How to go to the movies by yourself

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I went to the movies alone several times this year. I seen Infinity War all three times alone as well as Black Panther a few times alone. I didn't care I was alone.... but then when I walked into the theater and stood in line, I heard a few murmurs.. I looked over my shoulder and a cute Indian chick pointed at me and giggled something to her man. I look straight ahead and a crowd of teenage white kids looked at me with disgust. I promptly grabbed my ticket and walked to the theater and EVERYONE in the movies was in pairs or groups and they all were dead silent. I got to the theater room and the ticket guy asked me if I'm alone. I said yes and he said.. "really? :skip: ........

:deadrose:"

He didn't even give me the ticket back. He just kept laughing. I walked into the theater quickly to save myself from further embarrassment and quickly blended into the crowd. Someone noticed this and said "Yo that nikka alone wtf? LOL look at this lonely ass nikka ole lemme go take a walk on the wild side ass nikka" and the theater ERUPTED with :dead: ::laff:. I just put my hood over my head and watched the movie. At the end of the movie I got a refund for my experience and the guy at the counter said breh don't ever do that again wtf is wrong with you? Now I will never go back alone. Don't go alone breh you life will be ruined.

are you for real???:heh:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I go to solo movies weekly now that I have movie pass.
When I first got movie pass I was watching 3-4 a week solo

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
Going to a bar alone can be strange at first, you gotta know how to jump in the right conversations or if u see a female checking you, make a few comments and spark shyt from there. Or just get your drink and chill....But the movies???? come on now it aint even a social event, u supposed to be quiete the whole time anyway, who gives a fukk what people think anyways. Most people are fake and only worried about themselves anyway.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I much prefer to go to the movies by myself unless one of my friends that are really into filmmaking tags along because we can engage on the themes, script, etc.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Go at a low-attendance time if it bugs you that much. I missed a flight one day and went to see a flick by myself. Didn't feel embarrassing at all.

It was a weekday morning or early afternoon. Maybe a handful of people in there.

Tug life

I stay fly like a guillemot
Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
Im a filmmaker myself, so i like to go see art house style films and most people i know dont want to go see that. :yeshrug: I go to the movies every single week by myself and never gave thought to what people would think about me. Plus going to see a movie in a empty theater :ohlawd: have you feeling like a celebrity

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Back when i was in DC, I used to hit the Regal downtown all the time when I had a day off. Catch a movie then go to the Barnes & Noble on 12th street after to cop a book or walk on the Mall for a minute. Best way to chill out and relax my mind. Nobody cares that you're going to the movies alone breh.

Daps
Think of it like this, they probably think the person you came with is in the bathroom or they went to sit down before. To be honest nobody gives a fukk. I do it all the time. I eat at restaurants dolo too:pachaha:

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well i thought the problem with this is if you run into people you know and youre alone...

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I PREFER GOING ALONE!!!!!

That shyt is relaxing and I’m on my own time.

I go to the theater with assigned seats so I know I’m sitting by myself. I sneak in a snack and sometimes an adult bevy.

Nobody has ever looked at me funny.

Yall gotta stop getting in your own heads and just live your life.

Women love a lone wolf with confidence. Love it.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Me too I go alone all the time. But how do you cope with the embarrassment of going in getting your popcorn and drink for 1, and also getting your tickets ripped and the worker asks, just you? Then you have to walk out alone quickly so no one sees you just saw a movie alone?
Just get in line behind a black family, everyone will assume ya'll together. Purchase your tickets online so you don't have to buy a ticket for 1 at the counter.
Buying popcorn and drinks alone usually happens even when you are there with people anyways. I've never had a group of people go to the concessions together.