How to go to the movies by yourself

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I go to the flix alone alot and im pretty POPULAAAAAAAR!

*50 Cent voice
:pachaha:

Nah. Sometimes i just wanna be high and left alone.
I send my girl to my bedroom all the time cause she talks too goddamn much.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Me too I go alone all the time. But how do you cope with the embarrassment of going in getting your popcorn and drink for 1, and also getting your tickets ripped and the worker asks, just you? Then you have to walk out alone quickly so no one sees you just saw a movie alone?
What kind of worker does that? :picard:

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
At the movies no one is watching you

I like to go in the afternoon when it's almost like your own theater

At this point in my life I have realized most people have no lives so they talk about surface level shyt like movies with this current era you don't even have to watch the movie to know the movie and I try to avoid people like that

Don't know where you live but you got to try the Alamo Drafthouse theater it's top notch with the food they deliver to your seat

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Why is a movie ok to go to dolo, but not a restaurant?

I do both by myself :manny:

But for movies you're just watching the movie, not really socializing.

For the restaurant you're gong for food but there's also a social element to it.

I like to try out different restaurants and sometimes I don't have time to wait for people. I'll simply go to a place for one and get a private booth or sit at the bar :manny:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ultimately homie, no one cares. So do you. If someone is at the movie theater and paying more attn to who you’re with than the movie, that says more about them than you.

Now if you’ve got anxiety issues I can see why it would bug you out. But just relax, chill, and remember no one is too worried about what the next person is doing. Go and enjoy yourself and if someone has a problem with it that’s on them.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My last theater experience was Hereditary which I saw solo at a theater 10 minutes nearby. It had cheaper matinee prices than the Regal by me so I decided fukk it why not. It’s in a town that’s always had a reputation for self important rednecks.

The threater was filled with diabetes, a lot of mouth breathing and utterly narrowed Christian based views of the world.

Needless to say, watching THAT film and then turning and watching their backwood bible thumping hill billy sensibilities trying to process the end of the film was worth twice the price of admission.

Going to the movies solo for me is a twofold experience a lot of the time for reasons like that

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Watching u571 in a empty dots theater at amc 42nd street was epic back in 2000.

Splashes. :wow: