I had no idea bikes were expensive

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Spent $150 on a hybrid bike from Walmart roughly 6 years ago. I've put well over 1000 miles on it and its still going strong, only issue I've had is a couple of flats. I just can't see myself paying more than $500 if I do decide to get a new bike.

It's :dwillhuh: to me that people get convinced into spending 1k+ on a bike.

Let’s put this in perspective. Any hobby these days will cost a lot of money (which is relative to the person). Video games, biking, fishing, hiking, canoeing, it all cost money. I was floored at the pricing of bikes too until I realized this. Then it made sense. If you are into something, you’ll put money down to enjoy your hobby.

this is a nice looking bike. my only probably with trek is that i think they build in china

my bike is very similar to this one.

cinelli-vigorelli-caleido-20105_7.jpg

Yeah I noticed on my Trek it was made in China. But whatever. I have a hybrid but in a year or so I might think to upgrade to a roadster. Those things whiz. Do you get any back pain when riding for a long time?

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
Yeah man. I want to get a bicycle. Not sure if I want a road bike or mountain bike.

I hear you can find used ones for cheap on facebook market, or on LetGo app.

Some good deals on Offer Up too. Depends what your looking for, by your description, I'd say a hybrid is your best bet

Typical Coli Nigga

#ADOS #BlackWomenStopDatingThugs
Daps
Reppin
#NoReparationsNoVote
Yeah I noticed on my Trek it was made in China. But whatever. I have a hybrid but in a year or so I might think to upgrade to a roadster. Those things whiz. Do you get any back pain when riding for a long time?

ahh ok, trek is still a good bike overall. the next bike i build while be a road. im fast on a fixed but the road/touring guys still smoke me :wow:

and nah, i did about 25 miles this weekend and it was gravy, but i also built it out according to what feels best for me

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
Bought a Specialized Hybrid Crossroads 3 years ago, has been a great bike. Spent $450 on it. I'd like to add a road bike one day but I'll probably go for a clean used one to keep the cost down

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
this is a nice looking bike. my only probably with trek is that i think they build in china

my bike is very similar to this one.

cinelli-vigorelli-caleido-20105_7.jpg
Most bike companies actually use the same manufacturer in China/taiwan (giant) even the high end pro models

My bike
12747890_1042484405817569_3438687694770619504_o.jpg

Fit my four part criteria when I bought.
Around 1k
Ultegra groupset
Steel
Gravel bike

Compliments and daps Everytime other riders peep it.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Let’s put this in perspective. Any hobby these days will cost a lot of money (which is relative to the person). Video games, biking, fishing, hiking, canoeing, it all cost money. I was floored at the pricing of bikes too until I realized this. Then it made sense. If you are into something, you’ll put money down to enjoy your hobby.

I get that, but calling it a hobby for some people is a stretch. I know people that went to bike shops and paid $800+ for a bike that they only ride a few times a year, and when they do ride they still struggle to keep up with me on my $150 bike. Now for people that are serious riders, I get it, but I think a lot of people convince themselves they are serious riders when they aren't. I'd bet 75% of non professional riders do not get the value out of the bike they purchased.

BigSteppa

Kawhi pack got me leanin
Daps
Go to your local barbershop and you'll get a five finger discount :lolbron:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some good deals on Offer Up too. Depends what your looking for, by your description, I'd say a hybrid is your best bet
My other concern is I'm 6'4.
I know theres a certain bike size I should get but I dont even know how to measure it.

I might need to go to a store

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I got a bike for 200 last summer..shyt ain't the best but it does its job...

but then again some ppl are bike enthusiasts and you spend on your hobby

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
I had a Macroeconomics professor tell the class how he was trying to convince his wife that spending $10K on his new bike was justified:deadmanny:
Ride it hard at least once a week for 10 years and it's just $20 a ride
:yeshrug:
Paying with credit card and he just spending $200-$300 per month