ICE Raids in Mississippi’s Chicken Country Create Opportunity for Black Residents

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why don't you ask those people?

Personally, I'm only interested in the government doing whatever it takes to keep illegals out of jobs that should be going to Black Americans. If that means fining employers who hire illegals, I am in favor of it. Why shouldn't I be?

Fair enough @śïñe•qúå_nøn

When i read articles like this I just get upset
No one was punished for hiring these illegals
If they really wanted to solve this problem they wouldn't need to build a wall but start giving out huge fines to business that hire illegals. And let be proportionate the business. Since this is the koch company that fine should be in the billions.

But instead they are using my tax dollars for this solution

I didn't hire these illegals but I got to pay for it.
:unimpressed:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
There is a This American Life episode on this issue about chicken farms in Alabama. They mention how illegal workers came in and displaced black and white workers alike and broke up their ability to unionized. It led to me changing my mind on the subject quite a bit.

Our Town - Part One - This American Life

In the end; there are being used. It's not there fault they have an opportunty

That being said; I don't like this idea of open borders, but, I fully understand them taking advantage

This is being done to undermind the Amer worker

First they send our jobs overseas, not they are importing workers who won't unionize, won't question conditions, and won't demand higher pay

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It shouldn't be ignored that the *real* problem here is the so-called job creators:

"But as American chicken consumption boomed in the 1980s, manufacturers went in search of “cheaper and more exploitable workers,” Dr. Stuesse wrote, chiefly Latin American immigrants.

At the time, the Koch plant in Morton was owned by a local company, B.C. Rogers Poultry, which organized efforts to recruit Hispanics from the Texas border as early as 1977. Soon, the company was operating a sizable effort it called “The Hispanic Project,” bringing in thousands of workers and housing them in trailers.
"

It also should not be ignored that these jobs come with horrible working conditions and that this company recently settled a lawsuit over labor abuses (without admitting any wrongdoing, so it will likely continue). I hope this leads to the organizing of a strong union here to demand better working conditions, but given that Mississippi is an at-will state, I'm not so sure. Anyway, this is a complicated subject, and I am not necessarily in favor of unchecked immigration, but I think it's being lost on some what the real problem is so to speak.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Fighting illegal Mexicans for scraps. These businesses really got us like crabs in a bucket. Poor people pulling down poor people while the rich prosper at historic levels.
fukk all that noise, son.

These people can now raise families instead of chasing black market money.

All these illegals were feeding families and sending money back home.

Whats your problem with that?

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Fighting illegal Mexicans for scraps. These businesses really got us like crabs in a bucket. Poor people pulling down poor people while the rich prosper at historic levels.

I disagree with your framing of ICE deporting illegal immigrants as black people "fighting" Mexicans. Stop blaming Black people for what ICE does.

We are not "pulling down" or stealing anything from Mexicans when ICE comes in and removes them.

That is between the illegals and the US Government, not Black people and illegals.

Besides, there would be nothing wrong with Black people fighting illegal migrants for jobs in their own country, just like the illegal migrants are fighting for Black jobs.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
No black man should ever apologize for providing for himself or his family. Also, those “leaders” need to STFU and eat a dikk.

Nikkas is starving out here nobody want to hear that “it’s like slavery” nonsense.

Last edited: