Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
British actors being classically trained is nice, british community theater actors are most likely not trained. That said you look at broadway, off broadway, theater in Chicago or LA and you have hundreds of classically trained black actors. Again though, that you seem to think the entirety of black actors are on the chitlin circuit is a strange unsupported view and shows your ignorance of black american actors and where they work.

What actors did tyler perry bring to hollywood? Tyler Perry films in his own studio in atlanta, with his own acting company. When he has made movies geared toward hollywood, he has paid the money to bring in HOllywood talent.

Again it seems you don't really have a knowledge of what you are talking about at all.

- traveling black christian plays are not community theater, or they aren't seen as such to black americans.

- i just posted TWO actors tyler perry brought to hollywood

- spike lee brought bill nunn (RIP) to hollywood, bill nunn went on to get cast in and play in films OUTSIDE of what spike was doing

feigning ignorance like you live under 9 rocks isn't an effective debate tactic either.

i dont know who yazz the greatest is. but i can tell you john boyega isnt the black brit you should hang your flag on. hes got a way to go, but hes not some high pinnacle of acting.

giphy.gif

Imperial Dreams? Detroit? Star Wars?

that's not an impressive resume for a young actor now?

yall cats are just saying anything at this point.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Another strawman, the argument isn't about whether you can have an opinion, its about the attack on black american actors being called untrained and unfit for roles.

hold up let's go to school:
Strawman Fallacy
Description: Substituting a person’s actual position or argument with a distorted, exaggerated, or misrepresented version of the position of the argument.

Logical Form:

Person 1 makes claim Y.

Person 2 restates person 1’s claim (in a distorted way).

Person 2 attacks the distorted version of the claim.

Therefore, claim Y is false.

explain how me asking "what about the black american directors casting them in these roles, should they share some blame in this issue?"

^^^^ what's been misrepresented in this question? in fact, i'm acknowledging the TRUTH in that black brits ARE playing black americans.

so how did I distort anything or create a strawman by asking that question? :jbhmm:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
- traveling black christian plays are not community theater, or they aren't seen as such to black americans.

- i just posted TWO actors tyler perry brought to hollywood

- spike lee brought bill nunn (RIP) to hollywood, bill nunn went on to get cast in and play in films OUTSIDE of what spike was doing

feigning ignorance like you live under 9 rocks isn't an effective debate tactic either.

giphy.gif

Imperial Dreams? Detroit? Star Wars?

that's not an impressive resume for a young actor now?

yall cats are just saying anything at this point.

....star wars isnt some pinnacle of high acting man. get real.

imperial dreams didnt do shyt for me. i didnt buy him in that role at all.

and i havent seen detroit yet, it just came out over here.

i like his characters in attack the block and major lazer, but what acclaimed roles has he done?

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
....star wars isnt some pinnacle of high acting man. get real.
imperial dreams didnt do shyt for me. i didnt buy him in that role at all.
and i havent seen detroit yet, it just came out over here.
i like his characters in attack the block and major lazer, but what acclaimed roles has he done?

i just said it was impressive, didn't say you had to fawn over the films:

- Star Wars - highest grossing film of all time in the most coveted movie franchise ever

- Detroit was directed by an oscar winning filmmaker

- Imperial Dreams awards are here
Imperial Dreams - Awards - IMDb

i don't see any made for tv movies or romantic comedies in here, he's off to a good start to his career

parallax

Superstar
Daps
i just said it was impressive, didn't say you had to fawn over the films:

- Star Wars - highest grossing film of all time in the most coveted movie franchise ever

- Detroit was directed by an oscar winning filmmaker

- Imperial Dreams awards are here
Imperial Dreams - Awards - IMDb

i don't see any made for tv movies or romantic comedies in here, he's off to a good start to his career

star wars isnt the highest grossing film because of boyega though. he hitched a ride to the meteor that was star wars.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
star wars isnt the highest grossing film because of boyega though. he hitched a ride to the meteor that was star wars.

of course...not disagreeing with that
but he's in it ain't he? playing a main character right? without that brittish accent either :francis:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another emotional response completely void of any rational argument...

What critically acclaimed award winning filmmaker is casting those two actors at the bottom in their film?!? You think Scorsese is about to cast dude from "meet the browns" in anything?

Now, this is where you say "who cares!" or some other silly message board nonsense, but reality supports my argument sir.

Its bullshyt because you're using bad logic..... you're implying that there aren't qualified black actors and the majority of black actors are only qualified for what you would describe as the chitling circuit(in essence) and its simply not true... not true at all......

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Its bullshyt because you're using bad logic..... you're implying that there aren't qualified black actors and the majority of black actors are only qualified for what you would describe as the chitling circuit(in essence) and its simply not true... not true at all......

And you didn't answer my question either :coffee:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
nikka, its already been answered by someone else in the thread a while back, and you still keep regurgitating this as your main talking point.. looking like a straight up clown in the process

Somebody answered my question of whether or not acclaimed filmmakers are going to hire "meet the Browns?" dude? Where? Link me to where someone answered that?

nikka.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN

But let me ask, this is just a matter of opinion - you really think this new batch of black American actors are better than or just as good as they were in the 90's?

Please no "that's a stupid question!"'s, again this is just a matter of opinion - if you have no opinion then say that :hubie:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
But let me ask, this is just a matter of opinion - you really think this new batch of black American actors are better than or just as good as they were in the 90's?

Please no "that's a stupid question!"'s, again this is just a matter of opinion - if you have no opinion then say that :hubie:

There isn't enough current black programming/cinema, and I mean that exclusively targets blacks, to make a fair assessment..... there was much more black TV during that era