I admit i have changed my opinions on Basquiat :

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Its why I call our primal state Inner Sense and whats left on the other end after being processed by the System is Adulterated. My entire life is about releasing the programming to reclaim my Kingdom within because thats the only thing worth striving for in this realm.

The rest is an illusion designed to prevent the realization of this.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Its why I call our primal state Inner Sense and whats left on the other end after being processed by the System is Adulterated. My entire life is about releasing the programming to reclaim my Kingdom within because thats the only thing worth striving for in this realm.

The rest is an illusion designed to prevent the realization of this.
That's the nature of existing if you ask me. Everything you are and everything you will become is from the teachings of those before that programmed you.

Since we are Black in the Americas..we have received the worse, harshest programming any human being has ever received. That's why we suffer from so much mental issues and religion exasperated these conditions of our mental health.

That's why I geaux so hard against christianity. If we can get rid of the major programming of this religion and turn our backs to it, I feel we can facilitate and birth the true Messiah...Thee Black Messiah.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Black people fell in love with Eurocentric art. It's still major in our community. In fact we historically never painted or created realism. That's European art standards. Africans created abstract art. The African mask, fertility figures..are all abstract art. It wasn't until the damn Greeks and Romans started creating art that they went to rhyperrealism. See Greek sculptures for evidence and compare to African figurines.

dionysos-plaster-bust-white-1.jpg

162807-1.jpg

I dont know if the bold is true but either way, why the animosity? Do you have NO appreciation for realism?

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
I dont know if the bold is true but either way, why the animosity? Do you have NO appreciation for realism?
It's def true. Greeks and Romans mastered anatomy to the levels that wasn't seen. They took what the Egyptians did and further expounded upon it. The Egyptians were masters of the frieze, sculptures and relief sculpture: static and kinetic. (Not to sure if the 2nd name of their sculpture is kinetic. Been forever since I talked about sculpture lol).

Realism is eurocentric and it's takes away from the true genesis of art. I can do realism and hyperrealism is a waste of time because you are literally a walking camera. Outside of the technical skill, it's seen as nothing more than a "oh he can draw!!!" it's not eye catching because it looks like a damn photograph. The subject was the art and you copied.

The 1st piece is in the NOMA permanent art collection in New Orleans, LA...I think this is theColi 1st artist to be in a prestigious museum. I did it. We did it!

Mamanbrigitte-Mamans-Day-Mixed-Mediaon-Wood48x72-2021.jpg

Creole-House-On-Canal-Street-72x96-Mixed-Media-wood23.jpg

Kings-Disease-48x72-Mixed-Mediaon-Wood-2021.jpg

Vodouchildblues-Mixed-Mediaon-Wood-36x48-2021.jpg

Gumboetpainfran-ais44x48mixedmediaonwood2021.jpg

Erzulie-Dantor-Mixed-Mediaon-Wood-36x48-2021.jpg

Now geaux look at hyperrealism. If you put their work next to mine, my abstraction would draw you in because it looks like fine art. Not that a hyperrealism painting isn't fine art...you would just think it's a photograph and dismiss the artistic nature as valuable until you realized that it isn't a photograph.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
What you thinking breh? This is a safe space. Let's talk about it.
I’ve been wanting to learn how to draw. I keep getting to drawing a decent eye and then line art but then I stop

I wanna pick up art again for real this time tho on some philosophy shyt

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
I’ve been wanting to learn how to draw. I keep getting to drawing a decent eye and then line art but then I stop

I wanna pick up art again for real this time tho on some philosophy shyt
Then do it. If you search the Coli you can find my art tutorial thread. I gave up on it cause thecoli doesn't seem to appreciate fine art en masse like I was hoping it would.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
My only think with Basquiat is, is it the pure art that is truly loved or amazing or beatiful or powerful. Or is it really jus da story and meaning of the pieces behind it.

Like a sculpture its da pure beauty of it and capturing a look, da smoothcor ruffness of it. A picture capturing the persons mood or feelin witout words.

Its not about breaking down the meaning of this to that to pun or dbl meaning that. And thats why warhol n white pple dikk ride basquait and others in the same mold as they cn sd they cnt make more beautiful or better art than them its jus ds words or movement behind it. Let em have that.

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB
This is funny.
I'm out of the loop and don't know who the person is in your avatar. But if he's a rapper, wouldn't the same thing apply to him. He appears to be using drugs in the picture.

Im not paying 30 mill for a chief keef album and pretending like there's some deep meaning to his shyt 🤣 :pachaha::youngsabo:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's def true. Greeks and Romans mastered anatomy to the levels that wasn't seen. They took what the Egyptians did and further expounded upon it. The Egyptians were masters of the frieze, sculptures and relief sculpture: static and kinetic. (Not to sure if the 2nd name of their sculpture is kinetic. Been forever since I talked about sculpture lol).

Realism is eurocentric and it's takes away from the true genesis of art. I can do realism and hyperrealism is a waste of time because you are literally a walking camera. Outside of the technical skill, it's seen as nothing more than a "oh he can draw!!!" it's not eye catching because it looks like a damn photograph. The subject was the art and you copied.

The 1st piece is in the NOMA permanent art collection in New Orleans, LA...I think this is theColi 1st artist to be in a prestigious museum. I did it. We did it!

Mamanbrigitte-Mamans-Day-Mixed-Mediaon-Wood48x72-2021.jpg

Creole-House-On-Canal-Street-72x96-Mixed-Media-wood23.jpg

Kings-Disease-48x72-Mixed-Mediaon-Wood-2021.jpg

Vodouchildblues-Mixed-Mediaon-Wood-36x48-2021.jpg

Gumboetpainfran-ais44x48mixedmediaonwood2021.jpg

Erzulie-Dantor-Mixed-Mediaon-Wood-36x48-2021.jpg

Now geaux look at hyperrealism. If you put their work next to mine, my abstraction would draw you in because it looks like fine art. Not that a hyperrealism painting isn't fine art...you would just think it's a photograph and dismiss the artistic nature as valuable until you realized that it isn't a photograph.

Great work! Great thread! I disagree with the bold, but nevermind that. Can I afford one of your pieces? :lupe:

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
My only think with Basquiat is, is it the pure art that is truly loved or amazing or beatiful or powerful. Or is it really jus da story and meaning of the pieces behind it.

Like a sculpture its da pure beauty of it and capturing a look, da smoothcor ruffness of it. A picture capturing the persons mood or feelin witout words.

Its not about breaking down the meaning of this to that to pun or dbl meaning that. And thats why warhol n white pple dikk ride basquait and others in the same mold as they cn sd they cnt make more beautiful or better art than them its jus ds words or movement behind it. Let em have that.
It's both. His bio and his work is captivating. But also his story is laced with racism due to the fact he was black. They said his first art dealer had a genius locked away in some studio, instead of artist in residency. Then they would say he was the noble savage or they assumed he was came a poor background. Then there was his drug use too. Rumors of him working all night and then taking heroin to sleep. The running away from home alot...etc...etc...lots of lies and exaggeration.

And Warhol and Basquiat were actually good friends until their duo show got ran through the press. Basquiat was really upset at how it was recieved and now in 2023 the same show is a hit and is expected to sell well at auctions now that both are dead. Geaux figure right? But Warhol spoke candidly and was really his friend Cia his dairy entries.