I had no idea bikes were expensive

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
So I’m trying to get a decent bike and go riding on a bike trail. Haven’t had one since I was in middle school. I’m thinking couple of hundred bucks will do the trick :ehh:

Come to find out they’re over $1000 and some cost more than 5k :mindblown:

With that kind of money, you can put a down payment on ur favorite car. They tripping.

That cost is only if you are damn near semi professional biker doing races. If you just a casual rider, you don't need to pay like that really.

I had a job,where I would bike to work some days....when not to humid. My coworkers found out and mentioned it to the black secretary whose black husband was a major bike rider, doing races and training and shiit. I guess he assumed I was super into it like that, but when I explained I was just a casual rider he was like step your game up and get one of these $1,000 - $2,000 bikes...I was like :dahell:

douche

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watch this hypebeast CAC on youtube and him and his boy dove headfirst into bike riding. those cacs spend thousands on accessories and shyt. they also go on 40+ mile bike rides. crazy shyt. they both just moved to vegas from Denver and his homeboy tried that long ass bike ride shyt there and almost died.

I'm rambling.

ohitsteddy on youtube

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Same thought OP

I’m thinking I’m going to get a good 10 speed bike for about $120 :blessed:

next thing I know the Walmart employee was like :gucci:10 speed sir?? 120 dollars sir:dwillhuh:

we all out of bikes and the cheapest we have is 300 dollars

I’m like :hubie: I’ll keep on walking everyday for 3 miles

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Trust I paid about $600 for my vintage bike. It's a good bike but those $1000+ road bikes are no joke. Those bikes are really damn good and their worth the price so long as you live in a good cycling area. People using them bikes are usually travelling 15 miles+ with ease and at a good speed.

But if you're casually riding, doing 5 miles or whatever, you can get a decent vintage road bike for couple hundred

I need to learn how to repair and maintain a bike though, if someone could start a thread that would be dope as shyt

Typical Coli Nigga

#ADOS #BlackWomenStopDatingThugs
Daps
Reppin
#NoReparationsNoVote
i build/repair bikes in my spare time. im only riding hand made italian, handmade wheels as well. try for japanese and italian parts on my builds as much as possible

i do city rides and long distance as well. i also ride fixed to keep maintenance to a minimum and ensure the best thigh workout possible :wow:

It's a Heritage bike.
3.5K they finessed your ass sans that brooks saddle but even that is questionable

brehs really paying for brands and still have a shyt bike :dead: 3.5 for a touring bike yes, not 3.5k for this townie “road” bike with a kickstand :mjlol:

is that frame at least vintage Italian or japanese handmade? edit: looked up heritage, american :mjlol:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Same thought OP

I’m thinking I’m going to get a good 10 speed bike for about $120 :blessed:

next thing I know the Walmart employee was like :gucci:10 speed sir?? 120 dollars sir:dwillhuh:

we all out of bikes and the cheapest we have is 300 dollars

I’m like :hubie: I’ll keep on walking everyday for 3 miles

Stop being cheap. If you keep the bike for two years that's only $12.50/month and you'll travel at least five times more miles for the same duration of time. That's an investment.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I started looking into bikes I was just as shocked too. A friend let me borrow his cannondale road bike, it's made of aluminum with a carbon fiber fork, and I was amazed how light, smooth and fast it is. Probably cost him $1000+ but it seems well worth it.

I'll buy one soon but won't spend more than 1500.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
So I’m trying to get a decent bike and go riding on a bike trail. Haven’t had one since I was in middle school. I’m thinking couple of hundred bucks will do the trick :ehh:

Come to find out they’re over $1000 and some cost more than 5k :mindblown:

With that kind of money, you can put a down payment on ur favorite car. They tripping.