I f*cking hate my job!!!!! (Life rant)

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
Parental supplements. Yes. I'm not proud of it. My rent is 850 and my dad's been paying it.

fukk it...you asked...I'm not proud of it. But you asked...and I answered. Hopefully when I find a better job that pays more I won't have to go this route.

It was either here or stay in racist ass Pittsburgh (where I'm from...born and raised) where black men can't even find jobs above a blue collar level and black professionals are a rare breed. I'd rather die than live there...

Shiiit nikka my dad would slap me through the phone if I even asked for $1

I always wondered how these hipsters with twirly mustaches and gauges made it living in the city...I guess thats the answer

Daps
Reppin
VOID
The only time there is ever shame in asking your parents for money is if you aren't about yours. If you and they are fortunate enough to have it to give, I'm sure most parents are happy and willing.

That being said, til you get your shyt straight, you could try moving back home. Pops is paying the rent anyway, might as well just lessen that. Pay him a bit for letting you stay while you work shyt out.

When I lived at home for a couple of months while I saved up money before I moved to NYC, my parents almost called the cops on me and had me arrested cause they didn't want me around. It was really bad there were many moments where we didn't see eye to eye...we have real cultural differences as I'm a first gen and they're from Africa/The West Indies.

My older sister lives there still at almost 33 and she doesn't do anything...my younger sister is at MIT.

I refuse to move back to Pittsburgh. I like my life here. People respect me. Women like me. I have no problems and I know things can get better. Pittsburgh was a f*cking nightmare. I still am getting over bad memories of living there.

• Dap
Reactions: DrX

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
Daps
Reppin
VOID
You aint making no money. Quit
:stopitslime:
And be unemployed again? I don't know when I'm gonna find another job...so I might as well stick with it...plus I get tips.

But...it doesn't get much business due to location and sometimes it's slow so they send me home early.

I'll quit when I can find something else...

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Daps
Reppin
VOID
Shiiit nikka my dad would slap me through the phone if I even asked for $1

I always wondered how these hipsters with twirly mustaches and gauges made it living in the city...I guess thats the answer

Dude...I hate begging for money. I really do. I hate borrowing money. I never do. But my folks offered to help me out cause they believed in me and knew I wasn't a complete f*ck up (which sometimes I think I am)...but I digress.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
No problem. And when you have the chance go on youtube and search "sherri downs" and check out her vids For the mains ite she discusses I already received a payment of $20 to my paypal back in May. But just watch the videos on her page if you have the chance if your skeptical. The thing about these jobs is that I got a couple Black coworkers I can vibe with but it never matches up with the whites...with whites it includes your supervisors...coworkers...customers etc. Just too much. Integration was never good for us. Motherfukka crackas neva loved us :heh: Gonna make sure to hit my stride with the online bizness thing and take a cutnack in hours since I wont need the money anymore if this pans out...or quit all together. Btw remember our people mostly come out in night shifts...have you asked to work then? Or is your location white 24/7?

• Dap
Reactions: DrX

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I graduated with a degree in Media and Professional Communications with a certificate in Digital Media Communications in 2012...yes I know it's a weak major in a weak job market.

I've had to call the folks for help with rent and bills a couple of times...I'm ashamed of it. I thought I'd atleast be independent in my life at this point. I don't want to be one of those people cause no one respects that.

I didn't care about college and spent the majority of my life in racist Pittsburgh where most black men are unemployed or underemployed. So I just went the academic road and figured I would be able to get better career prospects in a bigger city. NYC. Moved here in 2012.

Sorry for abandoning thread I had to work from 1 to close last night.

I feel ya man...keep on searching and stay positive...you are the situation that most blacks are in today...underemployment has been ravaging our community since the late 1970s man...just know you not the only one...keep working and searching homie

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
And be unemployed again? I don't know when I'm gonna find another job...so I might as well stick with it...plus I get tips.

But...it doesn't get much business due to location and sometimes it's slow so they send me home early.

You have a college degree, jobs are out there

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Damn cuz..thought life was good?
new job,new girl..working out daily ..

Anyway dont trip..keep looking,you will find a better job

Thanks...I honestly just feel the only thing that could make my life better is a job where I feel my intellect, skills, and talent are appreciated.

I feel like I'm underselling myself. When I know I could be doing something much better.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
No problem. And when you have the chance go on youtube and search "sherri downs" and check out her vids For the mains ite she discusses I already received a payment of $20 to my paypal back in May. But just watch the videos on her page if you have the chance if your skeptical. The thing about these jobs is that I got a couple Black coworkers I can vibe with but it never matches up with the whites...with whites it includes your supervisors...coworkers...customers etc. Just too much. Integration was never good for us. Motherfukka crackas neva loved us :heh: Gonna make sure to hit my stride with the online bizness thing and take a cutnack in hours since I wont need the money anymore if this pans out...or quit all together. Btw remember our people mostly come out in night shifts...have you asked to work then? Or is your location white 24/7?

WE get a diverse crowd...but since it's dumbo...it's mostly white yuppies and tourists.

I'll tell you what though...when I get pissed...i end up hitting people with ore than they asked for and freebies. LOL. The world of corporatized yogurt.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps

You could always Tristan Walker it and angle for a better position where you work now or any place you want to work

Recruiting Advice No One Tells You

I'm not one to be inspired easily but he made me rethink how I wanted to do things.