I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Look let’s just face it , it’s a never ending cycle . This man made this in 96. An era people this day in age would call the greatest time in hip hop

It’s some nikkas who was just complainers. Lol. Track was crazy tho. shyt Common made I Used To Love HER in arguably the greatest year in hip hop. Lol.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Look let’s just face it , it’s a never ending cycle . This man made this in 96. An era people this day in age would call the greatest time in hip hop

Great example, one of many from what people now call the Golden Era, because during it, nikkas were already reminiscing on the previous Golden Era and wanting it to go back to that. Wildly enough, they were already wanting to backtrack to less than 10 years prior, and this was 25+ years ago.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wayne wasn't a real Blood to anyone who understands gang culture. Using the slang and reppin a set on record isn't recruiting anybody because we all know it's more to joining a gang than reppin a set and throwing signs. There's real consequences in doing that. And again, gang culture has been a part of Hip Hop lingo and style since at least the 90's. Breh, stoners have always existed. And the fact that you are even in here talking about "but nikkas wasn't smoking smoking until Currency/Wiz post 2010 era".

This is complete bullshyt:mjlol: based on your logic gangs would've never left LA and Chicago and now them shyts are everywhere. I grew up around gangs and I'm from Alabama nikka:mjlol:

You can save all the "anyone who understands gang culture" bullshyt you don't sound cool:mjlol: Nikkas fly flags and face "consequences" all over the nation. Again just because YOU don't think Wayne is a real Blood don't mean some 14 year old in 2007 didn't

No shyt stoners have always existed:mjlol: but what a stoner is and looked like in 1979/80/90 ain't the same thing. Those images are shaped by media. Wiz and Currensy had nikkas wearing high socks and cargo shorts but the influence hard stops at weed? You picking and choosing what nikkas are influenced by and that shyt is unrealistic, ESPECIALLY if you've lived a live shaped by hip hop

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is complete bullshyt:mjlol: based on your logic gangs would've never left LA and Chicago and now them shyts are everywhere. I grew up around gangs and I'm from Alabama nikka:mjlol:

You can save all the "anyone who understands gang culture" bullshyt you don't sound cool:mjlol: Nikkas fly flags and face "consequences" all over the nation. Again just because YOU don't think Wayne is a real Blood don't mean some 14 year old in 2007 didn't

No shyt stoners have always existed:mjlol: but what a stoner is and looked like in 1979/80/90 ain't the same thing. Those images are shaped by media. Wiz and Currensy had nikkas wearing high socks and cargo shorts but the influence hard stops at weed? You picking and choosing what nikkas are influenced by and that shyt is unrealistic, ESPECIALLY if you've lived a live shaped by hip hop

Gangs have always been everywhere. What does you growing up in Alabama have to do with gang culture?

There is a difference between a 14 year old using gang slang and wearing colors because of Wayne and a 14 year old actively trying to join a set. It's not the same.

A stoner is a stoner. High socks and cargo shorts ain't start or stop with Wiz. Snoop was running around wearing that in 2003 and Wiz is like Snoop's son musically all the way down to doing an album and movie with him. Snoop is synonymous with weed at this point.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Common issues was the corporatization and gangsterification of hip hop which he foresaw looking at how shyt is now he was correct

Bruh... that was a commentary on where shyt was THEN... the whole third verse is literally mentioning all the things that were happening in '94, musically and in the way certain stuff was being presented in the mainstream. He wasn't bein' clairvoyant or foreseeing anything, it was there. This is one of the biggest misunderstandings about that song.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
dusty/lyrical rap is prob at its height currently tbh

but in regards to any other sub-genre of rap (drill, emo, grime, trap etc.) the music industry just has more volume now, and with volume also comes a large chunk of nikkas that are mediocre or not putting as much effort into their music as other, and sometimes it shows.

also;

-we havent been exposed to THIS much sex being sold by female rappers (leaving talented ones overlooked)
-drug addiction being popularized
-everyone wants to be a shooter (i.e, drill rap)

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Bruh... that was a commentary on where shyt was THEN... the whole third verse is literally mentioning all the things that were happening in '94, musically and in the way certain stuff was being presented in the mainstream. He wasn't bein' clairvoyant or foreseeing anything, it was there. This is one of the biggest misunderstandings about that song.
I’m aware and since his gripe then what he was talking about has only worsened.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gangs have always been everywhere. What does you growing up in Alabama have to do with gang culture?

There is a difference between a 14 year old using gang slang and wearing colors because of Wayne and a 14 year old actively trying to join a set. It's not the same.

A stoner is a stoner. High socks and cargo shorts ain't start or stop with Wiz. Snoop was running around wearing that in 2003 and Wiz is like Snoop's son musically all the way down to doing an album and movie with him. Snoop is synonymous with weed at this point.
Yea you're full of shyt:mjlol:

Gangs have always been everywhere? Here I am thinking Bloods and Crips started in Cali, and GD,VL,Folks started in Chicago. I really do appreciate you informing me of the fact that they were always everywhere:russ:

What your brain is refusing to align is sometimes those two 14 year olds are the same person but keep playing dumb:manny:

Lets compare the amount of high socks+cargos worn from 2011-2013 vs any other point in hip hop history you were either in a cave during this period or you're playing dumb. And Snoop Dogg has never been known for wearing cargo shorts. Wiz got that from Currensy, who's from New Orleans where nikkas we're know for wearing camo cargos

Again you want to pick and choose when and what gets influenced by rappers and your posts aren't even consistent with each other. You're being pedantic about shyt that is easily proven

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea you're full of shyt:mjlol:

Gangs have always been everywhere? Here I am thinking Bloods and Crips started in Cali, and GD,VL,Folks started in Chicago. I really do appreciate you informing me of the fact that they were always everywhere:russ:

What your brain is refusing to align is sometimes those two 14 year olds are the same person but keep playing dumb:manny:

Lets compare the amount of high socks+cargos worn from 2011-2013 vs any other point in hip hop history you were either in a cave during this period or you're playing dumb. And Snoop Dogg has never been known for wearing cargo shorts. Wiz got that from Currensy, who's from New Orleans where nikkas we're know for wearing camo cargos

Again you want to pick and choose when and what gets influenced by rappers and your posts aren't even consistent with each other. You're being pedantic about shyt that is easily proven

If you think Chicago and L.A. are the only places that had gangs that's on you or that these are the only places in which gangs originated, that is on you.

It's not playing dumb. What Wayne does is superficial, surface level in regard to gangs. We've had people rocking colors and bandanas for how long? We've had people throwing signs for how long? All this pre-dates Wayne. People are seeking to join gangs have been turned onto that lifestyle by the gang activity in their neighborhood far more than some song that ain't even really showing you the lifestyle. This is no different than the Alpos and Kenneth Griffiths, the BMF's and the like influencing Hip Hop from the fashion to the lifestyle. These are real people that Hip Hop artists emulated. Not the other way around.

And breh, this cargo+short sick argument is by far the dumbest, most trivial point you're attempting to make. Explain what Snoop is rocking in the video below: