I admit i have changed my opinions on Basquiat :

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Nope. A little art history. Jackson Pollock was the 1st artist to get big bucks for his art after his death. His wife who was an artist refused to to sell his art for less then 10 million when he died from a suicide via drunk driving. That is what caused fine art to be ridiculously priced. At the time of Pollock death, Picasso was still alive I believe. And from his death in the 70s he then reset the art market for dead artist's work. So when Basquiat died in 88 after Warhol...yep! You guessed correctly....reset the art market again. Basically as an artist you ain't worth nothing until you dead. I got art in a museum as we speak. NOMA permanent collection matter of fact, so when I am dead in the future, my art will double in value once it's sought after.
Do you have a website where we can view your Art?

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I can agree to that..."speculation". However your response was delivered as an absolute fact. No disrespect tho, I'm challenging your words in the realm of academia. So I'm not trying to be disrespectful, I do apologize if it comes off crass.. not my intentions at all.

And naw it's not drugs. People who usually dismiss Basquiat work always dismiss it due to his rampant drug use. But they mention white artists whi had drug issues...Pollock never made drunkard art...Picasso never made Absinthe art...it's just Basquiat who is the drugged out art.
It comes off racist truth be told or self loathing if it js from a black man. You are within your right to hate his work tho. That's your right being human.:salute:
I can shake hands to that. I will say I am judging the art purely.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I can talk art all day. I am a professional classically trained and educated artist. So ask away. No question is stupid or beneath me. I love teaching and explaining art.
Who are some up and coming artists that we should follow/look for their work?

I want to get into art, as I know a little about classic artists, but have no clue about modern art

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Who are some up and coming artists that we should follow/look for their work?

I want to get into art, as I know a little about classic artists, but have no clue about modern art

Al Burts
Michael C. Gibson
Naderson Saint Pierre
John Lister III
Halim Flowers
Charlie Palmer
James Terrell
Levi Robinson

Last edited:

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
We are our work.

So true.

You cannot separate the art from the artist as he pours himself into the frame. Internally, some people speak the same language and resonate. A load of people fake the funk, on both ends of the scale. Usually for the papes, acclaim or to say "You ain't up on this".

Can you draw a perfect circle?

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
So true.

You cannot separate the art from the artist as he pours himself into the frame. Internally, some people speak the same language and resonate. A load of people fake the funk, on both ends of the scale. Usually for the papes, acclaim or to say "You ain't up on this".

Can you draw a perfect circle?
Yes. I can. But the effort isn't worth the reward. Drawing the circle is the reward.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Its wild how thats the test of a true artist as an omelette is to the best chef as the basic contains all of the complex.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Its wild how thats the test of a true artist as an omelette is to the best chef as the basic contains all of the complex.

Yea breh its so complex that when done by a master it looks easy to the indulgent. To the chef the omelets is complex down to the fat used to keep the egg mixture from sticking...to the ingredients inside the folded egg..but to the consumer, we all just eat the omelets and savor it's flavor unknowing know how much work was produced to create the intense flavor panel we are experiencing. Alchemy if you ask me.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Truly something special from those that have a finer sense of granularity as you click exactly how much effort and skill kicks beneath the surface of what seems so simple.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Truly something special from those that have a finer sense of granularity as you click exactly how much effort and skill kicks beneath the surface of what seems so simple.
Truth be told breh, anybody can create art. Children are artists too. The greatest gift you can give a child between 2 and 10 is a box of crayons and something to draw on.

They understand space (negative and positive), emphasis, color, line, scale, balance and composition.

"Every child is an artist...until they grow up"