How Will Sony Recover?

Jazzy Jay

The Gawd
Daps
Reppin
The A
Sony needs to reach out to Google for their OS for PS4. Seriously, a PlayStation with Google integration would be a good look. MS is not going to lose to Sony in software... They need help

This is only only good option for Sony, get that Google partnership. The Sony Tablet S is an android tablet running psx games and they have those android gaming phones, so they could do it with the console as well.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stop stanning and look at reality.

None of those games that Sony has outside of Gran Turismo and maybe God of War brings people to the Sony side of things. I'm going to get Last of Us and Beyond, but what people do you know is going to do that that doesn't already have a PS3? This year, the best selling exclusive between Microsoft and Sony is going to be Halo 4. Hell, that might outsell all of Sony's PS3 output this year.

Sony is never going to get their brand recognition back. They've gone from a company that made their own exotic hardware (PS1, PS2 & PS3) to off the shelf parts (Vita & PS4) Their design isn't inherently theirs any longer. When Ken Kutaragi left Sony, the soul left too. They don't have a vision anymore. Honestly, what exactly is their vision for the Playstation Vita? They clearly don't have one. They are selling to people that have PS3s. That is bad, they sold less than 50k Vitas last month. Already out the gate looking :flabbynsick: I bought one first day.

I get all consoles but with with hardware looking the same since they are virtually using the same vendors, it is software that will separate everyone. Microsoft is selling Windows 8 for $39.99. They aren't bullshytting anymore. The Next Xbox is going to have around 2GB for its own OS reserved. Xbox 360 has 32MB for the OS. This upcoming gen is for all the marbles and Sony does not have the money nor what is needed to compete. Microsoft is going to be the resounding winner in next gen. Sony lost the plot some years ago, Microsoft took and ran. They aren't giving it back.

Everything you said is conjecture. Uncharted series has sold to date more than 13 million alone. every ps3 exclusive sells a million a piece. Nobody in the real world cares about halo no more except fans. Its been 5 years since a proper halo, reach wasn't really halo. Like my friend said above make online multilayer free on xbox and make everything else cost and watch M$ crumble to the ground.

M$ needs to stick to makingoperating systems. Their OS is crappy compared to linux/mac os.

The kinect also was a sheepish gimmick that brought nothing to the table. all of it's "features" were not needed for real gamers. You guys are streaming/subscription paying zombies with no backbone.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
The profit margin on a lot of ps3s exclusive titles are borderline embarrassin considering they're exclusive...sony might have to cut back some in that division. it's not worth it shelling out 30-50 million dollars to get such a small return.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Everything you said is conjecture. Uncharted series has sold to date more than 13 million alone. every ps3 exclusive sells a million a piece. Nobody in the real world cares about halo no more except fans. Its been 5 years since a proper halo, reach wasn't really halo. Like my friend said above make online multilayer free on xbox and make everything else cost and watch M$ crumble to the ground.

M$ needs to stick to makingoperating systems. Their OS is crappy compared to linux/mac os.

The kinect also was a sheepish gimmick that brought nothing to the table. all of it's "features" were not needed for real gamers. You guys are streaming/subscription paying zombies with no backbone.

which is terrible, garbage ass fable 3 sold 5 million copies alone :damn:, ps3 has an terrible system to game attachment rate.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The profit margin on a lot of ps3s exclusive titles are borderline embarrassin considering they're exclusive...sony might have to cut back some in that division. it's not worth it shelling out 30-50 million dollars to get such a small return.
Nah jokes aside I agree. Games like resistance and killzome needs to get back to the drawing board. M$ got the game on lock when it comes to marketing. I mean they had halo playing at the imax before batman came on.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sony needs to reach out to Google for their OS for PS4. Seriously, a PlayStation with Google integration would be a good look. MS is not going to lose to Sony in software... They need help

yup was going to mention this earlier sony neeeds to get that going with GSDG amd offer a onlive/ windows game type of deal where you can run your games across the ps4,tablet and smartphone that would be a good start ( and also be able to use your tablet/phone to control the ps4 )next allow the ability to run SOME android/google apps from the ps3 game wise also fix up that dam bootleg motion gaming deparement and the killer would be if they could get some Google Fiber running on there. Sony is fine in the game department we all know that , but they need to be a bit more appealing

MS is way ahead of the game at this point i never cop consolse on launch all my console have been bough 1-2 yrs after they drop but this next xbox will be a first week cop if even half these rumors are tru

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Sony has a huge history of making really fukking dumb decisions and not listening to their consumer base. I hope they fukking die just for fukking up one of my favorite games of all time

256px-Star_Wars_Galaxies_Box_Art.jpg

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas

Yet this stan has a live account and is posting from a Windows machine. :troll:

Justice

pathogen
Daps
I just realized that I don't own any Sony products anymore.

I really, really wanted to buy a Vita but Sony gimped it by using a special kind of proprietary memory card and pricing them absurdly high compared to the rest of the market so that made the decision to pass it up a lot easier. I might have overlooked that if they got everything else right but I still don't fully understand the status of downloadable games and things like crossplay (seems like some but not all) on there either so... :manny:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sony makes great hardware, if they get down with GSDG it would be a GREAT look.

:ahh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yet this stan has a live account and is posting from a Windows machine. :troll:

Who doesn't have a live account? It only makes seeing how the nonsense on there is easier and no I posted from a phone and I have macbuntu 11.04 at home boy.
I hardly ever use windows 7. Windows sucks and this is coming from a guy who fixes the bullshyt all the time, I get paid to fix M$ fukked up stuff.

Try again. Face it breh, I don't suck microsoft's dikk like yall funboys do :troll:

yall can continue with yall therapy session, fukking fakkits.:birdman:

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Its no secret I lean toward sony but I don't root for the downfall of the others because I know that nothing good comes from lack of competition.

Sony is not going to drop out of the hardware race because as it stands today Playstation is the only relevant thing Sony produces....It wouldn't make sense for them.

Gamers should have options.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Its no secret I lean toward sony but I don't root for the downfall of the others because I know that nothing good comes from lack of competition.

Sony is not going to drop out of the hardware race because as it stands today Playstation is the only relevant thing Sony produces....It wouldn't make sense for them.

Gamers should have options.

considering this thread was made by a xbox stan with opinions from xbots im surprised it went on for this long. Sony just brought gaikai 2 months ago away as well. Sony has plans and will come back crush the buildings :mj: