I admit, I was wrong about the Xbox Series S.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The PS5 is proof they could have done better without this thing. People would have paid more for a better product instead of a broken play at value. Their brand has suffered because a lack of perceived value in the quality of their software and the play wasn't to try and lower the price it was to raise the perceived value by putting out more attractive software.

Corporate heads are going to try and spin this thing as a win but it's a clear L. When everything was supply constrained and difficult to get the Series S was the first thing that became easily available and it was so long before anything else. It became that way so fast because most people don't want it. At best it's a secondary system for people who don't want to fully commit to the Xbox brand.

When you try to fight a value war against a competitor and they take their lower priced SKU and actually raise the price of it you know you've lost that war.
You act as if the series X doesn't exist.

As a whole it's a better piece of equipment than the PS5. People have the option to pay more now for a X or a S and millions choose not to, the only reason Xbox is moving in Japan overall is because of the series S, again the series S tackles a lot of issues that y'all don't even consider. It's wasn't meant to be some silver bullet and it's not like they make profit off the hardware sales of S compared X

Which, unlike the PS5 slim which is a straight up even worse value than the series X, and that is strictly being pushed now because it's cheaper to make and basically is a sneaky price increase while forcing all the people who was worried about the gamers on submarines with no Internet connection to digital and needing a network connection.

Trying to spin the series S as a L because you feel like people may have gotten it that didn't want it is a crazy reach. I can promise you that if people are unhappy with the S the same people would probably be unhappy with the X it has nothing to do with product.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You act as if the series X doesn't exist.

As a whole it's a better piece of equipment than the PS5. People have the option to pay more now for a X or a S and millions choose not to, the only reason Xbox is moving in Japan overall is because of the series S, again the series S tackles a lot of issues that y'all don't even consider. It's wasn't meant to be some silver bullet and it's not like it make profit of the hardware sales of S.

Unlike the PS5 slim which is straight up even worse value that strictly being pushed up because it's cheaper to make and basically is a sneaky price increase while forcing all the people who was worried about the gamers on submarines with no Internet connection to digital and needing a network connection.

Trying to spon the series S as a L because you feel like people may have gotten it that didn't want it is a crazy reach. I can promise you that if people are unhappy with the S the same people would probably be unhappy with the X it has nothing to do with product.
I do feel like as a piece of hardware the Xbox Series consoles are better than the PlayStation 5. At the same time I get more software on the PlayStation 5 so I’d still pick it.

The market has chosen and while you don’t personally agree with them it doesn’t invalidate what the market chose.

The majority of the market doesn’t want the Series S. It is an answer to a question nobody asked.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I do feel like as a piece of hardware the Xbox Series consoles are better than the PlayStation 5. At the same time I get more software on the PlayStation 5 so I’d still pick it.

The market has chosen and while you don’t personally agree with them it doesn’t invalidate what the market chose.

The majority of the market doesn’t want the Series S. It is an answer to a question nobody asked.
And to that I say it wasn't meant to take over the market but bring those that want to get off last generation consoles and into the next for as cheap as possible and bring those people into the Xbox ecosystem system.

Y'all have no idea how many people buy last generation systems used I see. GameStop moves old units like those at around 200-300 price range consistently for a reason and it's not because it's the better or best piece of product in the store.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And to that I say it wasn't meant to take over the market but bring those that want to get off last generation consoles and into the next for as cheap as possible and bring those people into the Xbox ecosystem system.

Well its not working because they are selling less systems this year than last year and this generation than last.

You keep talking about how its supposed to work, we know that sales pitch. We are telling you it ain’t working. Microsoft can have the most powerful console or/and the cheapest, it won’t matter.

Microsoft has solidified itself as the un-cool console with the un-cool game catalogue, and that won’t change anytime soon.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Y'all have no idea how many people buy last generation systems used I see. GameStop moves old units like those at around 200-300 price range consistently for a reason and it's not because it's the better or best piece of product in the store.
Given the results that wasn't a market worth addressing. I don't think that customer base is as large as you want to portray it to be. Reaching that market has lead Xbox to even less success than the generation before when they didn't try to reach them so what was the point? It's a losing strategy.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Given the results that wasn't a market worth addressing. I don't think that customer base is as large as you want to portray it to be. Reaching that market has lead Xbox to even less success than the generation before when they didn't try to reach them so what was the point? It's a losing strategy.
The results are that around 50% of xbox’s sold are the S version, and xbox making inroads into markets they’ve struggled in before, while making more money than xbox has ever made before :ehh:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The success Xbox is seeing starting to bubble up in Japan is heavily do to the series S. Not to take credit away from the legwork they putting in over there.

But people out there are buying series S 1st not series x.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The success Xbox is seeing starting to bubble up in Japan is heavily do to the series S. Not to take credit away from the legwork they putting in over there.

But people out there are buying series S 1st not series x.

What success? They sell hudreds of consoles a week in japan :childplease:

ZPsz7Ww.png

The marketshare in japan is as bad as their marketshare in europe/uk. Odds are those consoles ain’t even staying in japan. Can yall ever be serious?

Last edited:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
I love how accessible that console is, I've seen way more of them than ps5s and gaming PCs.