I f*cking hate my job!!!!! (Life rant)

Daps
Reppin
VOID
that's great that you have so many options breh

if I was you, I would pick one or two of them and really hustle to make stuff happen

I'd probably get back into radio in any capacity (even for free at first) and network and explore your potential

then I would beg, borrow or steal to get your yoga teaching licence work with

I might even pursue a side business with fashion / clothing (with help if you need it)

that's me though

what should be YOUR plan breh?

I figure I might as well utilize every single option I can...especialy considering I live in a city where the opportunities are endless.

My number one fear is going back to Pittsburgh knowing I never tried or failed...and having that big "what if" and those "coulda/shoulda/woulda" moments hanging over my head.

Kid Coli

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I figure I might as well utilize every single option I can...especialy considering I live in a city where the opportunities are endless.

My number one fear is going back to Pittsburgh knowing I never tried or failed...and having that big "what if" and those "coulda/shoulda/woulda" moments hanging over my head.

all good breh

make a solid plan and make it happen

I believe success awaits you, if you work smart and hard enough

good luck brother

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Are there west indians and africans there though (Nigerians especially)? I like the fact that I don't feel alone in that regard...

There really aren't that many places in this country where there's a good mix of AAs, Africans, and West Indians and that's disheartening IMO.

nikka, there is an enormous Nigerian community in Houston. Houston is the most diverse city in the nation. You need to ask somebody...

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Once you realize the only person you should depend on is you...the world opens up.

Your job, and nobody else owes you anything. Its up to you to make your way.
How much time do you spend sharpening your skills? Learning new things? Reading? Networking? Getting out of your comfort zone etc...

Folks love to complain....but when I hit them w/ those questions I always get a blank stare.

Im always amazed at all the free time broke people have...every weekend the streets become littered with people living paycheck to paycheck drinking their money away in bars...and then want to say "fukk America".

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Once you realize the only person you should depend on is you...the world opens up.

Your job, and nobody else owes you anything. Its up to you to make your way.
How much time do you spend sharpening your skills? Learning new things? Reading? Networking? Getting out of your comfort zone etc...

Folks love to complain....but when I hit them w/ those questions I always get a blank stare.

Im always amazed at all the free time broke people have...every weekend the streets become littered with people living paycheck to paycheck drinking their money away in bars...and then want to say "fukk America".

My nikka I'm about to be 30...I do the bolded everyday son...I thank the internet and this board for teaching me something new everyday.

Part of my NYC experience has been making new connections...and going outside of my comfort zone. I've made alot of friends and acquaintances because of this.

And you're not telling me anything new. I've been done known this. The real world ain't no joke.

I guess we can't vent on the coli simply because somebody like yourself is going to hit them with the obvious...right? Thus defeating the point of having a DISCUSSION BOARD! LOL!.

Nah...nothing against you my g..I'm playing...IM JUST SAYING!

The thing I hate about discussion boards like this one is people ASSUME too much...they think they can figure out what a person is about from some posts....and don't have the time nor dedication to further divulge about someone's character and don't even bother to try (as evident from the first couple of pages of this thread)...but then again, you can only do so much from a board like the coli.

Again...I'm just saying! LMFAO.

LA Fisher

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Outside @lovelydays window

Lord willing, you'll live another 50 years. Just slow down and think things through. You already know what works and what doesn't work now. You'll do better your second time around breh. :hug:

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Real spit my dude,leave Nyc for a while.
If u dont want to move all the way to Tx thats your choice.
Look for jobs closer to New York,focusing on unskilled work thats always poppin',light industrial,warehouse,assembly etc.
Doing what u love is cool but a man in your position should be more worried bout making at least 400-500 a week after taxes.
Time waits fr no man,100 a week is some borderline inmate,license plate shyt
If u cant find a job near Nyc..look further.
In a lotta States ucan find a job within a week,as long you are clean,willing to work,no felonies..u will get hired.
fukk pride..pride wont pay bills.
Look for jobs everywhere,talk to temp agency recruiters in other States,they will give u time to relocate.
Your pops shelling out 850 a month for rent?
Talk to him,ask him to loan u a stack or 2 for expenses.
Leave most of your stuff at his crib,pack light and bounce.
Once you're in a different State,get a cheap weekly room and go from there.
In Tx u can find something in a few days..and there are probably more Nigerians in Houston than NYC
In a few weeks u should be able to get your own apartment
U can do it breh

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
my nikka you need a straight point a to b side hustle. nobody in the city should be soley living of 100 a week. i don't even know how you do it. find a hustle and then get another job.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
just caught up w/ the thread
My nikka I'm about to be 30...I do the bolded everyday son...thanks the internet for teaching me something new everyday.

Part of my NYC experience has been making new connections...and going outside of my comfort zone. I've made alot of friends and acquaintances because of this.

And you're not telling me anything new. I've been done known this. The real world ain't no joke.

I guess we can't vent on the coli simply because somebody like yourself is going to hit them with the obvious...right? Thus defeating the point od having a DISCUSSION BOARD! LOL!.

Nah...nothing against you my g..I'm playing...IM JUST SAYING!

The thing I hate about discussion boards like this one is people ASSUME too much...they think they can figure out what a person is about from some posts....and don't have the time nor dedication to further divulge about someone's character...but then again, you can only do so much from a board like the coli.

Again...I'm just saying! LMFAO.
bruh...im not assuming anything...you said it all.

You are 30, your dad pays your rent, and you work in a yogurt shop....
...everything else you say is an excuse. What kind of people are you fukking w/? Are they at a place in life you want to be? What are your goals? Have you wrote them down?
...I just turned 32 a few days ago...
...two years ago up and quit my job because I was sick of this shyt....and made a decision to change...I realized that I had to take responsibility for my own life.
I stopped fukking w/ the people I was with before because they were on some average shyt...
...I started reading and bettering myself....
...I started putting things in action (the most important part).

Your original post is more than a vent...if you are just venting you would have told us what you were doing to get out of it.
What is your plan?

It sounds like you got caught up in that night life...having fun, friends, and living in NYC....I get it...
...but its not about a damn thing. I bet a lot of your friends are white kids that have fall back plans...your black ass doesnt have that option.

btw...you sound like you have some low self esteem.
All this "I felt weird in Pittsburgh being black and Nigerian" sounds like some fukk boy shyt.
How are your parents surviving there and able to pay for their adult child?

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Real spit my dude,leave Nyc for a while.
If u dont want to move all the way to Tx thats your choice.
Look for jobs closer to New York,focusing on unskilled work thats always poppin',light industrial,warehouse,assembly etc.
Doing what u love is cool but a man in your position should be more worried bout making at least 400-500 a week after taxes.
Time waits fr no man,100 a week is some borderline inmate,license plate shyt
If u cant find a job near Nyc..look further.
In a lotta States ucan find a job within a week,as long you are clean,willing to work,no felonies..u will get hired.
fukk pride..pride wont pay bills.
Look for jobs everywhere,talk to temp agency recruiters in other States,they will give u time to relocate.
Your pops shelling out 850 a month for rent?
Talk to him,ask him to loan u a stack or 2 for expenses.
Leave most of your stuff at his crib,pack light and bounce.
Once you're in a different State,get a cheap weekly room and go from there.
In Tx u can find something in a few days..and there are probably more Nigerians in Houston than NYC
In a few weeks u should be able to get your own apartment
U can do it breh

Thanks for the advice...but I don't feel like leaving just yet (I'm trying to leave in 2016). It's my life. I can't just pack up and leave when I already have so many obligations and stuff here..

That's what I don't get about this type of thing...it's not that simple.

But yes..I am trying to find better work.

And straight up and down...I'M NOT TRYING TO fukkING LIVE IN GODDAMN TEXAS!

thanks for the advice though...appreciated.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Thanks for the advice...but I don't feel like leaving just yet (I'm trying to leave in 2016). It's my life. I can't just pack up and leave when I already have so many obligations and stuff here..

That's what I don't get about this type of thing...it's not that simple.

But yes..I am trying to find better work.

And straight up and down...I'M NOT TRYING TO fukkING LIVE IN GODDAMN TEXAS!

thanks for the advice though...appreciated.
Hey if something is stopping u from moving I can dig it.
Reading your posts,i got the impression it was only u in New York.
If u got obligations then its a differet story

And I dont know what u have heard bout Texas,but someone lied to u.
I can guarantee u Houston,Dallas,Austin and even San Antonio are 100 times better than Pittsburg and 80% of all other cities in US as far quality of life goes.

