How Will Sony Recover?

Economics

There is always tradeoffs
Daps
"I have no concerns about the competition."
- Phil Harrison, president of Sony Worldwide Studios speaking at the Game Developer Conference

"I don’t think we’re arrogant."
– Phil Harrison, regarding consumer perception of Sony

:heh:

I knew they were doing bad financially but haven't examined them in a while but re-looking at their income statement and balance sheet is :huhldup:

Sony (NYSE:SNE) Credit Rating Put on Review for Possible Downgrade by Standard & Poor

They do for another downgrade by S&P on their debt.

Financial Statements for Sony Corporation (ADR) - Google Finance

They seeing deep red while racking up more long term liabilities. It does seem like a RIMM situation to whoever said that. In the 90s, Sony could do no wrong the market is brutal if you slip up :wow:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
What a ridiculous amount of arrogant quotes. They deserve this shyt. Can't believe some of the sh!t I'm reading.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In the future, its about software services. Microsoft is a software company, Sony is a hardware company. Sony has no real role in the future of gaming.

That doesn't make any goddamn sense.

Sony will continue to make GAMING hardware regardless. It may not be on some M$ teaming up with cable companies but it's better because some experiences are simply not to be found on M$ Xbox.
Experiences such as Uncharted, Last of Us, MGS4, God of war etc. Sony is in the vanguard of excellent exclusive gaming experiences.

I will however say that M$ have subjugated everyone else in terms of overall software packages but elsewhere Sony is there.

Best gaming hardware, exclusive content, and free online to back that up. That's grade A gaming right then and there.

I can understand saying M$ will have the edge on software since that's what it primarily does but to say sony has no future in the role of gaming is a blatant lie.

What M$ is doing is trying to capture non gamers to get their system(hardware) to use said software.

It seems ostensible that M$ has the upper hand here overall but it's really flawed when you look at it. M$ doesn't have ALL the big name first party studios under it's belt to satisfy ALL gamers.

That's why it's silly to assume that a sony-less future would be better, this is straight up fanboy jargon. :pacspit:

I will work more hours to buy the PS4. :troll:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
MS marketing was brilliant this Gen.

PS3's price point killed them period. End of story. It was Hands down the biggest factor even though with Live most ended up paying more to play their 360! :heh:

And :childplease: at there being no PS4. The PlayStation division is one of Sony's few money making sectors right now.

I still :snoop: at how MS have conned y'all into thinking that paying for online multiplayer is cool.
fukk outta here. You give these companies an inch and they take a mile. I respect the PC bruhs who gave MS the :rudy: on that Windows Live trash. At least they aren't gullible ...

Sent From My Nexus S 4G nikka!

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
MS marketing was brilliant this Gen.

PS3's price point killed them period. End of story. It was Hands down the biggest factor even though with Live most ended up paying more to play their 360! :heh:

And :childplease: at there being no PS4. The PlayStation division is one of Sony's few money making sectors right now.

I still :snoop: at how MS have conned y'all into thinking that paying for online multiplayer is cool.
fukk outta here. You give these companies an inch and they take a mile. I respect the PC bruhs who gave MS the :rudy: on that Windows Live trash. At least they aren't gullible ...

What you fail to realize is that people are willing to pay for a compelling product. And Xbox live is worth it to many folk.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
What you fail to realize is that people are willing to pay for a compelling product. And Xbox live is worth it to many folk.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but cats know no better.

Separate the online from the other perks of Live and make online free and see how many people pay.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
sony should sell its gaming division to nintendo...that would be dope

honestly we need less consoles...

Uncharted and God of war on a next gen nintendo is gully

Daps
Reppin
St louis

Sony will continue to make GAMING hardware regardless. It may not be on some M$ teaming up with cable companies but it's better because some experiences are simply not to be found on M$ Xbox.
Experiences such as Uncharted, Last of Us, MGS4, God of war etc. Sony is in the vanguard of excellent exclusive gaming experiences.

I will however say that M$ have subjugated everyone else in terms of overall software packages but elsewhere Sony is there.

Best gaming hardware, exclusive content, and free online to back that up. That's grade A gaming right then and there.

I can understand saying M$ will have the edge on software since that's what it primarily does but to say sony has no future in the role of gaming is a blatant lie.

What M$ is doing is trying to capture non gamers to get their system(hardware) to use said software.

It seems ostensible that M$ has the upper hand here overall but it's really flawed when you look at it. M$ doesn't have ALL the big name first party studios under it's belt to satisfy ALL gamers.

That's why it's silly to assume that a sony-less future would be better, this is straight up fanboy jargon. :pacspit:

I know your soul has smoke coming off of it...
a0yqua.jpg

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I dont ever want to see sony lose and they never will. PS2 was such a hit that sony being even with the competition is now considered losing. PS3 is the greatest system this gen minus party chat and in game soundtracks. Outside of that my xbox is collecting dust.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

Stop stanning and look at reality.

None of those games that Sony has outside of Gran Turismo and maybe God of War brings people to the Sony side of things. I'm going to get Last of Us and Beyond, but what people do you know is going to do that that doesn't already have a PS3? This year, the best selling exclusive between Microsoft and Sony is going to be Halo 4. Hell, that might outsell all of Sony's PS3 output this year.

Sony is never going to get their brand recognition back. They've gone from a company that made their own exotic hardware (PS1, PS2 & PS3) to off the shelf parts (Vita & PS4) Their design isn't inherently theirs any longer. When Ken Kutaragi left Sony, the soul left too. They don't have a vision anymore. Honestly, what exactly is their vision for the Playstation Vita? They clearly don't have one. They are selling to people that have PS3s. That is bad, they sold less than 50k Vitas last month. Already out the gate looking :flabbynsick: I bought one first day.

I get all consoles but with with hardware looking the same since they are virtually using the same vendors, it is software that will separate everyone. Microsoft is selling Windows 8 for $39.99. They aren't bullshytting anymore. The Next Xbox is going to have around 2GB for its own OS reserved. Xbox 360 has 32MB for the OS. This upcoming gen is for all the marbles and Sony does not have the money nor what is needed to compete. Microsoft is going to be the resounding winner in next gen. Sony lost the plot some years ago, Microsoft took and ran. They aren't giving it back.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Stop stanning and look at reality.

None of those games that Sony has outside of Gran Turismo and maybe God of War brings people to the Sony side of things. I'm going to get Last of Us and Beyond, but what people do you know is going to do that that doesn't already have a PS3? This year, the best selling exclusive between Microsoft and Sony is going to be Halo 4. Hell, that might outsell all of Sony's PS3 output this year.

Sony is never going to get their brand recognition back. They've gone from a company that made their own exotic hardware (PS1, PS2 & PS3) to off the shelf parts (Vita & PS4) Their design isn't inherently theirs any longer. When Ken Kutaragi left Sony, the soul left too. They don't have a vision anymore. Honestly, what exactly is their vision for the Playstation Vita? They clearly don't have one. They are selling to people that have PS3s. That is bad, they sold less than 50k Vitas last month. Already out the gate looking :flabbynsick: I bought one first day.

I get all consoles but with with hardware looking the same since they are virtually using the same vendors, it is software that will separate everyone. Microsoft is selling Windows 8 for $39.99. They aren't bullshytting anymore. The Next Xbox is going to have around 2GB for its own OS reserved. Xbox 360 has 32MB for the OS. This upcoming gen is for all the marbles and Sony does not have the money nor what is needed to compete. Microsoft is going to be the resounding winner in next gen. Sony lost the plot some years ago, Microsoft took and ran. They aren't giving it back.

a0yqua.jpg

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sony needs to reach out to Google for their OS for PS4. Seriously, a PlayStation with Google integration would be a good look. MS is not going to lose to Sony in software... They need help