I finally watched The Amazing Spiderman an Edwardo made me forget about that gump Toby McGuire

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
To be fair in Amazing, his mask was pulled off by the lizard and in the other scene there was a narrative reason for him to take it of. It wasn't just for the hell of it. In the first three I have no idea why he took the masks off minus the one time where it was fried and potentially burning his face

True I only seen the new flick once at the theater when it first came out and saw bits and pieces of it on Starz at my Mom's crib when it came on. So i'll probably check it again before I see AS2.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
True I only seen the new flick once at the theater when it first came out and saw bits and pieces of it on Starz at my Mom's crib when it came on. So i'll probably check it again before I see AS2.

Yeah like I'm with you on his mask being on. Completely with you but at least in amazing they made it make sense as to why it came off the two times it did come off. I'd definitely check it out before 2 comes out because there are plot threads from that one that will be picked up in this one

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
I love you Bruce and I love what you've done for Gotham but I respectfully disagree with you, caped crusader. As far as spectacle goes? SM1 tops it easily because Marc Webb was going for a more intimate story and a different tone than SM1 which was needed in my opinion just to differentiate. But when it comes to the characters, I'll take Amazing all day everyday. Emma and Andrew have a better chemistry, Gwen is written a lot better than MJ was, you can tell there's a long form story that's set up and not just flying by the seat of their pants, and again, because I like his Spidey better I'm going to side with the flick
I'm not even Mad at that Breh.:yeshrug:

Do You.:salute:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
i have only seen TASM once and thats the only time i'll ever watch that trash again....way too dramatic, not even action at all and when they finally did fight it was basically just spidey running away.....say wat u will about tobey's spidey but he wasnt running from shyt in those movies, he went toe to toe with damn near all his villains.....i've nvr been a fan of spidey in the comics so them being "true" to his comic form does nothing for me....hopefully the next one is better but my hopes arent high since they decided to shy away from the gwen stacy death and marc webb still has yet to prove to me he can make a fight scene as good as raimi....webb is good at the lovey dovey shyt (500 days of summer is piff) but i havent been impressed with his action scenes so far :manny:

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah like I'm with you on his mask being on. Completely with you but at least in amazing they made it make sense as to why it came off the two times it did come off. I'd definitely check it out before 2 comes out because there are plot threads from that one that will be picked up in this one
I guarantee you they will find more "reasons" for his mask to come off in the next one too

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I guarantee you they will find more "reasons" for his mask to come off in the next one too

Yeah of course they will but I don't let the shyt bug me too much. I'm not going to crap on a movie for that. Even in the first three when it happened, it didn't bug me to the degree where I said "fukk this movie entirely" :yeshrug:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
if the rebooted sequel is better than the first spidey sequel.
then, we can make the global argument.
as of right now, though.....

petey and gwen >> peter and Chiclet teeth dunst as mj

art barr

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Both the original one and the reboot piss me off even though they are decent films they could be so much better. What irks me the most about the movies is the that Spider-Man is always taking his mask off and its looking like they are following the same exact formula doing it as well in the reboot. If he so concerned protecting his love ones as Peter claims he shouldn’t be seen without his mask off. It’s kind of ridiculous that in both movies (old/new) the whole New York has seen who he is in some major scenes.

what about him usin his powers in front of mutiple witnesses and they all like :manny: and keep it movin for some reason....

this dude swingin around in broad daylight, accidentally shootin webs in a packed lunch room, back flippin over dudes heads, catchin punches one handed, sends bully flyin down the hall wit a single punch.... this dude enters a wrestling match in a spider-man suit, bein called spider-man, flippin around the cage shootin webs and shyt then walkin around backstage wit no mask....

in the new flick this dude sittin in the bleachers, catches a stray football without lookin, then throws the ball into the goalpost and bends the shyt....

everybody should know who this dude is by now......:snoop:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Honestly, The Amazing Hipster Spider-Man is a movie that shouldn't have been made. Way too soon after the first two and only made so Sony could keep the rights to Spider-Man. And some of yall really got the nerve to claim The Lizard was a better villain than Goblin and Ock? :stopitslime: His whole origin was Green Goblin's if you really step back and look at it. That move was plot holes big enough you could drive a truck through them :heh:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Word? Share your thoughts breh. I've never seen anyone have an opposing view of him or the flick so I'm curious to hear a difference of opinion
i just saw doc as corny:yeshrug: didn't interest me as a villain and him, pete and his wife sitting down to dinner:beli:

thru the movies the only one who i found more :beli: had to be the sandman

{note:i don't read the comics so this is just from a movie watching pov}

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i just saw doc as corny:yeshrug: didn't interest me as a villain and him, pete and his wife sitting down to dinner:beli:

thru the movies the only one who i found more :beli: had to be the sandman

{note:i don't read the comics so this is just from a movie watching pov}

Ok fair enough breh. I didn't really like the route they took with Doc Ock making him the family man who turns evil but I understood thematically why they did it. Every villain in those three movies and even this new set of movies to a degree, is a reflection of Peter. So Ock, before he changed, showed Peter that he could have the life he wanted to have while focusing on a career in science, if only he didn't have to be Spider Man. That said, I thought when Alfred Molina transformed to Ock and played the bad guy for the rest of the movie, he was very on point. But the whole backstory? That's something they did for the movie, it's not in the comics. Sandman is a good villain, not great, but he got the short end of that stick in that movie, but there are so many issues with that movie to begin with. But I can definitely understand why someone wouldn't like SM2 that much. For me, it hasn't aged that well