How Will Sony Recover?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The thing is this, they make a good product. But nobody pays premium anymore for a GOOD product. It's either gotta be marketed as some next level, gotta have, piece of the future (as Apple does) as well as back that claim UP (as Apple does) Sony could easily outsell the likes of Hp, Toshiba, and Asus in the PC market if they put their prices in a respectable range. People would RATHER purchase a Sony as the name still has merit, but Sony is of the opinion that that merit is more valuable than it is, which is where their laughably wrong. If Sony's PC's were both expensive AND shytty quality (like their phones:shaq2:) I'd say they need to quit, but their problem in that market as well as the Television market isnt quality so much as out pricing themselves out of the everyday consumers wallet.

NOBODY is going to sell technology at a premium these days except Apple. The industry needs to accept that and quit trying to compete. Do you know that Sony's initial plan to combat the iPad was the Sony Daily Edition E-reader?:comeon: they ACTUALLY wanted us to sell customers on this black& white e-ink device that couldn't browse the Internet, didn't have an app store, and a 5 inch screen was going to go up against the fukking IPAD!!??!?? The shyt was crazy.....

:merchant:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sony is clearly stretching themselves too thin, I think they need to get out of the phone and PC game, streamline their lineup somehow.

This.

Computer and mobile phone divisions need to get thrown in the bushes :birdman:

Sent From My Nexus S 4G nikka!

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing is this, they make a good product. But nobody pays premium anymore for a GOOD product. It's either gotta be marketed as some next level, gotta have, piece of the future (as Apple does) as well as back that claim UP (as Apple does) Sony could easily outsell the likes of Hp, Toshiba, and Asus in the PC market if they put their prices in a respectable range. People would RATHER purchase a Sony as the name still has merit, but Sony is of the opinion that that merit is more valuable than it is, which is where their laughably wrong. If Sony's PC's were both expensive AND shytty quality (like their phones:shaq2:) I'd say they need to quit, but their problem in that market as well as the Television market isnt quality so much as out pricing themselves out of the everyday consumers wallet.

NOBODY is going to sell technology at a premium these days except Apple. The industry needs to accept that and quit trying to compete. Do you know that Sony's initial plan to combat the iPad was the Sony Daily Edition E-reader?:comeon: they ACTUALLY wanted us to sell customers on this black& white e-ink device that couldn't browse the Internet, didn't have an app store, and a 5 inch screen was going to go up against the fukking IPAD!!??!?? The shyt was crazy.....
I love sony... But you right I look at all they specs and they don't match the price so I go to another brand. Then them constantly backing losing specs like move :flabbynsick: then letting the ps3 be overpriced for years while saying they underpricing it :snoop: they too arrogant probably going to drop ps4 at 700. Even Nintendo dropped the 3ds prices , vita needs a price drop and a aaa game for Xmas season .

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
it's always something else that Sony is coming out with and they're not sticking to what they know as someone else said

I love Sony products, always have, when I was a kid my pops' go to brand was Sony and their top of the line series'

I inherited that trait and now everything I own except my cellphone is Sony branded. top of the line products as well, they need to straighten up and fix themselves especially in the bullshyt recession that America's currently facing

I'll always be a Sony stan tho, just love everything about their products

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I said it on the podcast a couple of times sony needs to drop out of the portable gaming arena, the O.G PSP was a once in a life time thing. They need to stick to TV's and the PS console. They also need to fix up there online system. shyt could be a money maker people are willing to pay for a high quality service.

Other than that they just need to tred lightly , go back to the drawing boards with there phones , tablets and laptops

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I said it on the podcast a couple of times sony needs to drop out of the portable gaming arena, the O.G PSP was a once in a life time thing. They need to stick to TV's and the PS console. They also need to fix up there online system. shyt could be a money maker people are willing to pay for a high quality service.

Other than that they just need to tred lightly , go back to the drawing boards with there phones , tablets and laptops

The vita does what the 360 does online for free so no, no need to make online a toll.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Sony never adapted back in the day folks had no problem paying more for a Sony Bravia or Sony ericcson phone or a Sony vaio laptop or a Sony poit and shoot camera with a Carl zeiss lens folks would be like damn Sony your balling.

They looked down at others while maintaining this smug attitude with their overpriced stuff

Then companies like lg and Samsung stepped up in the tv department, Microsoft bodies them in sales for next gen ish
Vita flopped as folks dont want to pay 250 for portable gaming anymore. Even there micro third cameras are so expensive compared to Panasonic, Olympus etc

Sony didn't release a netbook to capture that market before it was to late and same with a tablet and when they released them both, both were overpriced

Who the hell would pay 600 for a Sony tablet over a iPad.

They still hVw premium prices on their tvs and laptops an their crummy cameras

The only reason I'd cop their next system is if it's cheap and online is free