I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
How is this a reason to be anti hiphop tho?

You also have 100% control on the music you consume now.

how was my post anti-anything? u should be smarter than that.. YOU have control of what u want but that don't stop spotify from pushing playlists on teens and shoving violent gang content down they throat.. that don't stop the aks and Vlads of the world.. that don't stop DJs in Atlanta.. that don't stop social media pushing fuccery to the forefront.. those platforms have way more control on what trends than people realize

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Pac's two most celebrated albums while he was alive went straight to #1 off 'Dear Mama' and 'California Love' as the lead singles. A song about the love between a mother and son and a song celebrating life in Cali

Snoop's biggest hit was 'gin n' juice'. Dogg Pound had 'lets play house'

for all the "but gangsta rap sold!" posts in there... there was a clear balance with the music. There's a difference between the celebration of life in general while narrating the streets and a whole album of just "go murder everyone cause they a different set"
Yea but we can’t front that their stories made them more intriguing. Snoop went on trial for murder and was a real life Crip. At one point Pac was more known for controversy than the actual music. Hip hop been violent for a long time tho. I’m not gonna lie and say it isn’t more violent overall now. But the streets are more violent now than they ever have been and it’s reflected in the music

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
how was my post anti-anything? u should be smarter than that.. YOU have control of what u want but that don't stop spotify from pushing playlists on teens and shoving violent gang content down they throat.. that don't stop the aks and Vlads of the world.. that don't stop DJs in Atlanta.. that don't stop social media pushing fuccery to the forefront.. those platforms have way more control on what trends than people realize
The thread is about this site becoming anti hiphop? Why would anything you’re saying make people on a rap forum being anti hiphop?

I think what you’re describing actually gives rap less reach and I think it contributes to newer artist being discussed less on here.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
But the streets are more violent now than they ever have been and it’s reflected in the music

i don't believe so.. wouldn't say "more".. violence may be on the rise but the cracc era was :merchant:

Social media promotes more violence and more sex. Chloe Bailey can't trend w/ music or art because these platforms aren't designed that way to really push the quality of music. it's about instant gratification...

She shows her ass and now everyone see who she is.. so that's the gameplan for all artists. mariah carey got by off talent even more so than her face and body. That's not how anything is promoted now.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Yea but we can’t front that their stories made them more intriguing. Snoop went on trial for murder and was a real life Crip. At one point Pac was more known for controversy than the actual music. Hip hop been violent for a long time tho. I’m not gonna lie and say it isn’t more violent overall now. But the streets are more violent now than they ever have been and it’s reflected in the music
You also had rappers who entire identity was selling dope which is as destructive as it gets.

The idea that things were more innocent because Jay z had to make “Can I get a” in order to get on the radio is laughable to me

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
i don't believe so.. wouldn't say "more".. violence may be on the rise but the cracc era was :merchant:

Social media promotes more violence and more sex. Chloe Bailey can't trend w/ music or art because these platforms aren't designed that way to really push the quality of music. it's about instant gratification...

She shows her ass and now everyone see who she is.. so that's the gameplan for all artists. mariah carey got by off talent even more so than her face and body. That's not how anything is promoted now.
Sex and violence has always been promoted in entertainment

Social media just changes how it’s received

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I think explicit hip hop should be for adults only...I mean no radio/playlists/youtube/etc... but that will/can never happen. Me personally, I don't give a flying fukk about any rapper whatsoever, don't want to be like them, don't think they're cool, etc... None of that, never have...so they have no impression on me, I'm grown, I can just listen to the pimping and gangbanging and womanizing and drug dealing and killing each other and materialism and get my workout in then cut that bullshyt off when I leave the gym and go back to Marvin and Sade.

My only gripe ever is the babies consuming this shyt 24/7 and really looking up to these guys and this lifestyle they talk about...that they themselves aren't even crazy enough to really be living. How people gloss over the obvious, clear, undeniable, influence this shyt has over the babies is disgusting man, for real, and sad. If my daughter and stepson spoke like TI's kid, with all that cussin and posturing and bullshyt, they'd get that shyt disciplined out of them real quick.

If you're an adult and you enjoy listening to valueless music all day and still get your 40 hours in and provide for your family and all that, so fukking what? Do you, lol, enjoy that shyt champ. Being an apologist for it is gross to me but that's just me, I care too much about the babies and I have babies, I can't ignore the bad shyt just because I grew up on it and love it, can't do that.
It used to be.

This moral less FBA society is only a few decades old.

There was a fight for the soul of our culture and we chose Bone and Tupac.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The thread is about this site becoming anti hiphop? Why would anything you’re saying make people on a rap forum being anti hiphop?

I think what you’re describing actually gives rap less reach and I think it contributes to newer artist being discussed less on here.

Because people don't have the time (or knowledge) to search that's why.. You could hear good music in the mainstream before and that made someone a fan before they really knew who the artist was. u were already introduced.

Now it's an algorithm or someone like an Atlanta DJ throwing some sh-t on cause he got ties to the people or ak yapping about the latest drama..

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child

Yea the crack era was terrible. But back then you knew most crimes were centered around the drug trade. These little nikkas killing for sport now. Another thing is modern medicine has gotten better so more lives are being saved whereas nikka just used to die. Way more people getting shot now. Your right about social media tho

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
yet here u are stanning a 35-year old cornball who has never matured. Same garbage songs about instagram hoes a decade later :pachaha:

I embrace younger music ..I listen to current gen and legacy acts

This thread is nothing more than a roundabout way of saying “I only consider hip hop, the stuff that I listen to…so anything beyond my taste and personal preference is not hip hop”

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I embrace younger music ..I listen to current gen and legacy acts

This thread is nothing more than a roundabout way of saying “I only consider hip hop, the stuff that I listen to…so anything beyond my taste and personal preference is not hip hop”
That’s literally nowhere near what I was trying to say with the thread.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I also wanted to touch on this too in regard to the youth and Hip Hop. I posted an interview where T.I. interviewed Jermaine Dupri in regard to Kriss Kross. JD talked about how the kids in Kriss Kross lived was different from the the music they made. One of them selling drugs at school and this wasn't weed he was selling. They talked about finding a dead body. This wasn't reflected in their music. They weren't trying to be rappers. JD signed them because they had the look and style of a rapper. So when we talk about kids being turned onto the lifestyle, this whole lifestyle is who they are before being exposed to the music. This wasn't modern day Atlanta JD was describing, it was early '90's Atlanta.

When you hear early Outkast and Goodie Mob speak on it, these are 17-19 to early 20's talking about what they've experienced or done. The Hip Hop they gravitated towards and were largely influenced by was in contrast to what they were speaking on. Atlanta went from Kriss Kross and Arrested Development to Bass music to a grittier sound that had a spiritual, conscious aesthetic to it in Dungeon Family. The point is what was described in the music was them talking about their surroundings. When they talk about Red Dog, the gated communities, mourning childhood friends, all these things aren't the product of Hip Hop. It's circumstances that had been set in motion before they were even born.

Last edited: