I f*cking hate my job!!!!! (Life rant)

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Hey if something is stopping u from moving I can dig it.
Reading your posts,i got the impression it was only u in New York.
If u got obligations then its a differet story

And I dont know what u have heard bout Texas,but someone lied to u.
I can guarantee u Houston,Dallas,Austin and even San Antonio are 100 times better than Pittsburg and 80% of all other cities in US as far quality of life goes.

I wish u all the luck whoadie

Thanks.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
my nikka you need a straight point a to b side hustle. nobody in the city should be soley living of 100 a week. i don't even know how you do it. find a hustle and then get another job.

Word...I'm trying to do that. Just as long as it's legal. I'm not trying to get caught up and become yet another black man in the system...that's what they want.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
BTW...I must apologize for coming off like I was making "excuses"...that's not me. I don't make excuses...I put things in action and I work for mine. I know how blatantly judgemental people on this board are of people they've never met in real life to the point you can't even shoot the shyt and discuss pressing issues and find solutions without someone trying to downtalk you and treat you like a little kid. No one will ever give anyone the chance to explain themselves cause they don't want to hear it and act like they know it all without trying to hear the other side of the story...

I don't even know what the point of trying to explain this. This job I have now..I kick ass at. Even though it sucks and the pay is terrible...I work cause I pride myself on working and getting the job done. And I'll never be on some woe is me shyt cause I know what I have to do to make it in this country...that's cruel as fukk to black men especially. I'd like to think all the shyt I've been through has made me a stronger person at the end of the day.

So when I do succeed and make it...I know who to thank. Especially when so many people refused to give me a chance...

I ain't forget about y'all Coli. Thanks for everything...and that concludes my input for this thread tonight.

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Dog you should just focus on one thing stop trying to do a million things. LIke you DJ, do fashion design, ect. Focus on being great at one thing.............get noticed with that one thing then you can add in your other shyt.

If you keep trying to do a million things its going to be hard to make a name for yourself.

Try to surround yourself with successful people as well and peep game from them.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Dog you should just focus on one thing stop trying to do a million things. LIke you DJ, do fashion design, ect. Focus on being great at one thing.............get noticed with that one thing then you can add in your other shyt.

If you keep trying to do a million things its going to be hard to make a name for yourself.

Try to surround yourself with successful people as well and peep game from them.

I feel ya.

I've already met a good share of successful people since I've been living here. As well, I take time to talk to my peers from back in the day...just to catch up and share some kind words of advice.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Thanks for the advice...but I don't feel like leaving just yet (I'm trying to leave in 2016). It's my life. I can't just pack up and leave when I already have so many obligations and stuff here..

That's what I don't get about this type of thing...it's not that simple.

But yes..I am trying to find better work.

And straight up and down...I'M NOT TRYING TO fukkING LIVE IN GODDAMN TEXAS!

thanks for the advice though...appreciated.

So let me ask you this. Is There ANY place besides NYC you could see yourself living in?
And if you have no wife, kids, or decent job what exactly is obligating you to live in that city?

I'm sorry man, but your living in the last place anybody should be trying to scrape by on less than $500 a month. You say you don't want to live in Texas but a 12-13$ a hour job down there would be A VAST improvement over the situation you have right now. And not just Texas but Atlanta is also a good option.

I'm telling you breh...you don't want to hear it but eventually your gonna have to come to grips with that reality. I've seen this story A MILLION Times . It ain't the 70/80's anymore when Madonna or Patti Smith could move to NYC and rent a room for 60-80$ a month and focus on their art mostly. Now Patti is telling artist to get the hell out of NYC cause it's not built for starving artist/creatives anymore.Unless they are trust fund kids.

And rent is only going UP in BK. The people working in finance and trust fund kids got Brooklyn damn near worse than Manhattan.

ItchyWeave

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Trill, Texas
It pays terribly...(sometimes I'm lucky if I make over a $100 a week)
I never get any hours (I work at max 3 days a week)
I hate dealing with people (especially these weirdo ass euro tourists and self-entitled white people...the worst)

Did I really spend all this time in college to do this shyt!? To SERVE FROZEN YOGURT!!!????

I'll talk later but I'm pissed cause I already spent my measly f*cking paycheck a couple of days ago and now I gotta ride my roommates bike to work.

F*ck America! And f*ck the 4th of July!!!

try a temp agency

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
I'll be 30 on August 3rd...that's kind of why I'm freaking out about it...I figured years ago I'd be doing something btter than this.

I might have to go back to school...even though I don't want to and when I graduated I swore that I would never enter a classroom again.

I have too much talent and foresight to be in this position...but lord oh lord I'm tired

Try a temp agency

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Damn brother, not even $100 a week sometimes? How do you survive on that little money? What did you major in college?
Damn, I made more than that working 18 hours a week at the library as a college student.

@*L*E*G*A*C*Y* move to DC. Get your A+. Get a help desk job. Make 15/hr. Get some certs, make 70-100k a yr.

I hate DC women but the money is outcha.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Quit your job.
Stop posting.
Posting was my vice that made me happy when I was having issues at home with my ex(girl at the time), baby was on the way, and unemployed at that time. Posting is a good thing. He just needs to focus and have ppl tell him how to do it the right way. I knew when he said Alfac, I knew it was a bullshyt ass job. Unless you working at the corporate office, I would never take my Black ass anywhere near shyt like this. It's not for nikkas, it's for cacs. Cacs buy from cacs and nikkas rarely buy unless they want to. Unless you top level like @Theraflu, you fighting an unreal up hill battle where far nikkas and sistas survive.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Try a temp agency
He probably don't have skills and if that's the case, they ain't got shyt for you. I always say it's good to lie but respectfully lie. Changing titles is fine as long as you worked there. Find someone who will bullshyt for you who worked there. For full time employment, you might have some issues but for temp, not a chance. You should have a breeze. Hire someone to write your resume or get a friend to do it for free or discounted price.

Always talk up yourself especially for temp jobs. Always be willing to learn and quickly as you are willing to leave. Always keep your options open till you get that big break.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
@*L*E*G*A*C*Y* is my nikka and he's smart but his fear is something on that fat kid from Recess level. He could have got out of the bullshyt years ago. He's a good graphic designer too if I remember right but that's a saturated field. I would say this, a hour with him on the phone and we can get him on the right path making decent bank.