Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Riddle me this? How would you make the comparison? What is the baseline, what type of programming, etc, etc...?

:jbhmm:From just comparing movies and tv series, looking at the talent and who's being nominated for what etc etc...

There's talented black American actors out there working just look at Luke Cage and Atlanta - and TWO just won best supporting actor/actress awards

but if we look at the overall picture compared to the 80's and 90's, just doesn't stack up. Just an opinion though

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:jbhmm:From just comparing movies and tv series, looking at the talent and who's being nominated for what etc etc...

There's talented black American actors out there working just look at Luke Cage and Atlanta - and TWO just won best supporting actor/actress awards

but if we look at the overall picture compared to the 80's and 90's, just doesn't stack up. Just an opinion though

You didn't make a comparison... GIve me examples... You still are just posting opinions.... In what ways from a technical standpoint is one era better than another.... posting accolades doesn't mean anything......

Last edited:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
You didn't make a comparison... GIve me examples... You still are just posting opinions.... In what ways from a is one era better than another.... posting accolades doesn't mean anything......

As pointed out before, the premise of this entire discussion is based off of opinion, even sam Jackson's - who's better than who

Which is why I asked you this question, which you refused to answer :coffee:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Well known Nigerian actor using american accent :heh:

Can't believe it was thrown out there that a Nigerian actor watching enough TV could mimic an American accent.

Our use of "er" sounds like "ah" along with other pronunciations.

Nigerian languages are too harsh and enunciation too different to easily transition into an american accent compared to a Brit making that transition. :mjlol:

Last edited:

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
Yes I guess both groups could stand to learn something.
For now, and many African communities get loans from other African Peoples. There's an entire working class African strip mall funded leased by a Nigerian millionaire, 5 miles from me. This type of network is common and growing.
Yes Africans enjoy affordable housing in/near thriving cities. Most immigrants do.
The first Black president is Kenyan, his dad is Kenyan so that's what he is (culturally).
He isn't culturally Kenyan and has went on record saying he is African American culturally.
That doesn't take away from his Kenyan roots though.