I had no idea bikes were expensive

invalid

Banned
Daps
3.5K they finessed your ass sans that brooks saddle but even that is questionable

brehs really paying for brands and still have a shyt bike :dead: 3.5 for a touring bike yes, not 3.5k for this townie “road” bike with a kickstand :mjlol:

is that frame at least vintage Italian or japanese handmade? edit: looked up heritage, american :mjlol:

Uh...yeah, I only buy american (or English) and wanted my bike assembled in my city.:rudy:

How do you say "sans brooks" but not realize all the other accoutrements you can add to a bike that will take the price up quickly? The saddle is not the only thing on that bike made by Brooks.

Heritage is a premier bike maker. And the bike that I have is a pretty substantial and sylish commuter bike.

It's no different from a Shinola Runwell, a Raleigh Tourist, or Vickers English Roadster which are all around the same price point. But you know that.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I haven't ridden a bike in 20 years, each time i think i should start again i can't get those messed up bike accidents stories out of my head. is there a helmet you guys can recommend for someone with a afro?

Last edited:

Typical Coli Nigga

#ADOS #BlackWomenStopDatingThugs
Daps
Reppin
#NoReparationsNoVote
Uh...yeah, I only buy american (or English) and wanted my bike assembled in my city.:rudy:

How do you say "sans brooks" but not realize all the other accoutrements you can add to a bike that will take the price up quickly? The saddle is not the only thing on that bike made by Brooks.

Heritage is a premier bike maker. And the bike that I have is a pretty substantial and sylish commuter bike.

It's no different from a Shinola Runwell, a Raleigh Tourist, or Vickers English Roadster which are all around the same price point. But you know that.
breh im looking on the website at one of the bikes and most of the components are cheap/not made in america. perhaps just the frame is made here and its not that great of quality. regular grade steel or chromoly. bike prob heavy as shyt lol

shinola, im assuming like heritage and just good at branding as 'american' made, but its still cheap components breh breh. raleigh is also shyt quality nowadays. you def over paid. the crank on those bikes is barely worth $50. wheels worth $100 at most as well.

im not a fan of brooks, but the saddle is the only thing on that bike actually prob worth what you paid :mjlol:

they coulda atleast through some philwood hubs on that bytch for 3.5k. paying that much for a bike of that quality is just to be able to say you paid that much for a bike and look like you know what youre talking about, but to anyone who knows bikes, theyd def know you got robbed. :mjlol:

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah man. I want to get a bicycle. Not sure if I want a road bike or mountain bike.

I hear you can find used ones for cheap on facebook market, or on LetGo app.

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
So I’m trying to get a decent bike and go riding on a bike trail. Haven’t had one since I was in middle school. I’m thinking couple of hundred bucks will do the trick :ehh:

Come to find out they’re over $1000 and some cost more than 5k :mindblown:

With that kind of money, you can put a down payment on ur favorite car. They tripping.

Breh I was thinking the same thing. All quarantined and shyt, a breh figured “I’ll cop a bicycle!”

Cheapest joints going for $400 :gucci: that was Dyno and Mongoose prices back in the day.

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
Wait until you see the prices of recumbent bikes and trikes. Or if you go all in with it: Velomobiles.

My recumbent trike cost around $1700.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol: at spending any more than $300 on a bike. It’s a fukking bicycle. Get a grip on reality.
A buck fiddy @ Walmart 2 months ago..

Dual shocks with great traction. I'm good for now

20200425-151301.jpg