I f*cking hate my job!!!!! (Life rant)

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It pays terribly...(sometimes I'm lucky if I make over a $100 a week)
I never get any hours (I work at max 3 days a week)
I hate dealing with people (especially these weirdo ass euro tourists and self-entitled white people...the worst)

Did I really spend all this time in college to do this shyt!? To SERVE FROZEN YOGURT!!!????

I'll talk later but I'm pissed cause I already spent my measly f*cking paycheck a couple of days ago and now I gotta ride my roommates bike to work.

F*ck America! And f*ck the 4th of July!!!

sometimes I'm lucky if I make over a $100 a week..........:dwillhuh:

damn fam....u need to quit that and atleast get a retail job or fastfood and get more hrs

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
I like NY cause I don't feel like a token and out of place everywhere I go as a Nigerian and West Indian.

In Pittsburgh..that (besides being black) is like a damn death sentence. Women dont fukk with you. White people don't fukk with you. Black people don't fukk with you. Confederate flags everywhere...that city made me angry as a motherfukker. People on SOHH will remember Inever had anything good to say about it.

Plus I figured with all the stuff I was into (art, fashion, making clothes, making music, DJing, graphic design, blogging, web design, etc) and the skills I already have topped with my experience in the work field I'd have a better chance of success here.

I like it. I have a GF now...I have friends...I'm somewhat successful here. Plus this is the sum whole of a dream I set out for 10 years ago...

I know you don't want to hear this my G cause NYC is like heaven for Nikkaz like you ( and me)....

But you gonna have to bounce eventually bruh. I lived in NYC for 10 years breh and for the last 3 I was FUKKED kinda like you.

I lost my job at Internet/Media Company due to downsizing. And couldn't get hired ANYWHERE else cause it was the height of the recession and EVERY firm was cutting back. NOBODY was getting hired my G.

I even had to hit my fam up a couple times to pay rent. Even with all that, the LAST thing I wanted to do was leave NYC, that shyt was home to me. And I felt like my speed of people existed there.

But eventually I couldn't do it anymore breh. That struggle ain't cool and it's only so long Nikkas can survive off Raman.And pops is gonna get sick of paying your rent breh. Even a decent job in NY is still a struggle job if you ain't got no family.

I moved back home to moms crib in a city that I too HATED, and got on my grind working and saving bread while sending out applications nation/worldwide to any job that I was interested in. Eventually I saved up enough money and moved to Austin, TX and got a gig at a Internet/tech firm and eventually left that for a gig in Vancouver, Canada ( one of the dopest cities in North America).

Man leaving NY was one of the best things I ever did.

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Parental supplements. Yes. I'm not proud of it. My rent is 850 and my dad's been paying it.

fukk it...you asked...I'm not proud of it. But you asked...and I answered. Hopefully when I find a better job that pays more I won't have to go this route.

It was either here or stay in racist ass Pittsburgh (where I'm from...born and raised) where black men can't even find jobs above a blue collar level and black professionals are a rare breed. I'd rather die than live there...
im in buffalo underemployed with a degree....so i understand, myc is a competitive place....u should try texas or atl...or other professional black places

Daps
Reppin
VOID
im in buffalo underemployed with a degree....so i understand, myc is a competitive place....u should try texas or atl...or other professional black places

Texas?:sadcam:I don't wanna live in no f*cking racist cracker ass state.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
I know you don't want to hear this my G cause NYC is like heaven for Nikkaz like you ( and me)....

But you gonna have to bounce eventually bruh. I lived in NYC for 10 years breh and for the last 3 I was FUKKED kinda like you.

I lost my job at Internet/Media Company due to downsizing. And couldn't get hired ANYWHERE else cause it was the height of the recession and EVERY firm was cutting back. NOBODY was getting hired my G.

I even had to hit my fam up a couple times to pay rent. Even with all that, the LAST thing I wanted to do was leave NYC, that shyt was home to me. And I felt like my speed of people existed there.

