I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Why the fukk do a lot of y’all even still post here? Between the bullshyt music takes. The seemingly blatant disgust for anything hip hop related. The condescending nature of y’all posts. The damn near flat out c00n posting ESPECIALLY in TLR. Feels like I’m in a forum with a bunch of undercover crackas and cornballs. I’m getting more and more uncomfortable posting here cause of it.

I get what you're saying, but let's look at the product you're defending also.

I know you and plenty of others on here Tory fans, but have you seen who produced his entire last project?
The credits are released, nearly the entire Tory Lanez new album is made by non-black producers: white, asian, middle eastern and latino. A lot of these cats are teenagers.

Producer credits from the album:

Track 6, 7, 9, 15, 16, 20 were by same executive producer (as well as every track):

Like I said, this ain't nothing new. Many of the tracks you brehs been listening to were made by cats like this the last 3-4 years.

A lot of folks over in that album thread in The Booth gassing up the production too, so it is what it is.

Mass majority of the music today is produced by suburb cats like this. They watched a bunch of youtube tutorials and clout chased heavy.

Posted about it in this thread:

So much of drill for example and check the majority of the top hip-hop songs over on spotify as well and see who produced them.

Bunch of negative, destructive words over their beats for their clout chase/entertainment. Probably like "Oh shyt! Barz!" :gladbron: too when they hear it.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I also think this anti-Hip Hop sentiment isn't limited to one sided critiques of Hip Hop, but more so the attitude towards Hip Hop. We are quick to label our own artists as flops, but then turn around celebrate Taylor Swift. Not knocking her success, but it's proof that on here, it's cool to tear down a Beyonce or Drake or any huge superstar from our own culture, but praise Swift. That's not the only example either. Posters on here scream Pro-Black, but there's an appreciation thread of John Mayer. Talent aside, I've seen artists on here drug for less and this dude compared his genitals to David Duke in response to being attracted to/dating women of other races.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I also think this anti-Hip Hop sentiment isn't limited to one sided critiques of Hip Hop, but more so the attitude towards Hip Hop. We are quick to label our own artists as flops, but then turn around celebrate Taylor Swift. Not knocking her success, but it's proof that on here, it's cool to tear down a Beyonce or Drake or any huge superstar from our own culture, but praise Swift. That's not the only example either. Posters on here scream Pro-Black, but there's an appreciation thread of John Mayer. Talent aside, I've seen artists on here drug for less and this dude compared his genitals to David Duke in response to being attracted to/dating women of other races.
The praising of Taylor swift is to mock and talk about hipho

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see most if the modernized rap discussion on the web being a straight up glorification of these dudes killing each other or gossip shyt with the music as a sidebar.

A racist white person would not be speaking against violent music centered around black on black violence. they would be egging it on, consuming it much like the teenage cacs in lil durk comments egging him on to "slide for Von".
Facts!!!

Last edited:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Cause these nikkas some hoes. Cause these nikkas jealous of rappers lifestyles and have some weird obsession with street nikkas. Cause these nikkas broke. Cause these nikkas miserable in general. Cause these nikkas judgmental and holier than thou. Cause these nikkas have no identity. Cause these nikkas only have a voice on the internet. Cause these nikkas some flat out dweebs

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
I get what you're saying, but let's look at the product you're defending also.

I know you and plenty of others on here Tory fans, but have you seen who produced his entire last project?

Mass majority of the music today is produced by suburb cats like this. They watched a bunch of youtube tutorials and clout chased heavy.

Posted about it in this thread:

So much of drill for example and check the majority of the top hip-hop songs over on spotify as well and see who produced them.

Bunch of negative, destructive words over their beats for their clout chase/entertainment. Probably like "Oh shyt! Barz!" :gladbron: too when they hear it.
This should be a topic by itself

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cause these nikkas some hoes. Cause these nikkas jealous of rappers lifestyles and have some weird obsession with street nikkas. Cause these nikkas broke. Cause these nikkas miserable in general. Cause these nikkas judgmental and holier than thou. Cause these nikkas have no identity. Cause these nikkas only have a voice on the internet. Cause these nikkas some flat out dweebs

Truth in this post, but this post could make for a dope skit on an album especially with a knocking beat behind it.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This should be a topic by itself
Yup. Look at the top 10 songs on Rap caviar. These are some of your producers:

#1 Just Wanna Rock - Lil Uzi
Producer: Indian dude who went to USC that also produced that last TM88 project.

