How Do You Respond To c00ns Who Say, ‘Africans Sold Their Own People Into Slavery’?

Treeshaz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Bernal Heights
"Someone told me there was freedom of religion in America but then I learned about the Salem Witch Trials and found out religious freedom was a bunch of bullshyt."
I mean we got certain politicans who wanna ban hijabs and immigration from Muslim countries rn and giving America history of tolerance to non Christian religions uh....

:mjlol:

but I aint getting mad at Africans cause of sum tribes and bandits 600 years ago

Last edited:

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Probably because this “nuance” you speak of is irrelevant to the people that got sold. When we landed we were black. Most of us are just born black.
Nuance is very important. It's like white people pointing to black statistics when talking about issues in the US, be it crime, education, or what not.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
We aren't Europeans so the "Whatabout-ism' you're using doesn't work.

Black Americans control NO manufacturing or resources any African Nation needs, a completely different set of affairs than European Nations who forged alliances to share those resources.

Our taxes and limited resources go to help EVERYBODY else, but we get no compensation for it from those we help.

THAT'S why it is counterproductive. It may form alliances, but, in the meantime, we're footing the bill for an extended family that has no intention of paying us back because they can't.​
So US foreign policy is Pan Africanism's fault? Is that why the Ukraine just received billions and Israel gets billions by the year?

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
The only people who say that are racist cacs & nikkas who dont understand concepts such as nationhood and warfare.

Europeans came to Africa and seen entire nations with their own cultures, ways of life, and spiritual practices... each kingdom had its own history and its own personal interests.... some of these kingdoms were rivals... some were allies.

It wasn't Africans "selling their own"

For example, I'm Haitian and I trace my bloodline back to the Dahomey kingdom via oral history.

The Dahomey had to fight a revolutionary war to gain independence from the Yoruba.

If a Dahomey man sold a Yoruba man to a Portuguese slave trader - he didn't sell "his own people"

He sold his enemy.

If a Dahomey man sold a prisoner to a European slave trader - he didn't "sell his own"

He sold a criminal who was banished from the kingdom.

Dahomey or Yoruba it doesn't matter. It was a african selling an African. The juelz in this post is crazy. You're trying to justify it by saying "Two powerful kingdoms were at war, we had prisoners!"...thats bullshyt fam. Slavery is Slavery. Also Portugal Is in Europe, it's a European country.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not about slavery or indentured servitude.

There's countries that do both today.

Every country in the world has contributed one way or another.

Where white America differs is their history of rape, murder, beating, torture, child rape, child murder of both Africans and Native Americans.

It's not about being enslaved. Everyone at one point in time was enslaved. It's not about the work, nobody on this planet is afraid to work. It's about white peoples atrocities. That's what they don't want to admit. It's not about who sold who or where they came from or under what condition, it's about what the white man did and refuses to acknowledge.

The white American man was worse than Hitler. Worse than any Muslim terrorist, gang or cartel. But they don't want to acknowledge that.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
We aren't Europeans so the "Whatabout-ism' you're using doesn't work.

Black Americans control NO manufacturing or resources any African Nation needs, a completely different set of affairs than European Nations who forged alliances to share those resources.

Our taxes and limited resources go to help EVERYBODY else, but we get no compensation for it from those we help.

THAT'S why it is counterproductive. It may form alliances, but, in the meantime, we're footing the bill for an extended family that has no intention of paying us back because they can't.​
Plus, even one of his examples can't be counted as whites working together. One of the primary purposes for NATO's formation was to deter the Soviet Union's potential influence and expansion into Western Europe.

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
FBA’s aren’t African, we only migrated to west Africa for a short time. Some were already in the Americas. We are the chosen people of the Bible (Serious). African sold us, because we’re not they’re people. (Serious)

In my experience with non “FBA’s”, they make it known that we don’t have an identity and they do. They go on and on about how their cuisine is superior and they know their roots and are hard workers and we’re lazy. That’s been my experience.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Dahomey or Yoruba it doesn't matter. It was a african selling an African.

That shows your clear lack of respect for the history and culture of those regions

It was 2 different groups of people with different histories.

Tell a Dahomey man in the 1600s that a Yoruba man was his "African brother" who had him subjugated and occupied for over 100 years.

So when France was fighting Spain - it was his European brother?

Youre dumb as dog shyt.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Plus, even one of his examples can't be counted as whites working together. One of the primary purposes for NATO's formation was to deter the Soviet Union's potential influence and expansion into Western Europe.

But the whole point was that groups that had just been massacring each other in war a couple years earlier, like Germany and France, were immediately able to put aside their differences and band together.

The fact that all those countries who had fought each other in WW1 and WW2 (and for hundreds of years before that) were able to form an alliance like NATO is proof that using historic tribal differences to excuse inability to work together is ridiculous.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
In my opinion the reparations can come in different forms, such as making it easier for ADOS and other descedent of african in places like carribean and south america to come back and settle. I know some countries such as Ghana and Sierra Leone have these innitiatives.

I don't see that as having a big impact considering how few people take advantage as it is.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
In my opinion the reparations can come in different forms, such as making it easier for ADOS and other descedent of african in places like carribean and south america to come back and settle. I know some countries such as Ghana and Sierra Leone have these innitiatives.
I'm actually in support of initiatives like this but the problem is that one also has to take into account how some of the natives would feel, especially when the nations that you are seeking reparations from did not exist and the very tribal groups that did exist (I've always views reparations as something sought from nations for the best effect) or did the deed may not exist or may have become so weak they barely warrant a village larger than a suburb. This is the issue some people have with the idea of reparations in that there seems to be a lack of understanding of these regions and so forth.