But eventually I couldn't do it anymore breh. That struggle ain't cool and it's only so long Nikkas can survive off Raman.And pops is gonna get sick of paying your rent breh. Even a decent job in NY is still a struggle job if you ain't got no family.

I moved back home to moms crib in a city that I too HATED, and got on my grind working and saving bread while sending out applications nation/worldwide to any job that I was interested in. Eventually I saved up enough money and moved to Austin, TX and got a gig at a Internet/tech firm and eventually left that for a gig in Vancouver, Canada ( one of the dopest cities in North America).

Man leaving NY was one of the best things I ever did.

I'm trying to be out by 2016.

I just f*cking hate this country...

I'm in a place where I finally fit in and I just want things to go right.

Everywhere else I was the odd man out and it made me hate my life.

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Texas?:sadcam:I don't wanna live in no f*cking racist cracker ass state.
u dont understand, many northern blacks think this but they got many middle class black communities

i feel u about PB, i feel the exact same about buffalo, i plan on moving to houston atl or ny this yr

Daps
Reppin
VOID
u dont understand, many northern blacks think this but they got many middle class black communities

i feel u about PB, i feel the exact same about buffalo, i plan on moving to houston atl or ny this yr

Are there west indians and africans there though (Nigerians especially)? I like the fact that I don't feel alone in that regard...

There really aren't that many places in this country where there's a good mix of AAs, Africans, and West Indians and that's disheartening IMO.

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are there west indians and africans there though (Nigerians especially)? I like the fact that I don't feel alone in that regard...

There really aren't that many places in this country where there's a good mix of AAs, Africans, and West Indians and that's disheartening IMO.
idts............i know florida def have a strong mix tho

but the thing about AAs is..........we see black as black....so u dont gotta worry about getting the :mjpls: treatment

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
As someone coming from making $70/week working as a stock boy to going to a trade in my current position. You're going to have to kill that pride or learn how to get over your bad memories and move back in with your parents to create some better options.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
idts............i know florida def have a strong mix tho

but the thing about AAs is..........we see black as black....so u dont gotta worry about getting the :mjpls: treatment

I like it here though...I'll struggle til I make something and then I'll be out in 2016.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
As someone coming from making $70/week working as a stock boy to going to a trade in my current position. You're going to have to kill that pride or learn how to get over your bad memories and move back in with your parents to create some better options.

They don't want my ass back home. And there ain't no opportunities or jobs in Pittsburgh...hence the reason I left for greener pastures out here.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
I'm trying to be out by 2016.

I just f*cking hate this country...

I'm in a place where I finally fit in and I just want things to go right.

Everywhere else I was the odd man out and it made me hate my life.

I feel your selling other places short, which NYC tends to do to people.

Austin got tech jobs, best music scene in the country, and bad broads that go to or graduated from UT.
And the cost of living if you have a decent job is :ahh:

Almost everybody I know from NY that moved likes it better.

Whether it's Texas, Atlanta, Chicago, Portland ect....

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Have you ever talked to your parents about it? What about other family members?

I don't talk to my family that much honestly...except when I need to (cause I care for them and love them dearly). I've spent the past decade in school trying to chase this degree that I thought would mean something and I knew I could hustle and find something cause I had skills and talent. Now I'm away from that...and trying to do it out here.

But considering the fights and arguments we had when I lived back home for a couple of months before I lived in NYC (I moved back cause I got evicted from my apartment)...I know I'm better on my own living my own life and doing my own thing.

Pittsburgh is depressing. When I lived there I honestly wanted to commit suicide...no joke. I felt alone like my life was over. No friends cause they all moved away...no decent job prospects...nothing to live for. All I did was drive my car my parents bought me and smoked weed. What kind of life is that? Atleast I'm trying to make something out of myself here and my folks are happy for me. I'm actually in a relationship now with a woman I really care for...for the first time in almost 6 years.

I'm happy here...my family is happy that I'm happy here. My older sister lives at home cause she never tried to make a living for herself whereas I've been trying to do that for the past 10+ years...people don't get it cause I rarely talk about it.