Idris Elba Drags Samuel Jackson For Attempting To Divide Black Actors

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Another emotional nonsensical response. None of you are countering my points with facts, just ad hominem attacks and emotional outbursts.

Page what is this, 39 and nobody still has the courage to criticize or call to task the BLACK AMERICAN DIRECTORS that cast black brits over and over again?

I even posted a quote from SPIKE LEE saying black brits are better actors - nothing. :coffee:

And yet, where were all the brits in chiraq? How about old boy? If they were as good as he was claiming, they would be all in his movies. It seems like a gaslighting situation to me

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
That you keep trying to classify black actors as solely appearing in tyler perry movies, says more about your ignorance and prejudice against afram actors than anything else.

:mjlol: and yet ANOTHER ad hominem attack

If you disagree with my sentiment, provide evidence, name drop...let's discuss, why are you muthafukkas always trying to FIGHT with people you disagree with on message boards!? :mindblown:

And yet, where were all the brits in chiraq? How about old boy? If they were as good as he was claiming, they would be all in his movies. It seems like a gaslighting situation to me

:patrice: you kind of lost me with this one breh....so because spike gave his opinion on this he should cast ALL brits now? in EVERYTHING he does? huh?

Off the top of my head I know he cast a brit lead in his film "Da Sweet Blood of Jesus" which is where he talked about brits in an on camera interview

he's also worked with Chiwitel before...pretty much EVERY black filmmaker in hollywood has cast a black brit to play a black AMERICAN at some point in the last decade

as pointed out this wasn't the case in the 80's and 90's - for WHATEVER REASON the talent pool has gotten worse for black american actors.

parallax

Superstar
Daps

If you disagree with my sentiment, provide evidence, name drop...let's discuss, why are you muthafukkas always trying to FIGHT with people you disagree with on message boards!? :mindblown:

:patrice: you kind of lost me with this one breh....so because spike gave his opinion on this he should cast ALL brits now? in EVERYTHING he does? huh?

Off the top of my head I know he cast a brit lead in his film "Da Sweet Blood of Jesus" which is where he talked about brits in an on camera interview

he's also worked with Chiwitel before...pretty much EVERY black filmmaker in hollywood has cast a black brit to play a black AMERICAN at some point in the last decade

as pointed out this wasn't the case in the 80's and 90's - for WHATEVER REASON the talent pool has gotten worse for black american actors.

not all, but he would have been checking for some in his last few films if that were the case. and with chiraq being a primarily black film he probably could have added a black brit or two to the cast.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

Stop using terms if you aren't going to use them correctly.
I did not attack you as a person to refute your argument.
I literally said you were wrong in trying to classify the work of black actors in the US as being Tyler Perry movies. That is ignorance and it does indeed show your prejuidice against black american actors.

I have already posted names of classically trained actors who have worked outside of Tyler Perry films, and some in them as well as role players, you seem to have ignored this, and lets be honest, we know why.

What I don't get is why you feel the need to diminish black americans and black american actors.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Stop using terms if you aren't going to use them correctly.

:jbhmm: sorry, couldn't make it past this...you didn't call me ignorant 2 replies ago?

not all, but he would have been checking for some in his last few films if that were the case. and with chiraq being a primarily black film he probably could have added a black brit or two to the cast.

again, spike has worked with black brits to play black american actors. chiwitel sat right next to denzel all through INSIDE MAN.

I mean you wanting him to cast black brits in everything just because of his opinion though? that just sounds a little petty don't you think? :patrice:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
You are ignorant as a fact, not an insult, you literally don't know what you are talking about, with regards to black american actors.

:mjlol: so again - an ad hominem attack

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is in which an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.[2]

parallax

Superstar
Daps
:jbhmm: sorry, couldn't make it past this...you didn't call me ignorant 2 replies ago?

again, spike has worked with black brits to play black american actors. chiwitel sat right next to denzel all through INSIDE MAN.

I mean you wanting him to cast black brits in everything just because of his opinion though? that just sounds a little petty don't you think? :patrice:

im not the one boasting that black brits are just better than their american counterparts, or using spike lee as a means to say as much. if they are so much better, then why not cut out the middleman?

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
im not the one boasting that black brits are just better than their american counterparts, or using spike lee as a means to say as much. if they are so much better, then why not cut out the middleman?

I used wood harris too to help illustrate my point. He agrees that they're better - he said that out of his own mouth.

to hear that opinion, and turn it into an "well just cast them in everything!" argument is a rather childish argument.

they're not the ONLY actors, they're just BETTER. there is a difference.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
:mjlol: so again - an ad hominem attack

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is in which an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.[2]
If I didn't actually address your argument, by showing you that black american actors actually have classical training, which some of you claimed they didn't, and that they do more than comedies and tyler perry movies, that some of you claimed, you might have a point. But I literally provided a list of working actors today with classical training and the shows and movies they worked in. Your ignorance is simply a fact, you showed your ignorance in making the claim, you show your prejudice in continuing to make the claim when you were shown that you were wrong.

Now you are trying to deflect instead of defending the actual point you were arguing.

Its pretty sad.

Again though, why do you feel the need to try to belittle and attack us black americans and black american actors as being inferior to you or not trained, when its clear to see that is false?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes it has nothing to do with skill level and more to do with cost. Yes its about cost. Hollywood does get Austrailians and has shown to be willing to invest in them. Look at Mel Gibson (not technically austrailian) but found there, Crowe (new zelander i know), Hemsworth brothers, kidman, watts, guy pearce, sam worthington, and Jai Courtney.

Hollywood does get european actors as well, but they typically rely on actors from the anglosphre.
so in all honesty do you think English actors are less talented on average?

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I used wood harris too to help illustrate my point. He agrees that they're better - he said that out of his own mouth.

to hear that opinion, and turn it into an "well just cast them in everything!" argument is a rather childish argument.

they're not the ONLY actors, they're just BETTER. there is a difference.

they arent better is the point. americans are just as classically trained as brits are. you have people from all over the world going to usc school of theater, julliard and yale. and yet you have cats in this thread going "they cant do accents so theyre worse actors" as if will smith doing a poor south african accent speaks for all actors in the united states

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
If I didn't actually address your argument, by showing you that black american actors actually

I articulated my point very clearly: around the turn of the century Tyler Perry was HUGE so were those "My Momma said Don't Date bad men" traveling plays around that time <<<FACTS.

My theory (I put that in all caps for a reason) is that the explosion in popularity of those plays and that culture, affected the culture of black american actors.

an 18/19 year old around that time is probably not going to juliard or NYU when they can just do some traveling church plays and get $$$

in fact, the creator of the play TOP DOG/UNDERDOG criticized the rise of these types of plays in black culture when i was in college (look it up, fact check me)....

so I didn't see any "LIST" you made in this thread, but I did see the New Edition Story (loved it), I see EMPIRE, if you want to argue that those actors are on the same level as John Boyega go right ahead :yeshrug:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
they arent better is the point. americans are just as classically trained as brits are. you have people from all over the world going to usc school of theater, julliard and yale. and yet you have cats in this thread going "they cant do accents so theyre worse actors" as if will smith doing a poor south african accent speaks for all actors in the united states

well, you have black people working in hollywood that clearly disagree.

was Ava Duverney wrong for casting David Oyewelo (a brit) as DR KING? a yes or no will do.