think they "imported" them because they are just better actors.

look at SOME the black talent that Spike Lee ushered in during the 90's

200_s.gif

latest

and look at who Tyler Perry brought in during the 00's

MV5BMTQzOTE5MDI5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDc2MjM4MTE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

MV5BMTM1ODQyNTE3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTIxMTEwNQ@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

i mean we kind of built the damn door for the British black actors to come through and take over:manny:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN

but you do realize that running around saying "you're full of shyt!" doesn't mean that my points aren't valid :mindblown:

you haven't articulated an argument to counter mine yet....again, is this a modless forum? people are allowed to just derail discussions with nonsense around here? :ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
but you do realize that running around saying "you're full of shyt!" doesn't mean that my points aren't valid :mindblown:

you haven't articulated an argument to counter mine yet....again, is this a modless forum? people are allowed to just derail discussions with nonsense around here? :ohhh:

I read the thread and he addressed every point you made.

Being persistent and obtuse doesn't win you the debate.

You are trolling and l will not be responding to you after this.

:dwillhuh: