i can't figure out quite why religious folk regardless of their upbringing...

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Its fukked up to threaten someone with such a consequence or that you want them punished in such a way for not believing in their fukked up bronze age superstition.

fukk religion and fukk those who push that shyt on anyone.

No one is pushing anything on you. Looks like you're the one pushing their agenda. An empty agenda at that. :heh:

"Let me abandon the guidance I have to follow Napoleon and his unknown path of nothingness to nowhere." :heh:

And no one feels threatened by hell except people like you. Hell is no threat to me because I walk the righteous path and repent for my wrongdoing. No, friend, hell isn't for people like me. Only a warning for people like you, if you would but heed.

Do you think you were created from nothing? Or are you, yourself the creator? :usure:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
God is real...you will give an account of your life to him.

woe to the fags and all sinners on that day. Hellfire awaits you

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
There is no "law of science"

Science isn't even a thing.

Its just a process thats the most reliable method (that we've since devised) to determine to a particular degree if something is true or not.

When it comes to your views on religion, those are assertions.

You believe in a god/higher power/deity/soemthing/whatever.

Thats different from me.

I'm not asserting belief in anything. YOU are.

YOU.

ARE.

I'm not saying your thing doesn't even exist. I can't even prove that. I can't prove a negative.

I CAN say that I don't subscribe to, or believe in your assertion.

So therefore, you're making a religious claim.

You can't keep escaping WHAT YOU KNOW TO BE BULL shyt WHEN I USE THE WORD RELIGION because it makes you uncomfortable.

You want to be free to say you believe in a god...but don't like admitting that you still subscribe to how your god does things. Namely:

If it intervenes OR not (this is a characteristic you're asserting of your deity)

If it listens to you OR if it communicates with you...or not (this is a characteristic you're ASSERTING of your deity)

Etc.

These are qualities you've laid upon your personal god.

Whether or not you really think they're this god exists or not doesn't matter.

You're making religious claims because this is how you're defining your god.

For example: If you were to say, "well my god doesn't take candy from babies." YOU WOULD BE DEFINING YOUR GOD because you're showing something about the quality of your god.

It doesn't matter if you're "pushing" it.

You don't have to be promoting it or passing out flyers.

Its a stance you identify with and are lending your support to.

You can't keep saying "well this is my opinion" then say "well i don't think its true"...You're just trying not to be responsible for what you're aligning yourself with.

Its dishonest...and frankly underhanded of you.

Well no one aligns themselves with things they dont at LEAST think are true. That'd be really inefficient because you're not even pro porting any evidence to support your stance.

You clearly think god exists, but you don't think that claim is true. See how ridiculous that is? :duck: :rudy:

if you are a deist, you are still a religious person.

Its hard for you to understand because seem to think you're unique for not subscribing to the more well known religions.

Too bad.

No one told you to keep making unsubstantiated claims that merely remove the amount of rituals you subscribe to while still aligning yourself with the general concept of 99% of religions.

Oh wow. You don't call yourself a christian...how...unique. :troll:

if you can't claim something as true, don't subscribe to it.

Say you don't know.

Thats the respectable answer.

If you subscribe to it without confirming it, then you're not being honest. You're trying to prove the conclusion without proving the premises.

Thats dishonest and moreover, a misrepresentation of the very logical postulates you claim to understand.
All you telling me is that I share a trait with the religious.

You still haven't shown that my opinion is religious.

Many males have triats that they share with females but are not females.

I can say that I have superpowers but unless I prove it its moot.

You can say that I'm religious but unless you can prove it what you say is moot.

Go ahead and look up religious in the dictionary and connect it to my beleif right here and now. Cuz until then what you saying doesn't add up

Being up the defintion of a religion and I bet it won't connect to what I believe there fore I can be religious if what I believe isn't a relgion.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

All you telling me is that I share a trait with the religious.

You still haven't shown that my opinion is religious.

Many males have triats that they share with females but are not females.

I can say that I have superpowers but unless I prove it its moot.

You can say that I'm religious but unless you can prove it what you say is moot.

