How Will Sony Recover?

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Oh yeah. That is hilarious because the PS2 only did everything wrong.

1.)Disc read error was so widespread that they sold over 100 million because of it. Got sued worldwide and lost worldwide. You choose to not remember, and...

2.) Sony stans love to say Microsoft buys studios or pays for exclusives, that's what Sony did hardcore during that era. You remember Capcom dominating under Sony money hatting The rights. Why you think Microsoft then secured Dead Rising or dino crisis 3. Why you think Sony recovered and took street fighter 5 off the table???

If I'm wrong, name the Sony made exclusives from that era, I'll wait.

Meanwhile MULTIPLAT games were not even close to being identical. Systems today are close in terms of power, the Xbox was a bigger upgrade over the PS2 than the one x is over the xb1.

I DARE YOU TO SAY THAT'S NOT TRUE.:popcorn:

Have you played Max Payne or Splinter Cell online? Sony version didn't even have online but that's just the tip. Actually graphics looked night and day different. Xbox was literally a PC, Microsoft lost money on every og Xbox but that was the plan to get into the door
Ya so anyway, the ps2s library was godly. If you wanna talk hardware failures you shouldnt throw stones from glass houses considering the 360s red ring of death. The @Fatboi1 ps2 had nowhere near that level of hardware failure.

You tell a pretty cool story tho. Hey, you got a link to your cool story so i can download it to my Kindle? Thanks Craig.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Ya so anyway, the ps2s library was godly. If you wanna talk hardware failures you shouldnt throw stones from glass houses considering the 360s red ring of death. The @Fatboi1 ps2 had nowhere near that level of hardware failure.

You tell a pretty cool story tho. Hey, you got a link to your cool story so i can download it to my Kindle? Thanks Craig.
That clown probably confusing the ps2 with the OG playstation 1.. I dont recall ever seeing any disc read errors with the 2

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The PS2 not reading blue back disc was a HUGE problem. I worked at GameStop at the time and people use to call in, complain, and ask for returns none stop.

Anyone who bought OG playstation 2s knows the struggle. The only saving grace is that you could do things to make it work. Aka tape and adjusting the laser, or just try over and over and hope it catches.

With the RROD there was nothing.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The PS2 not reading blue back disc was a HUGE problem. I worked at GameStop at the time and people use to call in, complain, and ask for returns none stop.

Anyone who bought OG playstation 2s knows the struggle. The only saving grace is that you could do things to make it work. Aka tape and adjusting the laser, or just try over and over and hope it catches.

there was the towel trick where you overheated the drive and it would work for like an hour if you were lucky.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

I remember that issue with the blue disc. I remember getting contra shattered soldier for Christmas one year and the shyt just wouldn't read in my ps2 because it was a blue disc. We also had tekken tag which had a blue disc and wouldn't read. One day like 6 months later my brother figured out that our ps2 would only read blue disc when standing vertically.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stop stanning and look at reality.

None of those games that Sony has outside of Gran Turismo and maybe God of War brings people to the Sony side of things. I'm going to get Last of Us and Beyond, but what people do you know is going to do that that doesn't already have a PS3? This year, the best selling exclusive between Microsoft and Sony is going to be Halo 4. Hell, that might outsell all of Sony's PS3 output this year.

Sony is never going to get their brand recognition back. They've gone from a company that made their own exotic hardware (PS1, PS2 & PS3) to off the shelf parts (Vita & PS4) Their design isn't inherently theirs any longer. When Ken Kutaragi left Sony, the soul left too. They don't have a vision anymore. Honestly, what exactly is their vision for the Playstation Vita? They clearly don't have one. They are selling to people that have PS3s. That is bad, they sold less than 50k Vitas last month. Already out the gate looking :flabbynsick: I bought one first day.

I get all consoles but with with hardware looking the same since they are virtually using the same vendors, it is software that will separate everyone. Microsoft is selling Windows 8 for $39.99. They aren't bullshytting anymore. The Next Xbox is going to have around 2GB for its own OS reserved. Xbox 360 has 32MB for the OS. This upcoming gen is for all the marbles and Sony does not have the money nor what is needed to compete. Microsoft is going to be the resounding winner in next gen. Sony lost the plot some years ago, Microsoft took and ran. They aren't giving it back.
What in thee entire fukk was this nikka talking about? :mjlol:

These dudes are THEE definition of LOUD AND WRONG personified.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
In my defense, I didn't know Dan Mattrick was a double agent sent to destroy gaming at Xbox. Overall, I still feel my thoughts are correct because you'll never convince me that the world's largest software developer wouldn't be able to figure gaming out. This is where we are now. It's the Satya/Spencer era.
my man wrong twice :mjlol: