How much trouble is Sony really in?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The rest of the planet does not fukk with Xbox like that. Dunno why yall can't get this thru yall Skull :russ:
Nadella is clearly all in on gaming. This is the first time in Xbox history that the company has been all in on Xbox. They have the full muscle of a $1.8 trillion dollar company behind them. I would expect them to be far more competitive this go round. The rest of the world didn’t mess with Xbox when the 360 did as well as it did either.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony just being Sony, it's nothing new.

They have truly never been consumer friendly, they just had what you wanted as a gamer.

Nintendo is very similar in that regards, however they quality of gaming and hardware and dedication to games being "fun" 1st and foremost makes it ok for me.

Microsoft has been in the weird space where they don't really have an identity, they've gone for most powerful and media center and none of it has really stuck, but one thing they have always been is very consumer friendly and transparent. They've kind of been the shooter and sports system but you need more than that to win on a world wide scale.

Right now, they are currently...

The Premium experience.
The best value
The best online and cloud experience
The best play to play older games

That's heavy. Once these 1st party exclusives start rolling out it's going to be even harder for sony to catch up this gen. (as far as what they offer and ecosystem)

Sony's whole bag was exclusives, once that starts to get dicey the marketcap changes. Currently Sony is just being exposed more so than it probably ever has to the masses that they actually don't really care about there consumers as much as microsoft. Which is only happening because there is no huge 1st party game to distract people from the details.

Sony isn't in trouble of crumbling, if push comes to shove they can always double down on the japan market. But by the end of this generation I expect it to be much closer to the ps3 and 360 run

goatmane

Veteran
Daps

SONY NEEDS AN ANSWER TO GAMEPASS:damn:

:mjcry: how will sony survive :to:

Xbox Series X vs PS5 sales figures: Switch beating Sony and Microsoft next-gen machines

According to VGChartz, the PS5 has so far sold during its lifetime 6.29million consoles - with the Xbox Series X selling just over four million. The PS5 is the fastest-selling games console in US history.

This is after four total months on the market, ranked by the total dollar sales that the console has accumulated in the time on the market so far. That's a pretty astounding feat, especially for a console launching amidst a global pandemic.

Elsewhere, VGChartz estimated figures say in the week leading to March 13 the PS5 has been outperforming the Xbox Series X and S in all regions around the world - with the biggest leads in Europe and Asia, with the gap closer in the Americas and Oceania.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Sony is not in trouble.

They will still have a healthy portion of the consumer base this gen.

The only ones in trouble are the trolls and stans who see the tables balancing a bit and are just going to look silly clutching at straws in attempts to troll msft.

This will be a great gen for the sony and Msft consumers who just want to enjoy their respective consoles.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Xbox Series X vs PS5 sales figures: Switch beating Sony and Microsoft next-gen machines

According to VGChartz, the PS5 has so far sold during its lifetime 6.29million consoles - with the Xbox Series X selling just over four million. The PS5 is the fastest-selling games console in US history.

This is after four total months on the market, ranked by the total dollar sales that the console has accumulated in the time on the market so far. That's a pretty astounding feat, especially for a console launching amidst a global pandemic.

Elsewhere, VGChartz estimated figures say in the week leading to March 13 the PS5 has been outperforming the Xbox Series X and S in all regions around the world - with the biggest leads in Europe and Asia, with the gap closer in the Americas and Oceania.
Xbox Game Pass subscribers hit 18 million

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Nadella is clearly all in on gaming. This is the first time in Xbox history that the company has been all in on Xbox. They have the full muscle of a $1.8 trillion dollar company behind them. I would expect them to be far more competitive this go round. The rest of the world didn’t mess with Xbox when the 360 did as well as it did either.

And that's exactly why the PS3 surpassed them.

Can't even say Japan either. It's literally the entire planet.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Yup.

The Financials >>>>> internet stans with agendas.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Don’t think “trouble” is the operative word, but they are probably gonna have to evolve their strategy going forward. People consume games in a much different way than they did PS3 gen. Sony gotta step into the future

VR, Shareplay, PS NOW show that they are

They need to better push and utilize PS Now and push VR even more. Especially in their international markets where they have no competition

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony is going to lose market cap, aka dominance, aka consumers. If they don't hit with some mega hype exclusives soon.

