I had no idea bikes were expensive

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
U can still buy cheap ones
Expensive bikes are for fakkit ass cacs

:mjlol: at spending any more than $300 on a bike. It’s a fukking bicycle. Get a grip on reality.

Costco got got some good bikes for cheap, I got my eye on a fat bike myself
Are you mostly riding trails? Fatbikes suck on pavement.
You get what you pay for. A $300 bike is not the same as a $2000 bike.
well said. A quality mountainbike from the 90s is better than a modern bike from walmart.

My grandparents had Schwinn back in the day, so no not for cacs.
Scwhinn is not what itused to be. I bought one from walmart thinking I was balling poured about $200 into it thinking im the shyt. And had a catastrophic failure from the manufacturer. I then studied up on it. Bought a specialized rockhopper off Craig for a bill. Put about $500 into it amd now I have a decent entry level bike that feels like a couch on wheels.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Same thought OP

I’m thinking I’m going to get a good 10 speed bike for about $120 :blessed:

next thing I know the Walmart employee was like :gucci:10 speed sir?? 120 dollars sir:dwillhuh:

we all out of bikes and the cheapest we have is 300 dollars

I’m like :hubie: I’ll keep on walking everyday for 3 miles

Rep just off your Avi. Not many Kno about him

That dude is a legend :wow:

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
A buck fiddy @ Walmart 2 months ago..

Dual shocks with great traction. I'm good for now

20200425-151301.jpg
Wont last long. Your derailleur will probably fail first. Bend a rim amd you will spend the cost of the bike trying to replace it.

Last edited:

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I got a 600 Specialized mountain bike probably around 10 years ago.

I'm getting SMOKED in prospect park. Them road bikes are monsters. Less pedaling for more speed? :dwillhuh:

I'm a straight amateur so I don't even know how that shyt works.

I was thinking about upgrading but shyt I'm cheap and the bike is in great condition still.

Don't know how much more of this humble shyt I can stand though. Next year might be the time.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Wont last long. Your derailleur will probably fail first. Bend a rim amd you will spend the cost of the nike trying to replace it.
I'll take that chance Scrooge

Besides, I only ride on blacktop trails.

Zime

Superstar
Daps
Haven't rode a bike since I was 12 and that was 12 years ago. Was a good one as well and it cost less than £200

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I got a 600 Specialized mountain bike probably around 10 years ago.

I'm getting SMOKED in prospect park. Them road bikes are monsters. Less pedaling for more speed? :dwillhuh:

I'm a straight amateur so I don't even know how that shyt works.

I was thinking about upgrading but shyt I'm cheap and the bike is in great condition still.

Don't know how much more of this humble shyt I can stand though. Next year might be the time.

A good road bike is killer. I have a hybrid and I’m seeing road bikers zoom along with hardly an effort. I’m straining to go up a slight incline :russ:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh got got

$350 for tires and a brake change is rediculous even for an $8k bike
Never mind I read that all the way wrong . He talking about a bike I thought he was talking about a car in comparison to spending 1k for a bike :pachaha:

But shyt that do sound high for a bike​

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Yea I'm having the same realization right now.
I'm looking for a gravel bike with a shimano 105 groupset and the best deals i see are on bikes direct for like $1000
Specialized and Trek and all that shyt basically starts at $1000 for the corny Claris groupset bikes.
It's crazy how expensive this shyt is. I'm looking on FB marketplace and Craigslist too but it's mostly older bikes on there

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Spent $150 on a hybrid bike from Walmart roughly 6 years ago. I've put well over 1000 miles on it and its still going strong, only issue I've had is a couple of flats. I just can't see myself paying more than $500 if I do decide to get a new bike.

It's :dwillhuh: to me that people get convinced into spending 1k+ on a bike.