How to go to the movies by yourself

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I usually see a lot of movies more than once and because the people I go with tend to be the annoying moviegoer who talks too much, eats too loudly or just annoys the fukk out of me, I will usually see a movie I really want to see alone first so that other people's behavior doesn't bother as much.

And then there are times when I just have a spur of the moment desire to see a movie and will roll out solo regardless of what time it is...10 in the a.m. or a midnight showing, doesn't matter to me. But that is because I don't have kids or a spouse I need to make arrangements around.

EdJo

Banned
Daps
I am passionate about movies, i believe i go to the movie theaters almost every week. And if you love movies, there is nothing better than going alone. Specially during the week...No noise, no questions, just peace and the plot...

I went to see "A Quiet Place" alone, and it was one of the best movie experiences i had in the past years.

Who created this idea that you are supposed to go to the movie theater with company?????

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am passionate about movies, i believe i go to the movie theaters almost every week. And if you love movies, there is nothing better than going alone. Specially during the week...No noise, no questions, just peace and the plot...

I went to see "A Quiet Place" alone, and it was one of the best movie experiences i had in the past years.

Who created this idea that you are supposed to go to the movie theater with company?????
Movie theaters and movie companies to increase profits.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
OP .. i used to have anxiety issues.. but then as life progressed and i got more and more successful I discovered they were jealous of me more than i was scared of what they thought about me. So i learned to say F them .. Im the man... its like that NAS line on you gotta love it..

Now back in the hood, certain cats, they wanna kill me
They ice grill me, but on the low, nikkas feel me
You gotta love it, you gotta love it

As for movies.. I got a wife and 4 kids.. if i dont sneak out to go by myself i would never go... i need to alonem e time..

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I have always enjoyed going by myself, since I was maybe 14 or so, and I have ever since. I saw about 40 movies last year by myself, I like the solitude and the reflection, the movie theater is one of the places I feel centered, whether the indie place, or the luxury one. I also don't really care to go with someone who isn't as interested as I am, afterwards I will want to discuss and analyze, and most people, just don't do that. They just say "Oh, that was good", and take out their phone. I have no use for that.

I think it's more weird to go with someone for no reason other than not wanting to be by yourself. I saw Tag last week, and these tacky people in front of me, were doing the whole "big date night" with a bottle of champagne, and ordering all kinds of food, on like a Monday. I thought they looked ridiculous. But, I promise they walked out of that movie, and not a word was said about it.

Every once in awhile I'll get an invite from a woman, mostly, that I will accept, or I will ask someone. Book Club lol was one.

Jefe Blanco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I've never understood the negative stigma with going to the movies alone. People go to peep the movie not the people watching it. Just chill and enjoy yourself.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I go alone after work at night. Saw avengers and Jurassic World recently. I like it better that way. Not like I even notice who else is in the theatre. Besides I'm paying ten bucks a month for this movie pass. Might as well get my money's worth. I don't mind going with someone else but working evenings, I'm usually not free until late evening so I don't mind going alone. I have been to restaurants by myself plenty of times as well. Especially if it's something like waiting for my car at the mechanic or any other time I need to kill time. I'm usually entertained by my phone or if there's a game on to care. I'm not antisocial but some people just talk too damn much so I be like, maybe I'll just go alone this time.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
How when a person like me has no friends and I don't want to do the awkward walk in and out of the theatre?
GrotesqueFluffyDiplodocus.gif

I do this all the Time, more so because I use Movies as a Personal Getaway from the real world. I get lost in the Story for a couple of Hours, turn my Brain off and my Phone 9n Silent. Who cares who sees you Enter alone or Exit alone?