I noticed this site has become VERY ANTI Hip Hop lately…

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can speak for my city and I’m sure in other cities it’s the same shyt just with their personalities, culture, and in their variation.

NYC teens looking at social media and YouTube consists of Buba100x, Upper Class, and Kai Cenat videos, recordings of local drill rappers Instagram lives, DJ Akademiks, NoJumper, gangster documentaries, OnTheRadar freestyles, Talk of the Town interviews, the CC Show, NY Reddit, YouTuber song reaction videos, sturdy drill dance routines, etc. When their heads are buried into their phones that’s what they’re looking at. Their phone usage revolves around “the culture” and their own social lives.

You don’t know what kids look at lol and yeah they do listen faithfully if their new rapper of the moment drops. These kids alone have made NBA YoungBoy one of the most commercially successful hip-hop artists of All-Time in just 5 years.

1.1M views with no deal in a week local rappers city kids are faithfully tuning in every drop…

Local drill rapper with no deal on a small independent platform 10M views in a year off a freestyle

Breh, no it's not. When teens are into their phones, they are viewing influencers,, which have more reach than these artists. I understand some artists are influencers too, but most of them are just regular people with a platform.

You have no clue what you are talking about and just typing what you think they are looking at. If someone is looking at their phone and no sound is coming out of it and they don't have any buds or ear pieces, they aren't listening to music or watching videos. They are browsing social media or just perusing the Internet.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Breh, no it's not. When teens are into their phones, they are viewing influencers,, which have more reach than these artists. I understand some artists are influencers too, but most of them are just regular people with a platform.

You have no clue what you are talking about and just typing what you think they are looking at. If someone is looking at their phone and no sound is coming out of it and they don't have any buds or ear pieces, they aren't listening to music or watching videos. They are browsing social media or just perusing the Internet.
Bro I broke down the NYC teen algorithm to a tee.

What influencers? Kai Cenat, Buba100x, Chris Too Smoove, DJ Akademiks are “influencers”.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro I broke down the NYC teen algorithm to a tee.

What influencers? Kai Cenat, Buba100x, Chris Too Smoove, DJ Akademiks are “influencers”.

That isn't typical of all NYC teens though. What I'm referring to is the type of content teens flock to in which their everyday life is influenced. Their body image and everything is connected to social media to the point where a teen will commit suicide because of it. They take selfies and post it and read the comments. If it's negative feedback, it could ruin them. Kids take part in challenges because it's trendy.

Social media is far bigger than music and entertainment. It's a drug in and of itself. Children are obsessed with it even when the media they are viewing had nothing to do with music.

• Dap
Reactions: ISO