How much trouble is Sony really in?

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the entire industry is in trouble because the cost of games are continually rising and customers are demanding cheaper entry to play them. More subscription models probably mean more AA GAAS.

Instead of getting a Game of Thrones Or Westworld, we’re gonna get Arrow and Love is Blind.

What do you see happening first, a higher price to play games, or smaller budgets?

Eh people were saying the same thing about TV, and the opposite became true.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Well said, you either see the vision or you don't.

It's odd to me that most don't, but foresight isn't most people strong point... nor do they really care until it's inevitable

I agree with you wholeheartedly but this one is so obvious.

There isn't anything nefarious or underhanded that they are doing. No tricks or slight of hand stuff. It's blatantly out in the open here.

Half A $

Pro
Daps
I agree with you wholeheartedly but this one is so obvious.

There isn't anything nefarious or underhanded that they are doing. No tricks or slight of hand stuff. It's blatantly out in the open here.

It’ll be another 10 years before I see some lame walking around with an Xbox controller attached to their iPhone :mjlol:

the “vision” :whoo:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
It’ll be another 10 years before I see some lame walking around with an Xbox controller attached to their iPhone :mjlol:

the “vision” :whoo:

Just yesterday

giphy.gif

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Sony and Nintendo wouldn’t survive putting their games on a service day one for free. NIntendo is a gaming company, they don’t have the ability to transition to services, unless their theme park is a hit like Disneyland its most likely gonna stay primarily a gaming company.

Sonys cofffers aren’t large enough either. They’ve already said that the cost of making AAA games is already taking a toll on the industry. It cost 100’s of millions of dollars to make something like TLOU or Death Stranding, or even 3rd party games like Avengers. They can’t afford to take a hit on their biggest money maker.

I honestly don’t think gamepass will be sustainable at 10 dollars a month once Microsoft start releasing AAA games on teh caliber of Sony’s titles either. It’s a great deal now because the xbox divisions last 7 years were dismal and they need to win back customers. I don’t think sony and especially nintendo are gonna jump at upping their subscription models anytime soon.

the irony of AAA games costing that much is that if you picked the top 10 games in the world right now, none of them cost a lot to make :mjlol: Among Us, Fortnite, PUBG, League of Legends, Valorant, Counter Strike, Call of Duty Warzone

Lets talk about Call of Duty Warzone as example, a quick made battle royal game after their last AAA title with battle royal in it flopped (compared to previous sales or active players), but it was funner than the previous call of duties for basically a decade and still more popular now than the most recent call of duty AAA release :dead: probably 1/8th of the budget of the most recent call of duty and probably has 10x the active players.

I dont get these big budgets at all. Decades of history show the most popular games are not big budget games. TLOU, Uncharted type games captures people attention for a week, then no one gives a shyt about it. Longevity is where the money is. Counter Strike is a game from 2000! DOTA is a game from 2003! Still more active than any console game.

Focus on fun and interactive and competitive gaming, throw 90% of your budget away and watch your profit soar.

hearthstone, a free to play card game from Blizzard generates $400 million a year, like $3+ billion total over its lifetime or more probably cost $2 million to make :dead:

PUBG mobile alone did $1.1 billion revenue in 2020 -- JUST THE MOBILE APP.

how much you think it cost to make that piece of shyt game :laff:

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So are you suggesting Sony make only MP games and drop their successful SP franchises? I mean, what is your point really breh?

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
not at all

Xbox trying to buy their way onto the throne
:yeshrug:

make better games simple

Last edited:

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
They not in trouble, this baseball game isn't a big deal. However, I do think they should have it on PS+ otherwise they look goofy.

But I will say this new Xbox platforms; Series Consoles and Gamepass, is one hell of a force. The biggest problem is Gamepass.