How to go to the movies by yourself

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
i only ever go to the movies by myself. i dont think i've ever noticed or gave a shyt who else was there alone :dwillhuh:
a restaurant sure but a movie? you're not there to socialize :skip:
I've had this conversation with people before. I never go to a restaurant alone, but I prefer to go to movies by myself. I've learned going to the movies on a date isn't great because you can't really interact with the person you go with.

mtg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not trying to hate but this sounds very narcissistic, no one cares about you going alone. Just think the fact you think everyone is thinking about you when really everybody just thinking about whatever they're doing.

Are you an only child?

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
I used to love hitting the movies solo on Sunday afternoons when I had one down the street from me. shyt was relaxing AF

If you got anxiety, pour up :russ:

Our AMCs got bars in them bytches now

Watching Get Out alone in a theater with 6 other people in it with beers on deck is one of my favorite movie theater memories :wow:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
when i was younger i loved to smoke a blunt and head to the buffet :eat:

then i smoke another one and head to the movie theatre :popcorn:

sneak a second one if the ushers dont care:popcorn3:

who cares what people think its your life.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Seriously it's no big deal dude. I understand it's probably harder for some than others especially if you have anxiety or whatever but going to the movies alone now is common practice. Especially now that all these people got movie pass etc.

We're probably the same age. I do suffer from anxiety though.

I'm really sorry you have anxiety issues. That must be hard. I know some folks in here may sound harsh but there's good advice in their remarks too. Bottom line is really no one cares about you going alone. And you'll never interact with them anyway. Hopefully in time you will see that. It may help to take baby steps towards doing this. Like maybe go to a matinee first where there are more solo viewers. If concessions scares you, sneak in your own snacks with a backpack. You can leave right when credits come up. Keep working on it and over time you'll see it's not a big deal.