I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It's not a "needs" thing tho bro...it's just as we age we (should) become less immature and stupid, and this is reflected in our views and opinions. As a kid I just thought the old heads was haters...because to me the music was just cool, I didn't know any better. As an adult, I realize the shyt was madd violent and stupid and dangerous for an impressionable kid to be consuming ad nauseam...looking up to these idiots.

Only in hip hop is everything dictated by the babies...they are the tastemakers. That's why a lot of the popular images/content we get is so stupid and ignorant...kids run this shyt. The youth steer the cool ship here...and you got 40+ year olds frontin like they're younger, riding along looking fukkin stupid, lol...100% weirdos. Imagine if teens ran the household or were in real positions of power, lol, imagine the fukkery levels...well here that's the reality.

Dudes gotta grow up bro...I think a lot of these defenders probably still live with they parents...got no relationship, no seeds...just be online all day bullshytting living a lie...like a fukking kid, straight weirdo status. Nigs gotta grow up and shape up man, clock is ticking. Or don't, lol...I'm just tryna help. No responsible adult is going to defend obvious poison...especially when the effects of it are evident.

And salute to yall who are just loyal to a fault because hip hop raised you so you ridin...I aint even mad at yall too tough, I empathize. I'm talking to the lost nigs...the ones who think that vapid, stupid, ignorant hip hop = black culture...that's why when you see people attacking that shyt you get on some " :ohmy: , you hate your own people!!!" timing. fukk outta here, that shyt aint my culture, that's demon culture, get that shyt up off of us. Truth be told, that "demon" "savage" "devil" shyt is more white culture...but yall aint tryna go there yet, holla at me tho.
Maybe I ain’t come across too clear but I agree with you and I was trying to say the same thing in my post

grendelprime

Suits 2 for $99
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hip hop has always been a young man’s sport

I think you forgot you’ve aged alongside your favorite rappers
I disagree with your statement that Hip hop is a young man’s sport. (Hip hop isn’t a sport to me)
Hip hop gives a voice to people. When Hip hop started, it was the voice of young people. Most of those young people creatively told their stories of their environment. Those same young people grew up. They still tell their stories. It’s just not as many young people relate to stories of their current environment.

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Imma be honest I've been noticing alot with this section and I can understand why top tier posters don't post at all or they venture to other sections. I see more "Hall of Fame" posters post and ghost this section or just hang in the coliseum or the film room. They don't have all of that.

The other day we had a guy in a thread literally spamming the hell out of the comments (he literally had 5-6 posts on one page with the same shyt!) because he didn't like a certain artist and WAS LITERALLY MAD😡 that others wasn't agreeing with him when he called the artist wack. And started trolling. Childish shyt.

What upset me more is I understand cats got there own opinion but don't get mad when someone disagrees with you or asks you as a hip hop head to put some weight on your opinion and you can't even give a proper explanation as to why he/she is "wack" or even what would make them better.

I'll never get why the fukk ppl on here go in threads of artist they don't like just to say this artist is basic or he's wack as fukk. That shyt counterproductive. I don't fool with Drake or Lil Baby so you never see me in threads by them. A&Rs don't even do that shyt but some on here want to act like "internet A&Rs". Emotional intelligence something alot don't have. Why give energy to a thread or comment on a artist you claim not to like.

That's because People are misrable and want to find something to bytch about...

I don't listen to NBA YoungBoy, Lil baby or them and you don't see me in threads related to him or their music.

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I'm just telling the truth:russ:
Nikkas know good and well what the fukk going on but acting like they were never influenced by rappers in their era

Acting like they weren't rolling one pants leg up, rocking them ugly ass baggy button ups after the Change Clothes video, or getting a perm like 8 Ball:mjlol:

And yes whether nikkas accept it or not it's a part of the ecosystem that pushes SOME nikkas into street shyt

Some of y'all sold your first lil bullshyt ass bag of weed because of a rapper:russ:

No lie when I was younger(14-16). I started sagging more and went through that phase because at that time bytches loved the prototype.. Especially when we seen how Method Man, Pac, Snoop, Jodeci were considered sex symbols so alot of dudes started trying to get tats, become more rugged, because at the time that's what women wanted. Me included.

When my uncle whipped my ass with the that cold leather, then my pops whipped me, I stopped doing that shyt .

This is why strong figures are needed because it's very easy to get caught in the entertainment whirlwind

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Show me these “good” threads.

You joined this year. Were you a part of sohh? Or even part of the coli in 2012?

You playing contrarian to say something thats blatantly false; the coli 101. Not mad at ya. Everyones looking for a quick one up on here like itll give em an extra life. Me included. Tho i prefer the long blade.

Lets look at the forum right now…

- 50 sublimity disses his son (GOSSIP)
- THE OFFICIAL JOE BUDDEN PODCAST (yall king of GOSSIP)
-TI disses charleston white
-willie D thinks kanyes mom committwd suicide because hes crazy..
- king harriss goes in on charleston whiye
-Jim Jones would rather take a convo with diddy than 1 mill cash (the ultimate coli breh)
-kanye mentioned the jooz what do you think will happen next
-i think tony yayo is slow
-vlone parts ways with asap bari
-wu tang partners with crocs
-14 yr old rapper killed on 1 train

11/35 threads about bullshyt

Instead of talking about the art of hip hop, the CULTURE, we talk about everything else besides the music OURSELVES… then we cry about rappers who do the same thing.

Every thread listed above is about everything BUT the music.

The rest are stickied album release threads of which people give things classic status, will post about the album while new and then never talk about it Again. EVER.

And new music and video drops that get ZERO replies ie. Poor @KingOFKings , on the second page alone he has 9 new music thread drops with 11 total replies.

10 yr old threads constantky being upped because we dont talk about it lately.

Dont even get me started on the guys who post in smileys, or one sentence posts adding nothing to the conversation.

This thread is the only serious thread on the page one right now. And OP sayung same shyt, so are others.

Its not opinion, its a fact this place has fallen in posting quality. A lot of people banned, a lot moved on. Rap changed.

But hey, if you like zero content, negative post quality; saying nothing worthwhile; until everyone degenerates into calling each other cacs… be my guest. The coli is like fishing today. Only a few of these threads reel me in.
@KingOFKings deserves his flowers. He be putting on a lot of black content creators too

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
And when people blame Hip Hop, they don't even want to acknowledge that the world has changed in a lot of ways. I'm not talking small changes, but drastic changes. All of that plays into the mentality especially of the youth. A lot of people here probably don't even talk to younger people to even know what influences them.

I would go out on a limb and say music doesn't soundtrack the lives of today's youth and they would be more influenced by something they viewed on Tiktok, Instagram or YouTube than a song from a music artist. They are more prone to take part in a challenge they saw on social media (regardless of how dumb, dangerous, or both) than a song.
Holy crap you must live under a rock bro :mjtf:

I mean you must LITERALLY never go outside or interact with other human beings to say something like this :mjtf:

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Its funny, this type of discussion is the end result of the type of forum OP seems to be wanting. His problem with the Coli is the self aware discussions on the music not in the moment fandom and non questioning revelry of the bullshyt like you would get in a IG comment section or reddit. I see most if the modernized rap discussion on the web being a straight up glorification of these dudes killing each other or gossip shyt with the music as a sidebar.

What really should be explored is some people's urge to craft a narrative around people having discussions that make you feel uncomfortable. The accusations dont even make any sense, yall sound even more out of touch than the oldheads with your capes out.

A racist white person would not be speaking against violent music centered around black on black violence. they would be egging it on, consuming it much like the teenage cacs in lil durk comments egging him on to "slide for Von".

This thread is just OP and several others trying to find a space safe from self reflection and some blue pills to chomp on
:wow:

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The financiers of the whole setup are anti hip hop. This is all just marketing of what they want it - and by extension, the people - to be.
This is the most important part.

The IMAGE and lifestyle that rap music glamorizes is ultimately what they want black people to emulate and aspire to be, and it's working to perfection.

Rap Music is one of the most important tools of white supremacy.

It's mental and spiritual warfare.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
No one hates Hip Hop, only the corporate and ignant street fukkery that fuels negativity of black people. If that is too hard for you to understand, look at Hip Hop History PRIOR to NWA.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Holy crap you must live under a rock bro :mjtf:

I mean you must LITERALLY never go outside or interact with other human beings to say something like this :mjtf:

Breh, kids these days have their faces buried in a phone. I never said they didn't listen music, but it ain't the same. Music used to be HUGE. It isn't a big deal anymore. That's even reflected in the sales. None of them are going out of their way to hear a new song even if it's an artist they like.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Breh, kids these days have their faces buried in a phone. I never said they didn't listen music, but it ain't the same. Music used to be HUGE. It isn't a big deal anymore. That's even reflected in the sales. None of them are going out of their way to hear a new song even if it's an artist they like.
Music is still huge, albums aren’t huge anymore

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Music is still huge, albums aren’t huge anymore

I'm talking about the overall excitement of hearing a new song. I don't really see that now and I'm not talking about me. It's a completely different energy towards music as if it's more so background noise than something people actually gravitate towards now. Like, if it's not some craze on Tiktok or has something of that nature connected to it, it's just there.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
These younger artists aren't skilled enough to rap about the violence and crime they do.

For comparison: In the NFL there was a QB who was being put on blast by commentators, fans, and players because he was getting his WRs killed when he threw to them over the middle. (If anyone remembers who it was please remind me, I need that name for a song) Now throwing over the middle is part of the game right? Yeah it is, but there's a certain way you must do it so you don't get your guy decapitated.

This young QB, I think he was a roo

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
We have rappers who don't have the level of skill required to speak on certain topics, speaking on those topics and they're getting civilians involved, hurt, locked up, and killed.

For comparison, in the NFL not long ago there was a young QB catching hell from commentators, fans, and players because he was getting his WRs killed. I can't remember who it was, if you do please remind me. It was a young guy who everyone was on his nuts at first until they noticed he was too inexperienced, but cocky and getting people hurt.

A commentator illustrated how a skilled QB throw a ball so that a WR can catch it and protect himself, while this guy had you all stretched out and open. So the point was: Sure anyone can throw a football, but it takes skill to throw it and not get people killed.

Sure anyone can rap and even rap about crime and violence. But it takes a certain level of skill to not get your fans locked up and corrupted. These young rappers have removed all the coding, all the Slang, they want to be as basic as possible. They've made it accessible to everyone.