I finally watched The Amazing Spiderman an Edwardo made me forget about that gump Toby McGuire

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Serious question... when was the last time some of ya'll saw Spider-Man 1? If it's been more than a few years, I challenge you to go back and watch that bullshyt again. Fight coreography looks like something from the 80's. It's pure fuccing trash.

I tried watching it in 2011 or early 2012 and I couldn't get through it. I really really tried but it just doesn't hold up for me. Same with SM2 although I believe it holds up better than the first, it's still a tough sit for me now. The characterization seems so simple and pathetic, everything seems heightened to the point of silliness, and web slinging, while great for the time, pales in comparison to what can be done now. I mean look at this and compare it to the swinging in the first trilogy. And that's just 30 seconds worth. And does anyone know what the conflict was between Green Goblin and Spider Man?

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Serious question... when was the last time some of ya'll saw Spider-Man 1? If it's been more than a few years, I challenge you to go back and watch that bullshyt again. Fight coreography looks like something from the 80's. It's pure fuccing trash.
i saw this again last night breh and although i don think its complete trash the plot holes were huge that last fight was meh.... never quite realized how that love triangle made absolutely zero sense......
And does anyone know what the conflict was between Green Goblin and Spider Man?
goblin wanted peter to join him but peter refused and goblin caught feelings........

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i saw this again last night breh and although i don think its complete trash the plot holes were huge that last fight was meh.... never quite realized how that love triangle made absolutely zero sense......

goblin wanted peter to join him but peter refused and goblin caught feelings........

Exactly the point I was trying to make lol..it's silly. As opposed to taking a page from the comics and having Goblin wanting to take over NYC's underworld and become the boss of bosses, he merely wanted to get back at his board members and then....destroy NYC for some reason and wanted Peter to join him in...destroying NYC. Yeah, no thanks:scusthov:. If you're not going to have your villain have some kind of big scheme like "taking over the world" then have their small scheme have some good motivation. Lizard wasn't the greatest villain in Amazing, but at least his motivation was clear: He wanted to create a world without weakness, so that no one would have to go through the same thing he had to go through when it comes to a lost limb, and in his misguided way, he tried to do that. That's a clear cut goal and Spider man got in the way. Doc Ock in SM2 had a clear cut goal: Finish his experiment, which needed money and the experiment would potentially destroy NYC in the process so naturally, Spider man got involved.

Last edited:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
i didn't even think Amazing Spiderman was that good but i'd rather watch it again than any of Tobey's movies because he was fukkin horrible in them (i just dislike him in general, although he didn't annoy me in Gatsby to be fair to him)..i'd never watch any of them again due to him and Dunst..they ruined it and i don't even want to talk about the third.

as a youngin, barely even a teenager seeing Spiderman on the big screen was an event..but in no way would i go back to them.

kind of looking forward to see how Dehaan plays Harry.

Tobey played him as a bumbling loser fakkit. Like you.

:camby:

:deadmanny:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The Amazing Spider-Man was absolute trash and the sequel looks like absolute trash as well :camby:.

Spiderman 1, 2 and 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Amazing Spider-Man.

Tobey >>>>> Garfield.

Garfield has somehow managed to make the character totally unlikeable. Iron Man and Wolverine may be cocky and sometimes dikks but both are funny and likeable at the same time. The same cannot be said for Garfield's overly smug and grating Spider-Man who spits out corny and downright cringeworthy "jokes" that barely get an audible laugh in the cinema:camby:.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Amazing Spider-Man was absolute trash and the sequel looks like absolute trash as well :camby:.

Spiderman 1, 2 and 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Amazing Spider-Man.

Tobey >>>>> Garfield.

Garfield has somehow managed to make the character totally unlikeable. Iron Man and Wolverine may be cocky and sometimes dikks but both are funny and likeable at the same time. The same cannot be said for Garfield's overly smug and grating Spider-Man who spits out corny and downright cringeworthy "jokes" that barely get an audible laugh in the cinema:camby:.

:camby:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
that movie was absolute trash, I can't respect your opinion if you think that shyt was remotely good

epitome of corny

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Spiderman 2 is one of the GOATS...but If they Harry Potter this reboot and pull these other 5 films....this shyt will easily surpass the previous trilogy...

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
what about him usin his powers in front of mutiple witnesses and they all like :manny: and keep it movin for some reason....

this dude swingin around in broad daylight, accidentally shootin webs in a packed lunch room, back flippin over dudes heads, catchin punches one handed, sends bully flyin down the hall wit a single punch.... this dude enters a wrestling match in a spider-man suit, bein called spider-man, flippin around the cage shootin webs and shyt then walkin around backstage wit no mask....

in the new flick this dude sittin in the bleachers, catches a stray football without lookin, then throws the ball into the goalpost and bends the shyt....

everybody should know who this dude is by now......:snoop:

:russ: I have to watch it again but there was some other things that irked me as well. How about when he was in OScorp and just got access to that secure room lol.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Honestly, The Amazing Hipster Spider-Man is a movie that shouldn't have been made. Way too soon after the first two and only made so Sony could keep the rights to Spider-Man. And some of yall really got the nerve to claim The Lizard was a better villain than Goblin and Ock? :stopitslime: His whole origin was Green Goblin's if you really step back and look at it. That move was plot holes big enough you could drive a truck through them :heh:

This is exactly it, Spider-man is Sony's cash cow so they keeping on announcing new movies so they can hold on to the rights. In the long run it was a stupid decision to do by Marvel but during the time they signed that deal they were almost bankrupt so it was good for them to get some quick cash at the time.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
he said "there's only one who can stop us" when he was talkin to himself so his goal was to stop spider-man before spider-man could stop him....... :troll:

i was like:why: stop you from doing what??? hed already gotten revenge, he never had the cliche destroy nyc plot and every other crime he commited was solely to give spidey lectures.... the whole "we are who we choose to be" made no sense cause obviously spidey chose to be a hero already..... i watched last night and it seems he wanted a friend & his feelings was hurt by rejection or something.....

i just convinced myself his true plan was such an epic secret he decided he couldnt trust telling the audience what it was....

the other bad guys were cool to me but the goblin :snoop: