I finally watched The Amazing Spiderman an Edwardo made me forget about that gump Toby McGuire

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude when's the last time you've read Spider Man? Peter IS cocky, he is full of himself at times. All of that stuff comes out when he's spider man and Andrew played Peter/Spider Man with the perfect balance of introspection, humility and cockiness. Peter is redefined for every generation and the Peter in the comics now isn't the same as the Peter in the comics during the 60s. Peter in Ultimate Spider Man isn't the same as Peter from 616. Peter in the movies and in comics is just like James Bond in the sense that he will always be defined by the time he's in. Toby played Spider Man as a joyless, humorless mute who only mustered a quip every now and then and when he did, they were terrible quips at that. And his Peter never showed any growth. By the time Peter got to college, he had come out of his shell and was less of an outcast and just still in his own head because of the secret he was keeping but he was no longer the shy meek 17 year old. Toby's Peter in SM2 is exactly the same as his Peter in SM1 which shouldn't be the case. And in SM3, he was still the same guy which also shouldn't have been the case.

Exactly.

When he's Peter Parker, he's usually shy and reserved (except when he's in the lab where he feels comfortable / confident). Once he puts the suit on, he becomes cocky as hell.

Spider Man 2 was saved by Doc Ock, period. Tobey in those movies was pure asswater. The reboot is sooooo much better, it's not even comparable.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Exactly.

When he's Peter Parker, he's usually shy and reserved (except when he's in the lab where he feels comfortable / confident). Once he puts the suit on, he becomes cocky as hell.

Spider Man 2 was saved by Doc Ock, period. Tobey in those movies was pure asswater. The reboot is sooooo much better, it's not even comparable.

I'd even argue that now, there's less of a difference between Peter and Spider Man but that's because Pete is older now so he's more comfortable with who he is so he's not the shy meek guy he used to be when he was in freaking high school. He's a grown ass man at this point. So now Andrew's version of Peter still has the shyness and the meekness as it's clearly on display as Peter but once he put on that costume, the smart ass came out as it's SUPPOSED to. In the sequel he's ready to become a college freshman so he's not going to be the shy meek guy anymore, he's grown up as he should. Tobey never got that part of the character and never seemed comfortable portraying that part of the character

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
I'm sorry but you guys MUST be retarded. Andrew Garfield is such a shytty spiderman its sad. He's too overly cocky, Tobey Mcguire played Spiderman perfectly. Peter Parker is not supposed to be someone wannabe hipster douchebag that rides a skateboard WTF
So all these years Spider-man fighting straight killers while cracking jokes WASN'T him being cocky?
And him riding a skateboard makes him a douche and a hipster? White boys with no money been doing that way before that term was ever invented

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I'm sorry but you guys MUST be retarded. Andrew Garfield is such a shytty spiderman its sad. He's too overly cocky, Tobey Mcguire played Spiderman perfectly. Peter Parker is not supposed to be someone wannabe hipster douchebag that rides a skateboard WTF
Shut the fukk up. Tobey's Spider-Man was fukking Clark Kent. Peter Parker isn't a loser. He's a bit of a nerd. But he isn't a fukking loser. He pulls SUPERMODELS. Breh bangs the baddest bytches this side of Tony Stark. Is THAT the vibe you got from Tobey's spidey? :usure:

Tobey played him as a bumbling loser fakkit. Like you.

:camby:

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
Shut the fukk up. Tobey's Spider-Man was fukking Clark Kent. Peter Parker isn't a loser. He's a bit of a nerd. But he isn't a fukking loser. He pulls SUPERMODELS. Breh bangs the baddest bytches this side of Tony Stark. Is THAT the vibe you got from Tobey's spidey? :usure:

:mjlol:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

:damn::deadrose:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

If you think about it, the initial trilogy drew so much influence from the first three Superman flicks....the way Tobey would run and open up his shirt and reveal the spider logo and suit, his portrayal of Spider Man and Peter Parker which was much more Clark Kent than Peter Parker, him giving up his powers for love in the 2nd and him confronting his dark side in the 3rd. And yeah Peter was married to an actress/supermodel, Gwen Stacy was bad, Black Cat is bad and any other chick he's been with has been bad. He's not a loser...bit of a nerd and outcast yeah of course but that's because he's in his own head, not because of personality defect. I swear dudes don't understand this character

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ur not the only one. andrew did not do a good job first time out, imo.

anything with him, gwen and her fam, or pete and may? that was money.

not surprising, given it's marc webb at the helm.

but the pete/spidey elements were meh. at best.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
lmao.. tobey series was cheeks now? smh.. idk why the nerd narrative has flipped on that series over the years..the first 2 were awesome. 3 was buns i'll give you that but the first 2 are undeniable.. The amazing spiderman was so ass. that lizard was pathetic. and 2 is lookin even worse

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Both the original one and the reboot piss me off even though they are decent films they could be so much better. What irks me the most about the movies is the that Spider-Man is always taking his mask off and its looking like they are following the same exact formula doing it as well in the reboot. If he so concerned protecting his love ones as Peter claims he shouldn’t be seen without his mask off. It’s kind of ridiculous that in both movies (old/new) the whole New York has seen who he is in some major scenes.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Both the original one and the reboot piss me off even though they are decent films they could be so much better. What irks me the most about the movies is the that Spider-Man is always taking his mask off and its looking like they are following the same exact formula doing it as well in the reboot. If he so concerned protecting his love ones as Peter claims he shouldn’t be seen without his mask off. It’s kind of ridiculous that in both movies (old/new) the whole New York has seen who he is in some major scenes.

To be fair in Amazing, his mask was pulled off by the lizard and in the other scene there was a narrative reason for him to take it of. It wasn't just for the hell of it. In the first three I have no idea why he took the masks off minus the one time where it was fried and potentially burning his face