I finally watched The Amazing Spiderman an Edwardo made me forget about that gump Toby McGuire

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
as i said though there are likeable douches ala Joker from full metal jacket
and unlikeable ones like newman from jurassic park.
he came off more like newman than joker to me.

Ok I see where you're coming from but I think that's because this version of Peter had a bigger chip on his shoulder. Tobey's version didn't have that whole orphan cloud hanging over his head and Andrew's does, so I'm sure it's not the easiest thing walking around with that burden and I think that came out in his portrayal. And when he was spider man initially, he wasn't trying to be a hero, he was out strictly for vengeance, plain and simple so he was going to be a bit of a douche anyway because he doesn't have the noblest of intentions, which I appreciated seeing that side of him. If it makes you feel any better though, Marc Webb said they got a room full of comedians together for this one and they all came up with witty lines for Spider Man to say so :ld:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Ok I see where you're coming from but I think that's because this version of Peter had a bigger chip on his shoulder. Tobey's version didn't have that whole orphan cloud hanging over his head and Andrew's does, so I'm sure it's not the easiest thing walking around with that burden and I think that came out in his portrayal. And when he was spider man initially, he wasn't trying to be a hero, he was out strictly for vengeance, plain and simple so he was going to be a bit of a douche anyway because he doesn't have the noblest of intentions, which I appreciated seeing that side of him. If it makes you feel any better though, Marc Webb said they got a room full of comedians together for this one and they all came up with witty lines for Spider Man to say so :ld:
:scusthov:
which comedians?
i hope they don't take it too far.
louis ck funny is good for spidey
but anthony jesilnik/tosh.0/aziz ansari funny might be where i start drawing the line on the douche angle.

imagine kevin hart doing spidermans jokes :ld:
then again maybe the little man lines would work we he is up against rhino :ld:
oh shyt they probably had jamie come with some ideas :deadmanny:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:scusthov:
which comedians?
i hope they don't take it too far.
louis ck funny is good for spidey
but anthony jesilnik/tosh.0/aziz ansari funny might be where i start drawing the line on the douche angle.

imagine kevin hart doing spidermans jokes :ld:
then again maybe the little man lines would work we he is up against rhino :ld:

He wouldn't say who but obviously they're going to pick guys who have that same type of humor. Kevin Hart doesn't fit that mold lol.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
for its time those spiderman movies were dope, and if it weren't for those spsiderman movies alot of super heroes movies would not be made, ish was basically the little mermaid of its time.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Nah, fam. I really don't know anybody in real life who prefers Tobey's booty ass 60s era Spider-Man, so we skrate :pachaha:
yea for some reason as soon as the new spidey was announced EVERYBODY hated tobey :heh:, shyt was absolutely hilarious....i didnt hear shyt when niccas was going to see spidey 1 & 2 multiple times at the theater but as soon as the 3rd one rubbed niccas wrong it was "fuk tobey and kirsten they were awful :pacspit:" lol.....i dont know anybody IRL that likes TASM more than spidey 1 or 2 tho :yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
for its time those spiderman movies were dope, and if it weren't for those spsiderman movies alot of super heroes movies would not be made, ish was basically the little mermaid of its time.

Word. It's like Batman in 89 or Superman in 79. There are aspects to all three movies, and I'll include X Men too, that are dated and seem :comeon: but they each set a benchmark. So while I respect the first Spider Man and still like aspects of it, much like how I feel about Spider Man 2, there are still things about it that don't resonate with me now and they didn't resonate with me then

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
yea for some reason as soon as the new spidey was announced EVERYBODY hated tobey :heh:, shyt was absolutely hilarious....i didnt hear shyt when niccas was going to see spidey 1 & 2 multiple times at the theater but as soon as the 3rd one rubbed niccas wrong it was "fuk tobey and kirsten they were awful :pacspit:" lol.....i dont know anybody IRL that likes TASM more than spidey 1 or 2 tho :yeshrug:
i noticed that too. nobody hated on tobey when the first two movie were out.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