I wish u all the luck whoadie

Daps
Reppin
VOID
just caught up w/ the thread

bruh...im not assuming anything...you said it all.

You are 30, your dad pays your rent, and you work in a yogurt shop....
...everything else you say is an excuse. What kind of people are you fukking w/? Are they at a place in life you want to be? What are your goals? Have you wrote them down?

So, I try to explain myself...make myself heard...and it all comes off as excuses to you..dear lord what's the point if you're going to do this and reduce every response I make as an "excuse"? THE COLI.:snoop: I feel sometimes I might as well not explain myself cause I could rationally and explicitly state every minute detail in my life right now and it would still come off as an "excuse". This term is too broad on here.

I don't hang out with "troublemakers" or "riff raff" or "hoodlums" or "thugs" and I come from a relatively cushy upper/middle class background. If you were trying to insinuate this..I don't know. That's on you. Most of my peers are college graduates from high school. Most of my current friends are people from the neighborhood I vibe well with.

As well..why am I almost 30 and living this life? Cause I spent the past decade in college (technically three colleges...cause I hated the first school I went to from 2002-2004, transferred credits from that to community college and did that for a year...transferred to Pitt in 2005...did bad my first year at Pitt...went to community college again for a year to get my credits and GPA back in good standing from 2006-2007...reenrolled back in Pitt in 2007... Took a semester off in fall of 2009....reenrolled back in 2010...had an incident I really don't care to discuss on this board where I had to spend a week in Western Psych and had to withdraw for the semester...then I took the initiative to get myself back in shape (I had to take medication which made me gain 60 lbs)..so I decided to finish up the little credits I had in 2011...signed up for mad PE classes, signed up for yoga...and graduated in 2012 in the best shape of my life.

So there...sorry...but I had to explain myself. It's not that simple.

And yes...I wrote down my plans in my little blue book I carry around with me on the train. I don't feel like getting into it here...cause I respect my privacy and my right to it. I've had the same set of goals for the past decade.

...I just turned 32 a few days ago...
...two years ago up and quit my job because I was sick of this shyt....and made a decision to change...I realized that I had to take responsibility for my own life.
I stopped fukking w/ the people I was with before because they were on some average shyt...
...I started reading and bettering myself....
...I started putting things in action (the most important part).

Your original post is more than a vent...if you are just venting you would have told us what you were doing to get out of it.
What is your plan?

I feel ya...I went through the same thing...as I discussed previously.

I'm trying to save $2500-$5000 for starters.
I'm trying to find a better job.
I'm trying to get start up money for my brand so I can properly promote it cause having a couple of sample pieces aint gonna cut it. I need to get a proper lookbook going...and I can promote it through my blog.
My main goal is having a primary source of income (a nice career that yields a good five figures would be nice) and doing the side hustle...to supplement it.

It sounds like you got caught up in that night life...having fun, friends, and living in NYC....I get it...
...but its not about a damn thing. I bet a lot of your friends are white kids that have fall back plans...your black ass doesnt have that option.
Yea...I did...having fun...getting caught up.
But no. Most of my friends are black and spanish breh. Please stop assuming cause it's really disrespectful. You don't know me or my life breh... You know what they say assumptions...:comeon:

btw...you sound like you have some low self esteem.
All this "I felt weird in Pittsburgh being black and Nigerian" sounds like some fukk boy shyt.
How are your parents surviving there and able to pay for their adult child?

More assumptions on your part. And how do you have the audacity to try to give me advice and sneak diss me in the same vein?:skip::leostare::beli:where they do that at my nikka (actually you called me for no reason whatsoever unprovoked a "fukk boy"..so you ain't my nikka...)

You don't know what it's like in Pittsburgh...especially as a first generation Nigerian/West Indian...it can be polarizing and isolating...

And my parents...what they do for a living...is none of your gotdamn business.:jawalrus:I've already said way too much and I feel I've already breached my privacy.

I'm trying to politic with fam...but honestly...when you do and say stuff like this...it's hard as hell for me to take you seriously. Especially when it comes of as completely disrespectful ad you act like I'm just supposed to accept it. You either have advice...or don't.

I would never give you advice and diss you in the same vein. Cause I show respect for people...:obama:see how that works?

You don't. end of discussion. I appreciate you trying and I appreciate the dialogue...but I don't tolerate nor appreciate that type of shyt. And I don't have to...