(gow5 and horzion would literally shut all this xbox momentum down)

They aren't in trouble, but it could lead to there downfall in the long run... talking like 2 gen's from now. So no time soon.

Could it happen quicker? sure, but I think the playstation crew at sony is really savvy so as long as there hands aren't tied they should be fine.

However the playstation has made it's name off, hype, being the "cool" system to own and exclusives. That's a easy pillar to lose with competition moving correctly and a hard one to build back up.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I was sketched this. Simplified but my point will come across all the same.

1617413985191383-0.png

Top square is gaming right now, more or less. The bottom is the reality that Microsoft is trying to create. Question is can they get there. That is what they are hellbent in doing. Can they make it, ultimately, I believe that they can. For the past few generations, the statistics have borne out that for the venn diagram for gamers that get the God of wars, uncharteds, last of us and other first party single player games is not that large. 115 million ps4s sold, 20 million copies of Spiderman sold. My point is that a lot of owners that have Spiderman also have the aforementioned games too, thus leaving around 95 million people to play other games or who isn't invested in most of Sony offerings if at all but just get consoles for other games like previously for yakuza or other Japanese games for example, or simply gta and/or call of duty. Taking that 95 million, plus the other platforms that have users that play games that don't typical come to console, while poaching some of Sony and Nintendos exclusive fan base. Crusader kings 3 was day one on Gamepass, a huge pc game for example. Basically, Sony is going to look up, if they already haven't and go :ohhh:

Thats just like Parris said on the Xcast podcast today, he doesn't think Sony can get a Gamepass like model working because they can't front the money upfront like Microsoft can. You have to lose a lot to win. Playstation makes up over 30% of all of sonys revenue. That money can't be thrown into an endless pit, hoping for something, not to mention, one is a trillion dollar company and the other is multi billion.

Overall, now that everyone has seen how Microsoft is getting down this gen, the logistics of them getting there is clear. Also, I'm about to take my victory lap here.

As I've said numerous times, battle of attrition and Google Stadia was going to be the first casualty. They saw Microsoft get Bethesda and increase the hiring at all of these studios after buying them made Google, yes Google, tuck their chain in their shirt while dipping out the backdoor. They realized early enough that they were playing footsies with gaming while Microsoft was with the shyts. After a while, you can't outrun it, it being the money. It's not like there is a magical formula to the process, it's warchest, warchest, warchest. Bullyball with the money. They could have done this at any point in time during the Ballmer years but they had a foot in, foot out approach. Now, it's all in. I told y'all their actions this gen would make people look at the prior gens like wtf. Watch the next Battlefield hit Gamepass day one. Audience of over 20 million and growing, getting a decent amount of players to get your dlc and other shyt, I don't see why EA wouldn't do. We are just watching the steps on the way to the coronation.

Nothing is stopping Playstation from doing the same

Remember PS Now being built into TV's. Sony did a shytty job of marketing it.

MS puts their exclusives on GP day 1 because they have to in order to push GP.

Sony and Nintendo don't BUT if they need to they can and would overtake GP with ease.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yup.

The Financials >>>>> internet stans with agendas.
You're nuts if you think Sony doesn't need a real response to Game Pass ASAP. If they don't get ahead of this they're gonna be in deep shyt. Microsoft is investing billions into this service. I mean they literally just bought Bethesda for it and have made it public they're looking to add other major acquisitions.

At one point Blockbuster dominated rentals. No real response was mounted to Netflix and by the time one was it was already too late and the momentum of Netflix demolished them.

I am not an Xbox stan in the least if anything I'm heavily biased to Sony but they need to do something now and I'm having a hard time seeing what they can do. shyt looks sweet right now but the day Game Pass becomes an undeniable value in the face of what Sony offers is rapidly approaching. As gaming goes more and more digital on consoles why are people gonna wanna pay $70 per game when for $120 a year they can have a large instant library of digital games and all Microsoft Game Studios games day one on the service?

Look at MLB The Show. On Playstation that's a $70 game. On Xbox for $9.99 a month that's included in your Game Pass catalogue at no extra charge. How long until gamers on Playstation look at that and go "what the hell?" Situations like that are bound to come along more and more going forward. Some full price game on Playstation is simply included on Game Pass at no extra charge.