Go ahead and look up religious in the dictionary and connect it to my beleif right here and now. Cuz until then what you saying doesn't add up

Being up the defintion of a religion and I bet it won't connect to what I believe there fore I can be religious if what I believe isn't a relgion.

Lets make this simple:

What separates your view in a god/higher power from other religious definitions?

You think you're special because you merely "don't subscribe to the other 'name brand' religions" :rudy:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It's amazing how someone wants to clown a person for following religion. But they get all their knowledge off youtube.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It's amazing how someone wants to clown a person for following religion. But they get all their knowledge off youtube.

You really must be fukking stupid. :childplease:

I don't "get arguments from youtube"

Paying attention to biology, physics, chemistry, and anthropology courses did that.

Also reading a lot of other things outside of my initial realm of comfort instead of surrounding myself by the same pro-theist authors helps to make more well rounded arguments.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Religion - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

No worship
No supernatural
No spiritual
Not a complex system of beliefs
Barely goes against science

What more you need.

1. Doesn't matter. Not all religious have aspects that "worship" The fact that you claim you don't need to worship your god means thats your perception of that god or what that god asks of you. Thats religious.

2. You've made supernatural claims about your god though... :snoop:

3. Bullshyt. In our many back and forths, you've obviously made references to how "spiritual" you are but not religious. Then when I called you out on that, you claim to be a "non-religious theist"...as if such a thing even exists. :rudy:

4. Complexity is subjective and ultimately on a sliding scale of relativity. Doesn't mean anything. The fact that your "rituals" have any degree of complexity means that they're still religious.

5. Doesn't matter if it "goes against science." Religious claims, if they were true, wouldn't have to be updated or tested. They'd just...be true, real, or valid. Science doesn't make claims of absolutism or objectivity...theism/religion does. Thats the difference. One is committed to continual refinement, the other is just committed to whatever it WANTS to be true.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
1. Doesn't matter. Not all religious have aspects that "worship" The fact that you claim you don't need to worship your god means thats your perception of that god or what that god asks of you. Thats religious.

2. You've made supernatural claims about your god though... :snoop:

3. Bullshyt. In our many back and forths, you've obviously made references to how "spiritual" you are but not religious. Then when I called you out on that, you claim to be a "non-religious theist"...as if such a thing even exists. :rudy:

4. Complexity is subjective and ultimately on a sliding scale of relativity. Doesn't mean anything. The fact that your "rituals" have any degree of complexity means that they're still religious.

5. Doesn't matter if it "goes against science." Religious claims, if they were true, wouldn't have to be updated or tested. They'd just...be true, real, or valid. Science doesn't make claims of absolutism or objectivity...theism/religion does. Thats the difference. One is committed to continual refinement, the other is just committed to whatever it WANTS to be true.

Breh do you ever shut the fukk up :lupe:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think that some people just don't want to held accountable for the decisions they made while they were alive.

But whether you like it or not everyone will have to answer to GOD for everything they have done. Your body will die but you will not cease to exist.

There is a heaven and there is a hell. The good news is that there is forgiveness and if you are still alive today you can still go to heaven by accepting JESUS CHRIST as lord and savior of your life and believing that he is the son of GOD

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I think that some people just don't want to held accountable for the decisions they made while they were alive.

But whether you like it or not everyone will have to answer to GOD for everything they have done. Your body will die but you will not cease to exist.

There is a heaven and there is a hell
. The good news is that there is forgiveness and if you are still alive today you can still go to heaven by accepting JESUS CHRIST as lord and savior of your life and believing that he is the son of GOD

Strong claims. Willing to prove that?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Napoleon said:
I AM smarter than people who believe in god. I make no mistakes about it.

:usure:

410px-Lemaitre.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lemaître

475px-Francis_Collins_official_portrait.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Collins

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Their theism says nothing about their contributions to science. Their findings are important not because they're religious, but because they're SCIENTIFIC. They're merely liars by clinging to religion since they're not willing to put their own beliefs up to the same standard.

I stand by my initial claim.

Even Issac Newton was HINDERED by his religious views because he was scared to research things that contradicted his desire to include a deity into the working order of the universe.

Read about it. He was more or less considered a borderline heretic by the time he died because his views on religion had shifted so much based on his discoveries.