i can't figure out quite why religious folk regardless of their upbringing...

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So essentially you're saying that some of our greatest thinkers were, at the very least, not as near sighted as you on these topics. :jawalrus:

Being right about one thing, doesn't mean you're right about everything.

Their ideas are great because they're good ideas. They're not great ideas because of who they came from.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
im not sure what category i fall under. i believe in a higher power and i believe in the human spirit n i believe the higher power and the human spirit are linked or are one and the same somehow.

See how ambiguous you are?

Just say "I don't know" and keep it moving.

You might WANT there to be something, but it doesn't mean anything about it actually being so, nor does it mean you've shown anything of value.

You can't even define what you claim to believe in. See what the problem is?

i dont have a problem with atheist or whatever he is, i just cannot stand know it alls.

I DON'T CLAIM TO KNOW IT ALL...THEISTS/BELIEVERS DO...THATS THE PROBLEM.

especially when it comes to something that is still as mysterious as human beings and our existence,
which we understand
meaning of life,
there isn't one, or if there is, there isn't any evidence to suggest that life has a "meaning"
afterlife
bullshyt
or lack thereof, etc etc.
More than likely. :patrice:

i do believe the bible is bullshyt upon bullshyt n i think all religions are very flawed, but this dude acts like anybody with any belief system is just beneath him because he has no belief system. i would rather socialize with a humble religious person than this pretentious know it all douchebag.

sheldon cooper in the face ass nikka!

So you'd rather socialize with someone who doesn't care to validate their stance or what they align themselves with only because they're NICER to you?

Just admit you don't care about getting to the validity of issues, rather you care about how you feel about issues. That apparently means more to you.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
See how ambiguous you are?

Just say "I don't know" and keep it moving.

You might WANT there to be something, but it doesn't mean anything about it actually being so, nor does it mean you've shown anything of value.

You can't even define what you claim to believe in. See what the problem is?

I DON'T CLAIM TO KNOW IT ALL...THEISTS/BELIEVERS DO...THATS THE PROBLEM.

which we understand there isn't one, or if there is, there isn't any evidence to suggest that life has a "meaning" bullshyt More than likely. :patrice:

So you'd rather socialize with someone who doesn't care to validate their stance or what they align themselves with only because they're NICER to you?

Just admit you don't care about getting to the validity of issues, rather you care about how you feel about issues. That apparently means more to you.

i DONT know, but i believe thats what it is. i dont feel i need to define my thought system because it isnt important to me for it to be defined. ive never even thought about it "oh im an agnostic oh im an atheist oh im a douchy mcdouche oh im just a genius".

n yea i rather socialize with someone who isnt at all times trying to validate themselves to others and just wants to talk about the game and grill some burgers. why does everything have to be an intellectual debate about shyt neither one of us really truly know?

n yea maybe how i feel is important to me cause guess what i am is a human being not a robot. its not all about facts and equations and measurements. there is alot more to being human that all of that.

i wonder, somebody as smart as you probably is pretty well off in life in regards to money. would u withhold donations to a charity if its run by a religion even though its legit and ur donation would probably feed a dozen kids in a 3rd world country for a month? thats the inhumanity that being so caught up on the scientific facts and measurements part of life causes. im all for facts trust me, but not when it reduces my imagination and creativity and turns me into a soulless robot.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Napoleon said:
I SIMPLY do not believe in any religious claims because none of them are supported with any thing that can be verified or established as being true.

Seeing as your claim is not supported with anything that can be verified or established as being true, why do you believe it?

Napoleon said:
I AM smarter than people who believe in god.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
They're scared to face the realization that they're not as important or as unique as they were taught that they were.

Couple that with the crushing social and economic disparities many poor and uneducated people face, who are overwhelmingly religious, they think that since their present lives suck SO much on earth, that there MAY...just MAY BE something awaiting them.

Its the existential crisis many of us have reconciled (i'm more or less of a nihilist but whatever) and the vast majority fear even bringing up to discuss. Its cowardice.

:bryan: