How much trouble is Sony really in?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
VR, Shareplay, PS NOW show that they are

They need to better push and utilize PS Now and push VR even more. Especially in their international markets where they have no competition
VR ain’t never gone be shyt. PSnow and share play are like Sony’s half ass efforts. It’s a start but they gone have to put some real investment in those areas.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
@winb83 was in the other Gamepass thread saying the exact opposite. “Nobody cares about any of those Xbox features people just want to play Sony games”

guess one game can change all that :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sony and Nintendo don't BUT if they need to they can and would overtake GP with ease.
Not true. Neither of them have enough games or enough money to purchase games for a Gamepass like venture.

That’s why Microsoft HAD to buy Bethesda and will buy/build more studios. You need a ton of content to make Gamepass work and that’s a huge investment Sony and especially Nintendo will not/can’t make.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
@winb83 was in the other Gamepass thread saying the exact opposite. “Nobody cares about any of those Xbox features people just want to play Sony games”

guess one game can change all that :mjlol:
Except that wasn't a Game Pass thread it was a thread comparing console features to console features.

For a while now I've been saying Game Pass is a problem. When you compare console features nobody cares when you're talking about a dedicated streaming service it's a different ball game. We aren't talking HDMI 2.1 features and the console running a game moderately better we're talking about paying the price of less than 2 games a year for Game Pass vs picking up individual games at $70 a pop.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Except that wasn't a Game Pass thread it was a thread comparing console features to console features.
:usure:
You don't get left behind by supposed competitors you embarrassed so bad they now hide their unit sales because it's embarrassing in comparison to yours. Sony is the industry leader by a lot because people like what they're doing.

It was pretty much the same exact thread as this one :mjlol:
Sony is doing just fine. They don't need a response to Gamepass. They need to continue building upon what's made them the most successful brand in home console gaming.
Sony stans :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Are people who play sports games ok with renting the game for 15 dollars a month for 3 months? Or would they rather buy it?

It eventually leaves teh service and they will ahve to buy the game anyway, even discounted it will end up equaling the same as it did if they bought it on a PlayStation. You aren’t getting ‘free’ games on gamepass. You are renting them for a few months vs owning them forever.

And the discount only applies to the first 30 days.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Are people who play sports games ok with renting the game for 15 dollars a month for 3 months? Or would they rather buy it?

It eventually leaves teh service and they will ahve to buy the game anyway, even discounted it will end up equaling the same as it did if they bought it on a PlayStation. You aren’t getting ‘free’ games on gamepass. You are renting them for a few months vs owning them forever.
Nope :umad:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

In some cases you're right. In others as long as you keep the sub you'll always have access to the games. Even so If I get to play some game for 3-4 months and I later need to buy it even if I do I'm likely gonna get that game at less than the full $70. Still came out ahead.

Let's ask this, would the fact that Netflix and HBO Max have a slate of rotating movies and TV shows stop you from subbing to them?

Half A $

Pro
Daps
Imagine telling a company making record profits 3 years in a row they're in trouble because they're not putting their 10m plus sellling exclusives on a loss leading subscription based service.

Nintendo fukked up selling 40million plus copies of Animal Crossing, they've should've pushed that to make their own Gamepass!

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
=
In some cases you're right. In others as long as you keep the sub you'll always have access to the games. Even so If I get to play some game for 3-4 months and I later need to buy it even if I do I'm likely gonna get that game at less than the full $70. Still came out ahead.

Let's ask this, would the fact that Netflix and HBO Max have a slate of rotating movies and TV shows stop you from subbing to them?

So, what I’ve done, and I’m sure what a lot of other people do is when a big show comes out, say something like Insecure, or Game of Thrones (two different markets) they will sub for the month or two that its on. Which is why places like Disney Plus are doing weekly episodes of their marvel and Star Wars shows, to keep people subscribed longer. If I’m not an video game enthusiast that just hops on gamepass and dabbles in a little bit of everything (which a lot of people won’t) they will play their one or two games and log back off.

I see someone who wants to play 2k or CoD as someone who doesn’t need gamepass, same with MLB, like if you want your games indefinitely or at least until the next iteration comes out, to pay a monthly sub and then to go buy it doesn’t really save you any money in the long run. It just adds another subscription to your already long list of subs you pay for.

I think theres gonna be a point of diminishing returns with all these companies asking people to subscribe to services and people are already finding ways to do the one month sub in and sub outs for streaming tv.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
=

So, what I’ve done, and I’m sure what a lot of other people do is when a big show comes out, say something like Insecure, or Game of Thrones (two different markets) they will sub for the month or two that its on. Which is why places like Disney Plus are doing weekly episodes of their marvel and Star Wars shows, to keep people subscribed longer. If I’m not an video game enthusiast that just hops on gamepass and dabbles in a little bit of everything (which a lot of people won’t) they will play their one or two games and log back off.

I see someone who wants to play 2k or CoD as someone who doesn’t need gamepass, same with MLB, like if you want your games indefinitely or at least until the next iteration comes out, to pay a monthly sub and then to go buy it doesn’t really save you any money in the long run. It just adds another subscription to your already long list of subs you pay for.

I think theres gonna be a point of diminishing returns with all these companies asking people to subscribe to services and people are already finding ways to do the one month sub in and sub outs for streaming tv.
If in the future Microsoft can put out more than a single game a year you want to play you're actually better off carrying Game Pass for a full year than buying 2 games.

Gaming is such an expensive hobby that Game Pass once it gets going is almost always going to be worth carrying long term.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If in the future Microsoft can put out more than a single game a year you want to play you're actually better off carrying Game Pass for a full year than buying 2 games.

Gaming is such an expensive hobby that Game Pass once it gets going is almost always going to be worth carrying long term.

It depends on the customer and what they want out of gaming. It also depends on gamepass staying a flat 10/15 dollars for the next 7-8 years, which we all know isn’t gonna happen. I have friends that i ahve to actively tell them about ps plus free games, or the ps plus collection cause a lot of people really just aren’t tuned into the idea of playing a bunch of games, even if they’re ‘free.’

My boy hops on and plays war zone, once in a while he’ll play crash bandicoot or some odd game. I have multiple friends that own consoles that only play a couple games on them. A lot of people own consoles but they don’t own a lot of games and its not because of money its because of lack of interest. We here in teh sub are gamers, we care about this shyt.

Go ask another coli sub forum what a ps plus collection or gamepass, or backwards compatibility or any of that shyt we talk about on here non stop is and they wont know wtf you’re talking about. They want GTA, CoD, 2k, you ask someone to add another monthly subscription to their lives and they are gonna stop on their tracks, not jump at the opportunity like people that buy 12 games a year

The casual audience isn’t concerned with paying for games upfront or else animal crossing wouldn’t ahve sold 30 million copies in less than a year

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Imagine telling a company making record profits 3 years in a row they're in trouble because they're not putting their 10m plus sellling exclusives on a loss leading subscription based service.

Nintendo fukked up selling 40million plus copies of Animal Crossing, they've should've pushed that to make their own Gamepass!
imagine thinking that just because you made record making profits last year means you'll make profits the following years. Especially in this climate of change

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I'm sure they made record profits year after year too.
aug-25-2019-pleasanton-ca-260nw-1584234262.jpg

Imagine thinking that doing amazing today means your reign will continue indefinitely even if you don't evolve your business model while your competitors do.