And that's why I hate getting into arguments like this because I don't know a single person in my inner circle or just people I associate with who prefer spider man 1 or 2 to Amazing Spider Man. And that's coming from people who consider themselves comic book fans and people who are just fans of the movies. My girl LOVES Spider Man, and she was mad hesitant to see Amazing because of the new cast, new direction, etc but when she did, she was in love with it instantly. Everyone has their own taste but at the end of the day, we all love spider man

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Word. It's like Batman in 89 or Superman in 79. There are aspects to all three movies, and I'll include X Men too, that are dated and seem :comeon: but they each set a benchmark. So while I respect the first Spider Man and still like aspects of it, much like how I feel about Spider Man 2, there are still things about it that don't resonate with me now and they didn't resonate with me then

yup

look at the super hero movies of the 90s

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America_(1990_film)

getting 10 million dollar budgets :heh:

even teh first xmen had a budge of 75 mill and didn't gross that much

spiderman changed the game with a 140 million dollar budget and amaking 850 mill without spiderman there isnt no batman begins and its 150 million dollar budget

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i noticed that too. nobody hated on tobey when the first two movie were out.

I never fukked with him. I liked him well enough because he was all I had but he was always very Roger Moore to me in the sense that he gets stuff about the character right but the main things he needs to get right, he doesn't. The fact that his Spidey was a fukkin humorless mute is unforgivable to me

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
And that's why I hate getting into arguments like this because I don't know a single person in my inner circle or just people I associate with who prefer spider man 1 or 2 to Amazing Spider Man. And that's coming from people who consider themselves comic book fans and people who are just fans of the movies. My girl LOVES Spider Man, and she was mad hesitant to see Amazing because of the new cast, new direction, etc but when she did, she was in love with it instantly. Everyone has their own taste but at the end of the day, we all love spider man
well there ya go...most of the ppl i run with dont fuk with spidey in the comics and like me they were highly disappointed in the action scenes....the only person i know that really liked it was my sister in law and her main reason was "because of the drama" and that about sums up why i dont fuk with that movie :heh:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Ya know, I don't either. I like TASM about as much as the first one tho for real. Its not touching the 2nd tho, at least when talking the fights. I own the first 2 movies and had to watch them again recently. The fights in Spidey 2 were just so goddamn dirty, and the train scene is still one of if not the best fight scene in a superhero movie, IMO. Its just some hard hitting fukkery. Doc tossing passengers off the motherfukker like loose change not giving a fukk. Goddamn, that was dirty. The fights in that movie were DEFINITELY more memorable than in TASM. But I've never fukked with Tobey personally. He just looks like a bytch, and he played Spidey how I imagine he actually is in real life.

And from the clips they've shown us of this shyt, and specifically the one with Peter zipping away from Electro, looks like they might be comin for that top fight title.

Garfield > Mcfakkit doe

:yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
well there ya go...most of the ppl i run with dont fuk with spidey in the comics and like me they were highly disappointed in the action scenes....the only person i know that really liked it was my sister in law and her main reason was "because of the drama" and that about sums up why i dont fuk with that movie :heh:

But I also said people who don't fukk with the comics. My girl doesn't read spider man comics at all my dude but she loved it. A guy from my job, and I've known him for all of 5 min, saw the spider man poster hanging up in my cube and said he loved amazing spider man and so did his little son and he said it was much better than the previous ones and he doesn't read comics nor does his son.

And as far as the drama scenes, IMO, those are always the best parts of a spider man film or a spider man comic. Stan Lee said that Spider Man was always a soap opera and every once in a while, a fight would break out, but that's how he wrote it. The best spider man stories are about Peter Parker and the crap he deals with. Webb said he embraced the action and the epic quality of spider man for the sequel so there should be a better balance of the two dynamics but I hope he doesn't sacrifice one for the other