How Do You Respond To c00ns Who Say, ‘Africans Sold Their Own People Into Slavery’?

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
I don't. I had a really close friend growing up that moved out to AZ for a few years and when he came back was a totally different dude. I knew our friendship was done when our conversation turned to slavery and dude brought up the Irish. "bUT thE iRISh wErE slAVEs toO!".

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Dahomey or Yoruba it doesn't matter. It was a african selling an African. The juelz in this post is crazy. You're trying to justify it by saying "Two powerful kingdoms were at war, we had prisoners!"...thats bullshyt fam. Slavery is Slavery. Also Portugal Is in Europe, it's a European country.
Yes it does matter cultural and religious differences still play a big matter in todays world you see black Muslims and black Christian’s going at it on this board all the time. Stop thinking with 2020s optics. For past 500+ yrs human history has been a wild set of continuous armegeddon and warfare

Also what about world war 2, you keep the same energy with the Jews and Germans and say it was still white people they should have figured it out. No you don’t you

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
That shows your clear lack of respect for the history and culture of those regions

It was 2 different groups of people with different histories.

Tell a Dahomey man in the 1600s that a Yoruba man was his "African brother" who had him subjugated and occupied for over 100 years.

So when France was fighting Spain - it was his European brother?

Youre dumb as dog shyt.

You're saying it's ok because their cultures were different?...Aren't you justifying what Europeans did then?

Slavery is Slavery at the end of the day. There's no moral high ground for it

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
First off, the original slave traders were slave RAIDERS who went around kidnapping people. all these Great Replacement Blacks (Israelites, ADOS,Kemetics etc) seem to forget that.

The slave TRADE of POW’s came about as a result of White people forcing these kingdoms on the flank to partake. Just like Gaspar Yanga and many other enslaved Africans did in the Americas.

Whats more, what do you say to the “African” that himself was enslaved and never took part in the slave trade? Uncles and cousins who were never made the trip but hold the same DNA as you? imagine looking him in the face and telling him “you sold me!”:russ:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I don't. I had a really close friend growing up that moved out to AZ for a few years and when he came back was a totally different dude. I knew our friendship was done when our conversation turned to slavery and dude brought up the Irish. "bUT thE iRISh wErE slAVEs toO!".

I had a good friend who moved away, became a cop in Nevada (but was afraid to tell me so he didn't say anything about it for 5+ years), changed dramatically from his influences there, and then we finally had "the talk". It was crazy how much he changed. We basically had 2-3 arguments about it and then stopped speaking to each other.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
You're saying it's ok because their cultures were different?...Aren't you justifying what Europeans did then?

Slavery is Slavery at the end of the day. There's no moral high ground for it

I'm saying there is a CONTEXT to the situation.

They weren't fighting against their "african brothers"

They were fighting against their enemies who were extorting them, robbing them, and subjugating their women and children.

You can't preach Pan-Africanism to an African in the 17th century.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
I’ve heard this argument in real life and the person always said: slavery in africa was different, and they didn’t understand what slavery was in the white mans culture.
THat is not true!!! there were Africans who became slaves, got free, and began trading slaves themselves. They knew exactly what was happening (especially higher ups) they saw these ppl chained in ships, ppl jumping over board, ppl yelling and screaming. come on bros... yall gotta stop the cap

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
How is pointing out the obvious being a c00n?
A c00n against black americans? Im confused...

Thread sounds like alot of juelzing and lack of accountability...
Because the institutio/business of slavery didn’t start with us & the finger deserves to be pointed at cacs.

EndGame

Superstar
Daps
FBA’s aren’t African, we only migrated to west Africa for a short time. Some were already in the Americas. We are the chosen people of the Bible (Serious). African sold us, because we’re not they’re people. (Serious)

In my experience with non “FBA’s”, they make it known that we don’t have an identity and they do. They go on and on about how their cuisine is superior and they know their roots and are hard workers and we’re lazy. That’s been my experience.
Africa is the Promise Land of the Bible, homie.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
I had a good friend who moved away, became a cop in Nevada (but was afraid to tell me so he didn't say anything about it for 5+ years), changed dramatically from his influences there, and then we finally had "the talk". It was crazy how much he changed. We basically had 2-3 arguments about it and then stopped speaking to each other.
Something happens when brehs go out to Mountain west states. Had a homegirl move to Co, and went all MAGA. Scenery is nice in some spots, but I couldn't do it.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
What do you mean the optics aren’t the same, and what about the people who were kidnapped and forced into slavery
Not everyone was kidnapped you know that right? a person being captured by kidnapping didn’t change the fact that some were prisoners to war they lost and Vice versa. People fell to the TAST in different ways, you can’t use a one size fits all shoe and say they all succumb like that. That’s being very dishonest

EndGame

Superstar
Daps
War is war.

Haitians & Dominicans spent most of the 1800s invading each other's borders and killing each other.

And guess what happened in the end? Both of us got invaded and occupied by the US marines.

Idk why you're holding Africans to this high moral standard as if ALL MEN haven't been involved in warfare throughout history

white men, arab men, asian men.
Not holding Africans to any higher moral standards. Your narrative of the slave trade makes no sense.