#3 Poland - Lil Yachty
Producer:

#6 To The Bone - Quavo, Takeoff and Young Thug
Producer (has produced a lot of migos/young thug music as well in the past):

Been looking like that for the last few years and cats don't even know it.

Drill lowkey may be even worse. Remember this?

That (and many other u.k drill songs) were produced by cats like this:

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Producer: Indian dude who went to USC that also produced that last TM88 project.

#3 Poland - Lil Yachty
Producer:

Producer:

None of this surprises me because Murda Beatz is white and he was producing for everybody. Then his tag is "Murda on da beat". It's crazy.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
None of this surprises me because Murda Beatz is white and he was producing for everybody. Then his tag is "Murda on da beat". It's crazy.
Yeah straight up right now it's gamer/twitch culture crowd who are making beats.

Murda was a producer who earned his stripes imo and actually had respect for the culture.

Most cats nowadays are suburbian kids who are in it for the clout chase and never interacted with a Black person in their life.

Make a beat, put it on Beatstars.com (the new soundcloud) then the artist goes and buys the rights to it (for about $50) and gets an engineer to record over it:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Yeah straight up right now it's gamer/twitch culture crowd who are making beats.

Murda was a producer who earned his stripes imo and actually had respect for the culture.

Most cats nowadays are suburbian kids who are in it for the clout chase and never interacted with a Black person in their life.

Make a beat, put it on Beatstars.com (the new soundcloud) then the artist goes and buys the rights to it (for about $50) and gets an engineer to record over it:

Everybody's eating off "the culture" but Black folk.

:francis:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Breh, kids these days have their faces buried in a phone. I never said they didn't listen music, but it ain't the same. Music used to be HUGE. It isn't a big deal anymore. That's even reflected in the sales. None of them are going out of their way to hear a new song even if it's an artist they like.
I can speak for my city and I’m sure in other cities it’s the same shyt just with their personalities, culture, and in their variation.

NYC teens looking at social media and YouTube consists of Buba100x, Upper Class, and Kai Cenat videos, recordings of local drill rappers Instagram lives, DJ Akademiks, NoJumper, gangster documentaries, OnTheRadar freestyles, Talk of the Town interviews, the CC Show, NY Reddit, YouTuber song reaction videos, sturdy drill dance routines, etc. When their heads are buried into their phones that’s what they’re looking at. Their phone usage revolves around “the culture” and their own social lives.

You don’t know what kids look at lol and yeah they do listen faithfully if their new rapper of the moment drops. These kids alone have made NBA YoungBoy one of the most commercially successful hip-hop artists of All-Time in just 5 years.

1.1M views with no deal in a week local rappers city kids are faithfully tuning in every drop…

Local drill rapper with no deal on a small independent platform 10M views in a year off a freestyle

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

#3 Poland - Lil Yachty
Producer:

Producer (has produced a lot of migos/young thug music as well in the past):

This is thread worthy. :ohhh:

Metro was the last “star” producer.

This generation don’t wanna be producers they want to be the rappers all up in the cameras.

We are seeing more and more suburban and international producers and all the engineers are white guys. I don’t know what it is if that’s seen as nerd shyt or it’s an access thing with the equipment and computers but it’s noticeable now.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
This is thread worthy. :ohhh:

Metro was the last “star” producer.

This generation don’t wanna be producers they want to be the rappers all up in the cameras.

We are seeing more and more suburban and international producers and all the engineers are white guys. I don’t know what it is if that’s seen as nerd shyt or it’s an access thing with the equipment and computers but it’s noticeable now.

It's clout being a damn drug to Gen Z. It takes long-term DISCIPLINE to be a legit producer.