I admit, I was wrong about the Xbox Series S.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You're just asking to get dunked on for making this thread. Personally, I dislike the idea of a series s, but it does provide a low cost entry to get a current gen console. However, the trade off does seem to be more harm than good because there's no way the series s can survive a 8 year console gen. I think the Series S console would work perfectly if console gens were shorter (4-6 years), but consoles seems to be 7-8 year gens, so there's no way it will survive 5+ years in a console gen.

Anyways, the idea of series s is interesting because it's a low cost entry device that influences consumers to buy a subcription service, but the trade off doesn't seem worth it long term, but it does work well short term

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The results are that around 50% of xbox’s sold are the S version, and xbox making inroads into markets they’ve struggled in before, while making more money than xbox has ever made before :ehh:
And what I’m saying is what has been revealed is the Xbox Series consoles are underperforming the selling rate of the Xbox One. They’re being outsold 2:1 by the PlayStation 5.

They’re shedding more old customers than they are acquiring new ones so it’s a losing strategy.

Making more money than Xbox ever has is obvious when you add ZeniMax a whole publisher.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
think the Series S console would work perfectly if console gens were shorter (4-6 years), but consoles seems to be 7-8 year gens, so there's no way it will survive 5+ years in a console gen.

its even longer than that because now that all these consoles are backwards compatible they aren’t going to cut off last gen consoles anymore ike before, especially when the install base is already incredibly low. The cross gen games that come out on the xbox hurricane 180 or whatever they call the next one is going to have to work on the series s also, just like Halo and forza had to work on the xbox one.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And what I’m saying is what has been revealed is the Xbox Series consoles are underperforming the selling rate of the Xbox One. They’re being outsold 2:1 by the PlayStation 5.

They’re shedding more old customers than they are acquiring new ones so it’s a losing strategy.

Making more money than Xbox ever has is obvious when you add ZeniMax a whole publisher.
Whole goal is to make money.

You guys are stuck fighting a console war that doesn’t even matter at this point.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You're just asking to get dunked on for making this thread. Personally, I dislike the idea of a series s, but it does provide a low cost entry to get a current gen console. However, the trade off does seem to be more harm than good because there's no way the series s can survive a 8 year console gen. I think the Series S console would work perfectly if console gens were shorter (4-6 years), but consoles seems to be 7-8 year gens, so there's no way it will survive 5+ years in a console gen.

Anyways, the idea of series s is interesting because it's a low cost entry device that influences consumers to buy a subcription service, but the trade off doesn't seem worth it long term, but it does work well short term
Series S will play the same games as X till the next gen starts up. We are already seeing it play the most advanced next gen games with no problem. Few games are gonna be as big or complicated as starfield going forward and the series s handles it just fine. If anything it will perform better as devs get more used to using it.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
its even longer than that because now that all these consoles are backwards compatible they aren’t going to cut off last gen consoles anymore ike before, especially when the install base is already incredibly low. The cross gen games that come out on the xbox hurricane 180 or whatever they call the next one is going to have to work on the series s also, just like Halo and forza had to work on the xbox one.
That's a good point because I didn't even think about BC for next gen. I doubt they could get away with making series s version of games cloud only for crossplat because I don't think devs want to skip out on 50% of xbox user base if it comes to that. I think that's another reason why entry device in console space is way too risky. It's short term gains for long-term struggles.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
What success? They sell hudreds of consoles a week in japan :childplease:

ZPsz7Ww.png

The marketshare in japan is as bad as their marketshare in europe/uk. Odds are those consoles ain’t even staying in japan. Can yall ever be serious
Xbox Stan’s delusional at best
Retarded liars at worse

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Whole goal is to make money.

You guys are stuck fighting a console war that doesn’t even matter at this point.
The console war doesn't even matter it's just they shouldn't be languishing behind all the other companies in the space they should be somewhere in the same ballpark. They don't have to outsell Sony enough to be competitive enough to keep them from raising the price of PS+ by 25-30% with no fear of recourse or raising the price of the PS5 digital edition by 12% almost without a care.

We all need Xbox to do better so it acts as a check against anti-consumer behavior. This isn't about console wars bragging rights.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What success? They sell hudreds of consoles a week in japan :childplease:

ZPsz7Ww.png

The marketshare in japan is as bad as their marketshare in europe/uk. Odds are those consoles ain’t even staying in japan. Can yall ever be serious?
Y'all have no idea what progress looks like and it shows Everytime y'all post.

:yeshrug:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I thought it would be short lived but the majority of my IRL friends bought it. It's a great deal for casual gamers that just play Fortnite, COD, Madden, 2K.

This is right up my alley..I only play sports games and graphics aren’t a big issue for me. I still have my 360 connected to play ncaa football and basketball & graphics weren’t as good back then but the games are fun & that’s all I care about

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The console war doesn't even matter it's just they shouldn't be languishing behind all the other companies in the space they should be somewhere in the same ballpark. They don't have to outsell Sony enough to be competitive enough to keep them from raising the price of PS+ by 25-30% with no fear of recourse or raising the price of the PS5 digital edition by 12% almost without a care.

We all need Xbox to do better so it acts as a check against anti-consumer behavior. This isn't about console wars bragging rights.
Xbox is selling at or around how it’s always sold, a little less cause they aren’t aggressively pushing discounts and they are putting their biggest games and features on multiple platforms.

Sony selling lots of consoles, but pretty much giving them shyts away literally tanking their profit to get consoles in homes.

Two very different strategies, as long as enough xbox’s exist in homes for devs to support them, competition is just fine and healthy.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Xbox is selling at or around how it’s always sold, a little less cause they aren’t aggressively pushing discounts and they are putting their biggest games and features on multiple platforms.

All their consoles are on sale right now and they’ve been discounting them for well over a year :mjlol:

Lets not even pretend people are only buying playstation over xbox because of 50 dollar sales :dead:

Microsoft has been consistently losing money trying to sell consoles over sony for two years now and they are still losing money discounting their hardware

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Sony selling lots of consoles, but pretty much giving them shyts away literally tanking their profit to get consoles in homes.

Two very different strategies, as long as enough xbox’s exist in homes for devs to support them, competition is just fine and healthy.
Been they was giving $50 gift cards and $50 off the Series S at times. It was dirt cheap.