I admit i have changed my opinions on Basquiat :

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
But isn’t the creativity coming from how you’re creating the piece? You have to have a creative mindset to even achieve realism as you’re working from one less dimension. Even in sculpting you’re being creative because you’re using a much less malleable and diverse medium to achieve a realistic end.

Creativity is not just one thing creating abstract and out of the box pieces
Yes. That's correct. But creativity stops when you are copying. No you don't have a creative mind to do realism because you are copying. Once you copy something creativity ceases. Because the muse is the art....it's already created. It's already exists. Now if you recreate it...then that's creativity. It's nuisances such as those factors that change copying to creating.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Creativity is relative. The world around you is the zenith. Some people choose to be as close to God as they can through their work than others.

That was a bar I can’t lie :heh:

Your third sentence fukked everything up. You should've just said the first two lowkey.

That would've been heat.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Yes. That's correct. But creativity stops when you are copying. No you don't have a creative mind to do realism because you are copying. Once you copy something creativity ceases. Because the muse is the art....it's already created. It's already exists. Now if you recreate it...then that's creativity. It's nuisances such as those factors that change copying to creating.
E8DQG7_XMAEOAr_.jpg

Ok

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Lol it's all good breh. I'm not saying it's not art. I'm just saying if all artists just literally copied what's in front of us...then where is the creativity?

5738060.jpg

Salvador Dali could've did this piece and copied from actual muses, but he decided to recreate these numerous muses and arrange them in a dreamy landscape. That's creativity. So in essence he did copy and then he recreated what was copied to create something new.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Lol it's all good breh. I'm not saying it's not art. I'm just saying if all artists just literally copied what's in front of us...then where is the creativity?

5738060.jpg

Salvador Dali could've did this piece and copied from actual muses, but he decided to recreate these numerous muses and arrange them in a dreamy landscape. That's creativity. So in essence he did copy and then he recreated what was copied to create something new.
Big fan of his work. Always loved classical art as well. I used to draw and was above decent, so that’s where my realism love comes from. But I appreciate all art. I don’t always get the super abstract…like Basquiats work is outside my zone, but I still can look at it subjectively

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Big fan of his work. Always loved classical art as well. I used to draw and was above decent, so that’s where my realism love comes from. But I appreciate all art. I don’t always get the super abstract…like Basquiats work is outside my zone, but I still can look at it subjectively
I love Dali work too. When my Mama used to drag me to museums that's all I saw was Dali, Picasso and Harlem Renaissance art.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Here some of the best media you can use to create:

20230618-095553.jpg

20230618-095604.jpg

Oil Stick. It's oil paint in the form of a crayon and this shyt is amazing! Esp if you like me...I hate brushes. I'm all hands on. Like a child.

This Media was created exclusively for Picasso. Then it had a dying out in popularity until Basquiat came on the scene. My professor introduced this to me after I found a full half used set of Oil Pastels. I complained about how the oil Pastel never dried so he said buy oil sticks. I was too broke, so when I got some money finally years later (took 9 yrs off from art...long story) and finally coughed up 60 bucks for a set and man......hold up! shyt is incredible to draw and sketch.

Carthagemoney-36x48-Mixed-Mediaon-Wood2022.jpg

This was all acrylic and oil stick.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
He died young and poor with AIDS. The value of his art increased once he died and they created a narrative and story to increase the value.

Update: He didn’t die broke. He just lived like a damn near homeless person.

It was speculated that he had AIDS. Not confirmed.

Breh created a whole alternative timeline to discredit Basquiat smh.

Al Burts
Michael C. Gibson
Naderson Saint Pierre
John Lister III
Halim Flowers
Charlie Palmer
James Terrell
Levi Robinson

Saw some of Halim Flowers work at an exhebition a couple weeks ago. It shares similarities with Basquiat, so I assume coli brehs will find his work to be "trash"

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Breh created a whole alternative timeline to discredit Basquiat smh.

Saw some of Halim Flowers work at an exhebition a couple weeks ago. It shares similarities with Basquiat, so I assume coli brehs will find his work to be "trash"
Halim Flowers and I both started our careers at the same time. So I literally came up with him. Met up in NOLA in 2020. And we both collabed on this piece. He was the 1st person I ever collabed with. Dude is a humble and chill breh. Glad I can say he is in my mythos and history.

20200926-213714.jpg

20200926-213649.jpg

20200926-210602.jpg

IMG-0804.jpg

IMG-4425.jpg

IMG-4424.jpg

IMG951761.jpg

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
It's def true. Greeks and Romans mastered anatomy to the levels that wasn't seen. They took what the Egyptians did and further expounded upon it. The Egyptians were masters of the frieze, sculptures and relief sculpture: static and kinetic. (Not to sure if the 2nd name of their sculpture is kinetic. Been forever since I talked about sculpture lol).

Realism is eurocentric and it's takes away from the true genesis of art. I can do realism and hyperrealism is a waste of time because you are literally a walking camera. Outside of the technical skill, it's seen as nothing more than a "oh he can draw!!!" it's not eye catching because it looks like a damn photograph. The subject was the art and you copied.

The 1st piece is in the NOMA permanent art collection in New Orleans, LA...I think this is theColi 1st artist to be in a prestigious museum. I did it. We did it!

Now geaux look at hyperrealism. If you put their work next to mine, my abstraction would draw you in because it looks like fine art. Not that a hyperrealism painting isn't fine art...you would just think it's a photograph and dismiss the artistic nature as valuable until you realized that it isn't a photograph.
First off congrats

Second this is one of the silliest, bourgeoisie takes I’ve ever seen. It’s not just technical skill .So composition, movement, lighting, color choice don’t matter?

Photography isn’t simply replication. You crop out things the human eye would see to make the photograph better, so even in hyper realism, the editing matters.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
First off congrats

Second this is one of the silliest, bourgeoisie takes I’ve ever seen. It’s not just technical skill .So composition, movement, lighting, color choice don’t matter?

Photography isn’t simply replication. You crop out things the human eye would see to make the photograph better, so even in hyper realism, the editing matters.
Those are elements and principals of art. It's always gonna be there cause hyperrealism is ART. I never denied this. But hyperrealism and realism is in fact technical. And photography is replication...the muse is the art you just took a picture of it. And besides in 2023 most photographers don't even develop their own film or even use a 35mm camera. So they lose that component of traditional photography. I have talks with photographers all the time about cellphones taking away from their craft. But that's another debate. And if I'm sit and edit a picture..I may as well just painted it or draw so I can recreate it.

The more you take out the humanity in art, the less it becomes art. It becomes mechanical, which isn't human. The process of making art should be human as much as possible.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Halim Flowers and I both started our careers at the same time. So I literally came up with him. Met up in NOLA in 2020. And we both collabed on this piece. He was the 1st person I ever collabed with. Dude is a humble and chill breh. Glad I can say he is in my mythos and history.

20200926-213714.jpg

20200926-213649.jpg

20200926-210602.jpg

IMG-0804.jpg

IMG-4425.jpg

IMG-4424.jpg

IMG951761.jpg

That's dope breh! Love his work too but it was a small exhibition so didn't get to see that much, hadn't been through the whole thread yet, your stuff goes hard too :ohhh: you got an insta or something to follow you?

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
That's dope breh! Love his work too but it was a small exhibition so didn't get to see that much, hadn't been through the whole thread yet, your stuff goes hard too :ohhh: you got an insta or something to follow you?
Yep. Preciate it!!! IG@ King_Kamala61

Halim just created some dope work too. He posted on his IG.