How much trouble is Sony really in?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Imagine telling a company making record profits 3 years in a row they're in trouble because they're not putting their 10m plus sellling exclusives on a loss leading subscription based service.

Nintendo fukked up selling 40million plus copies of Animal Crossing, they've should've pushed that to make their own Gamepass!
Life comes at you fast :francis:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
=

So, what I’ve done, and I’m sure what a lot of other people do is when a big show comes out, say something like Insecure, or Game of Thrones (two different markets) they will sub for the month or two that its on. Which is why places like Disney Plus are doing weekly episodes of their marvel and Star Wars shows, to keep people subscribed longer. If I’m not an video game enthusiast that just hops on gamepass and dabbles in a little bit of everything (which a lot of people won’t) they will play their one or two games and log back off.

I see someone who wants to play 2k or CoD as someone who doesn’t need gamepass, same with MLB, like if you want your games indefinitely or at least until the next iteration comes out, to pay a monthly sub and then to go buy it doesn’t really save you any money in the long run. It just adds another subscription to your already long list of subs you pay for.

I think theres gonna be a point of diminishing returns with all these companies asking people to subscribe to services and people are already finding ways to do the one month sub in and sub outs for streaming tv.
People don’t do that broke boy shyt breh. That’s just you. :mjlol:

Most people just set their subscriptions and don’t think about them anymore.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
imagine thinking that just because you made record making profits last year means you'll make profits the following years. Especially in this climate of change

It’s also just as silly to assume a successful company is now “in trouble” when their products are still flying off the shelves.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
People don’t do that broke boy shyt breh. That’s just you. :mjlol:

Most people just set their subscriptions and don’t think about them anymore.

So why won’t disney release their new marvel shows to be binged?

Yall can save that lame ass “broke boy” shyt for another country who ain’t throwing parades to get a 1400 dollar stimulus check with businesses shutting down left and right and record high unemployment.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So why won’t disney release their new marvel shows to be binged?
Because they don’t have enough new content.

Yall can save that lame ass “broke boy” shyt for another country who ain’t throwing parades to get a 1400 dollar stimulus check with businesses shutting down left and right and record high unemployment.
Stimulus or not, you penny pinching over $6 a month you probably shouldn’t be watching no TV. Go get some money :ufdup:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Because they don’t have enough new content.
No Disney isn't interested in binge streaming. They want to have a constant stream of content to keep you long term and not do what Netflix does and green light everything under the sun. Disney doesn't ever plan to do the binge model.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No Disney isn't interested in binge streaming. They want to have a constant stream of content to keep you long term and not do what Netflix does and green light everything under the sun. Disney doesn't ever plan to do the binge model.
Cause they don’t have enough content:what:

They would have to invest in lots more studios and content to compete with the Netflix model.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I get disney plus for free. But apparently I’m the only one in the world that cancels services like Starz once Power is over.

Tons Of People Now Cancelling Disney Plus Since The Mandalorian's Over

Yall can think what you want but a majority of the country isn’t Willy Nilly subscribing for every service being offered anymore.

I’m on about 5 at the moment and anything else i sign up for is heavily weighted as to whether or not I’m actually gonna use it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And yall should also take into consideration that companies inflate their numbers of subscribers with those who are on trial periods. So you give everyone who purchases a PlayStation or xbox 3 free months of their premium service and it’s gonna look good when you total those numbers up and show a high attachment rate.

Same thing with disney, a lot of those numbers are people who are on verizon or buying iPhones/iPads that are getting it for free. You take out the people who don’t have actual reoccurring billing on their accounts and those numbers will plummet.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s also just as silly to assume a successful company is now “in trouble” when their products are still flying off the shelves.

you just said sony and the rest of the gaming industry is in trouble yesterday but now you’re back to blindly plugging sales :leostare:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
yall should understand content isn't the issue. if there is trouble (likely) it's the badly aged way to deliver it

been saying for a while "the fight for the living room" is stupid as shyt when everyone has moved into the 3 feet in front of their faces for entertainment

you don't even need an xbox for game pass