ICE Raids in Mississippi’s Chicken Country Create Opportunity for Black Residents

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
How are we "fighting for scraps" with mufuggas that ain't even posed to be here???

:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:
Did you even read what you wrote before you pressed reply?

There is no struggle between blacks and illegals?
Are you saying that there is no issue with this dynamic? I guess this thread shouldn't exist then right?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:laff: your tough talk is hilarious...

but seriously, they posted THE WHOLE ARTICLE too you got damned weirdo.

I notice you didn't deny you got jealous :umad:
no they didn't dikkhead. the post length isn't even the same and the paywall keeps broke nikkas like you uneducated

Fall back chicken little :hhh:

Daps
still haven't explained what point you're making, if you even have one.

why is working in a chicken factory so toxic, that black people should prefer to be unemployed?

well read my original post. i specifically linked an article so you can get where the basis of my opinion was coming from. then i gave my personal opinion that i wouldn't want anyone i gave a fukk about to live near or work there "but hey".... in context, that "but hey" is me recognizing that people need to do what they need to do. lol, it was a perfectly fine post but nikkas sassy and in they feelings as usual. in fact, someone earlier in the thread said basically the same thing "these aren't the best jobs, blah blah" and there was no sassy clap backs lol :yeshrug:
only difference between theirs and mine was i actually added a link to facts.

also the thing that especially irritates me about this is that they PURPOSELY place these near communities of color. like, if it was just random and the brehs sought it out or something like that then yeah i would be more inclined to say it is what it is. but they PURPOSELY place these there knowing that some people are already the last to be picked for all other jobs so they gotta settle for this shyt and its poison. if you dont see how its a set up then idk what to tell you

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Fair enough @śïñe•qúå_nøn

When i read articles like this I just get upset
No one was punished for hiring these illegals
If they really wanted to solve this problem they wouldn't need to build a wall but start giving out huge fines to business that hire illegals. And let be proportionate the business. Since this is the koch company that fine should be in the billions.

But instead they are using my tax dollars for this solution

I didn't hire these illegals but I got to pay for it.
:unimpressed:
well theres supposedly an on-going investigation into the owners because the illegals engaged in TONS of fraud to get the jobs.

Don't think they're all "innocent" either... you gotta break a bunch of laws to even get hired even if the employer isn't technically breaking the laws themselves:

How Restaurants Hire Undocumented Workers

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
still haven't explained what point you're making, if you even have one.

why is working in a chicken factory so toxic, that black people should prefer to be unemployed?
I don’t think that person has the intellectual capacity to formulate a thought out response. No critical thinking skills at all. Just a dumb ass response.

In fact, this may be a cac :patrice:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
kinda wild a lot of people's take from this story is that this is a good thing and there are jobs

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
How much does that job pay:mjpls:
11.40 an hour which equates to around 23k per person. The average income per person in Morton Mississippi is 12,556 dollars according to the census.

The per capita incomefor the city was $12,556. About 18.9% of families and 24.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 32.5% of those under age 18 and 22.4% of those age 65 or over.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It shouldn't be ignored that the *real* problem here is the so-called job creators:

"But as American chicken consumption boomed in the 1980s, manufacturers went in search of “cheaper and more exploitable workers,” Dr. Stuesse wrote, chiefly Latin American immigrants.

At the time, the Koch plant in Morton was owned by a local company, B.C. Rogers Poultry, which organized efforts to recruit Hispanics from the Texas border as early as 1977. Soon, the company was operating a sizable effort it called “The Hispanic Project,” bringing in thousands of workers and housing them in trailers.
"

It also should not be ignored that these jobs come with horrible working conditions and that this company recently settled a lawsuit over labor abuses (without admitting any wrongdoing, so it will likely continue). I hope this leads to the organizing of a strong union here to demand better working conditions, but given that Mississippi is an at-will state, I'm not so sure. Anyway, this is a complicated subject, and I am not necessarily in favor of unchecked immigration, but I think it's being lost on some what the real problem is so to speak.
You can't have it both ways fam.

I don't hate illegals.

And I support LEGAL immigration. its how my parents got here. Its how many people I work with (PhDs, MDs, etc) got here.

But theres a process, and theres a line... you can't jump that and undermine the needs of the country (which are regulated dynamically annually) when it comes to the immigration the country wants.

Plus, you can't do this shyt in Mexico!!!