How to go to the movies by yourself

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Me too I go alone all the time. But how do you cope with the embarrassment of going in getting your popcorn and drink for 1, and also getting your tickets ripped and the worker asks, just you? Then you have to walk out alone quickly so no one sees you just saw a movie alone?

sometimes you have to not give a fukk what ppl think. sounds easier said than done but that's all there is to it. you can't miss out on things you wanna do in life because of what other ppl think. the truth is if they do judge you for going alone, they'll forget about you a minute later. it's like you seeing someone embarrassing themselves in public and you'll laugh or talk about it for a minute but forget all about it later in the day. it's the same concept. live your life.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Why is a movie ok to go to dolo, but not a restaurant?

i think the stigma of going alone anywhere isn't as bad as it was in the past. i went to a steakhouse for dinner a couple of weeks ago and saw off the top of my head at least 5 ppl eating by themselves and a couple of them were eating at the bar alone. there's too much going on in the world to worry about someone going somewhere alone. that's small and petty thinking.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I don't see the problem with going to the movies by yourself. Even if you go with someone, you're only suppose to talk to them before the trailers and after the credits.

I'm not sure if I personally would go to a blockbuster movie dolo on opening day/weekend but I'd catch an dramatic or comedy flick on the first weekend.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
recently, if i wanna see a movie badly...i see it alone within the first 2 days...usually early (no crowds) on a weekend or if i take a half day from work...if i like it enuff..ill go again with the wife but she likes going when its crowded...

going alone is relaxing to me :yeshrug:

peppe

Superstar
Daps
i go early in the morning like 11 and it's just me and e few other loners just like i like it

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Me too I go alone all the time. But how do you cope with the embarrassment of going in getting your popcorn and drink for 1, and also getting your tickets ripped and the worker asks, just you? Then you have to walk out alone quickly so no one sees you just saw a movie alone?
You worry too much about what people think. The sooner you can get past what some other lames thinks about you, the sooner you won't be as lame as those said people.

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
I’ve got a wife and very young kids. I’m big on that sci-fi/comic book movie wave. Most of the friends I have go to see movies with their kids so I roll dolo since mine are too young for most movies outside of the animated ones. What I do is go during the work day.

Ironically I’ve noticed that most of he folks there are dudes who’re trying to get away from some folks to watch a movie which is :blessed: OR have no one to watch a movie with :mjcry:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I've never gone to an actual restaurant alone. Some day I'd like to walk into a steak house and enjoy a meal by myself though. :pachaha:
I don't go to casual restaurants alone just because it gets boring waiting on your food, unless I am doing takeout. Fast food though? Yeah I'll definitely do that solo without hesitation.