I like Dr. Boyce but hes full of shyt sometimes

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly

And everybody practices group economics except us
every other group has had more direct access to resources to practice group economics, this cant be stressed enough. yvette just broke it down for you pretty well too.

people like boyce act like 5-10k can start you a viable business. meanwhile, other groups are starting their successful businesses with no less than 100k. they also tend to network to combine resources.

if it cost 400k to start a successful black grocery store in LA, how many of us know 4-5 other BM we could link up with to get it poppin>?

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just watched, I get what she's saying, but I feel like we still need to try to do what we can despite that
The truth is their both right imo. We will need everything possible to fix our problems: Entrepreneurs, Goverment intervention, education, a code of conduct,and I truly believe having at least one country in Africa get on solid footing that we can network with. Also, a whole bunch of luck and time.

BrandonBanks

Arab Money
Daps
every other group has had more direct access to resources to practice group economics, this cant be stressed enough. yvette just broke it down for you pretty well too.

I do agree with some of what she said, but I think Dr Anderson's Powernomics lays it out pretty well. A lot of ppl are unfamiliar with it though.

After hearing Yvette, I do get her point, but what does she and others think the solution is? Because once again, it comes off like "oh well theres nothing we can do". I do think right now we could do more than what we're doing. Not on the level of Asians but just improve on what we're doing. And yes I'm doing it before someone sarcastically asks me

BrandonBanks

Arab Money
Daps
The truth is their both right imo. We will need everything possible to fix our problems: Entrepreneurs, Goverment intervention, and I trully believe having at least one country in africa get on solid footing that we can network with. Also, a whole bunch of luck and time.

Definitely agree

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, he can be overly utopian a lot of the time, but its not as if the conditions he speaks of will ever come to fruition.
Most Black people aren't going to open up successful business, flood successful job markets with high levels of education, or invest heavily in burgeoning industries, regardless of how much he posts.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
but what does she and others think the solution is? Because once again, it comes off like "oh well theres nothing we can do".
this is where i begin to lean more on watkins side. yvette basically said ":yeshrug:" when it came to solutions. where as, boyce understands we need more law makers, judges, bankers, accountants, etc, before we can get to a realistic discussion on reparations.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
The truth is their both right imo. We will need everything possible to fix our problems: Entrepreneurs, Goverment intervention, education, a code of conduct,and I truly believe having at least one country in Africa get on solid footing that we can network with. Also, a whole bunch of luck and time.
Absolutely. you can't ignore either side. Boyce is saying what needs to be done to make a change and Cornell is explaining the situation of where we all are in this country, no sugarcoating it.

:salute: @DrX thanks for posting the debate to at least spark dialogue in people who might give a shyt.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I made threads on this and nikkas didn't understand.

I've said these black first guys are either ignorant of or avoiding the real solution bease as most people there scared..

I said you can't buy a man's foot out your ass. Well you can but he won't respect you and may decide to replace it at any time.

Until we hit the gym and get some getback we won't feel good about ourselves and cacs won't respect us. That's law of the jungle there.

How the fukk you gonna get your economics up in a economic system controlled by them lol?!

We need to identify our team. Then we need a home base. Then we form our Army. Then we procure our resources.

Anything else is playing inot the hands of white supremacy.
thats what it comes down too when u break it all the way down

money was just created to control, keep few in power over the masses....but the true power is physical dominance ....

they didnt create nikes because that shyt look fly, they got those shyts too keep a knee in anybody ass

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yvette is right, we don't have any fukking wealth and the idea that all blacks start businesses and practice is impossible. race aside, just from a pure capitalistic prospective. In order for capitalism, esp american capitalism to work, alot of people have to lose, so a few can win

People can say whatever they want, oh u need more education, oh u need skills, oh u need a better resume, naw mothafukka, alot of people were just born unlucky and they're going to live a long life of poverty and misery because of it .

Black people don't want to admit it, but were ALWAYS gonna be under white supremacy foot, it don't matter what u own, or how much u make...you're a slave..period!

America isn't a country for us, its a prison, your freedom is an illusion . Boyce knows this, but he have to make money, and he needs black people too believe that every one of them can run an successful business. I wouldn't call him a con man, I think he is largely sincere, but he also is a businessman and there's no such thing as honest business

-Capitalism is not a fair game. Like you said, people HAVE TO LOSE in order for the few at the top to really win. Unless you want to redistribute the wealth which despite what they say, capitalists are not going for.

-I believe in lost generations. Many families in this country black and white have lost generations which causes generational poverty.

-Facts. The only "freedom" we have is to move about the country. That's it. Be a tourist in your own homeland. Anything else you try to do or gain can be taken from you at will by any white person or entity without consequence. We have the "freedom" to run businesses because other communities eat off our debts. 90% of black owned businesses are created to provide a lifestyle for the owner only. We aren't starting multinational corporations and taking over industries like that.

Nothing wrong with being a capitalist (I'm one) but Boyce is full of bullshyt. By definition a capitalist is ruthless, selfish, and does not generally care for the well being of others.

• Dap
Reactions: DrX

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
-Capitalism is not a fair game. Like you said, people HAVE TO LOSE in order for the few at the top to really win. Unless you want to redistribute the wealth which despite what they say, capitalists are not going for.

-I believe in lost generations. Many families in this country black and white have lost generations which causes generational poverty.

-Facts. The only "freedom" we have is to move about the country. That's it. Be a tourist in your own homeland. Anything else you try to do or gain can be taken from you at will by any white person or entity without consequence. We have the "freedom" to run businesses because other communities eat off our debts. 90% of black owned businesses are created to provide a lifestyle for the owner only. We aren't starting multinational corporations and taking over industries like that.

Nothing wrong with being a capitalist (I'm one) but Boyce is full of bullshyt. By definition a capitalist is ruthless, selfish, and does not generally care for the well being of others.
exactly, he doesn't factor human nature, i said it in a earlier post.....because even if u do have blacks that start a whole bunch of businesses....what makes him think theyre going to be on some black love, hire my people shyt....what if they say "fukk this black shyt" and become money, power hungry capitalist like white capitalist....its not like white business owners give a fukk about white people ....

boyce is an intelligent man, and im 100% sure hes thought about all of this, but i think

1. he need blacks too believe this so he can make money...which i have no problem with, i rather ppl get indoctrinated with positive thoughts than negative
2. he knows the situation is bleak, and he just want people to keep hope alive, and its too complex to brake it down to them without them getting confused and discouraged, so he just say fukk it and tell them its all good to keep them pacified ...

Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Absolutely WRONG. Stop spreading disinformation :ufdup:
cap·i·tal·ism
ˈkapədlˌizəm/
noun
  1. an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I do agree with some of what she said, but I think Dr Anderson's Powernomics lays it out pretty well. A lot of ppl are unfamiliar with it though.

After hearing Yvette, I do get her point, but what does she and others think the solution is? Because once again, it comes off like "oh well theres nothing we can do". I do think right now we could do more than what we're doing. Not on the level of Asians but just improve on what we're doing. And yes I'm doing it before someone sarcastically asks me

Breh her solution STARTS with Boyce's position. The same shyt she's arguing against is actually whats gonna get her what she wants :mindblown:

We gonna need to get on code and build up our economy somewhat before we can even try to demand any reparations. shyt costs bread. Court fees and repeatedly filing, buying and building politicians to push for it, LOBBYING, etc.

Dr Claud is already trying to do what her dumb ass is whining about and she called him foolish :snoop: