How Do You Respond To c00ns Who Say, ‘Africans Sold Their Own People Into Slavery’?

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
This is also why I'm a firm supporter of Pan-Africanism.

We already did the tribalism thing and we failed miserably.

We already fought among each other and lost everything.

The failure of the slave trade should serve as an example that unity is the only way forward.
help me out, breh. How did tribes fail, if tribes still exist and are important in some countries?

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
They did though…

Idk why Africans try to hide this point. The Ghana chief extending his hand in acknowledgment and solitude is the way to go about it.

They're not trying to hide the point. They talk about it with the nuance it deserves. I'm baffled this much has to be explained. The problem here is that people try and group a whole ass continent more diverse than most places.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
The only people who say that are racist cacs & nikkas who dont understand concepts such as nationhood and warfare.

Europeans came to Africa and seen entire nations with their own cultures, ways of life, and spiritual practices... each kingdom had its own history and its own personal interests.... some of these kingdoms were rivals... some were allies.

It wasn't Africans "selling their own"

For example, I'm Haitian and I trace my bloodline back to the Dahomey kingdom via oral history.

The Dahomey had to fight a revolutionary war to gain independence from the Yoruba.

If a Dahomey man sold a Yoruba man to a Portuguese slave trader - he didn't sell "his own people"

He sold his enemy.

If a Dahomey man sold a prisoner to a European slave trader - he didn't "sell his own"

He sold a criminal who was banished from the kingdom.
Solid post one of the few people that understand the critical nuance of the situation. Let me add

1. This broad fraternization of Africans people do is weird. You dont see this kind of fraternization among Asians or Europeans & they went through 2 bouts of “world wars”. Historians don't say "The Germans invaded their own when they marched into Poland during WW2.” Or “Japanese went to China to perform horrendous acts on their brothers and fellow Asians” Tell me where in the history books it’s written like that. Different empires/kingdoms oftentimes from different Ethnic Groups had conflict with each other.

2. Both slave captors and slave traders were put on the same both because the sailors knew how to play both sides. Some people are descended from those very same slave traders they complain about who got played And captured by those European sailors

Last edited:

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
help me out, breh. How did tribes fail, if tribes still exist and are important in some countries?

when I say "tribalism" - I'm talking about fights and wars between nations.

Black people fighting among each other and trying to separate themselves across lines of nationhood and religion

I'm all about unity.

I dont care what God you worship, or where you come from.

If you're black - you're my brother and we share common enemies.

Treeshaz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Bernal Heights
It started with them trading prisoners from other tribes for goods.

When prisoners ran out, they kidnapped people from other tribes and traded them for goods.

White people figured out it was cheaper to just hire locals to do the same thing.
They were kidnapping rival tribal members and was prisoners to sell into slavery yet breh try and say slavery in Africa
was "friendlier" and more like a "family" :mjlol:

Which why Irish servanthood wasn't slavery Irish ppl period would voluntarily become a servant to go to the Americas

aint no Africans were selling themselves into slavery to go explore the "great Americas" :francis:

Dre God

Immortals never hurry
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
[9³]
My post is stupid ? yet yall make up myths that ppl in Africa were treating they slaves like "family"
it was "different"

:mjlol:

I got nothing against Africans that sold slaves .. everyone had slaves back than but I aint gone say it "humane"

You comparing tik tok slaves to people 700 years ago, don’t quote me again.

You’re autistic.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Africans didn't sell 'their own' as Africa wasn't unified. Each ethnic group preyed on one another and saw them as 'others' worthy of enslavement.

This whole idea about African unity is propaganda that was created to unite Black Americans with Africans, aka Pan-Africanism, that ultimately failed, was historically false, and is now counterproductive.​
Somehow Europeans went through world wars and still formed the likes of the UN, NATO, EU, etc, but you b*stards are convinced that Pan Africanism is holding us back :stopitslime:

And you never hear these takes on fratricide, drug dealing, etc... Why don't yall ever tell the people engaged in the fukkery actually harming our community how Pan Africanism "tricked" them??? :hhh:

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
There is absolutely no point in this argument. The root of the reparations claim in America is that the labor of our ancestors was instrumental in the building of this country into a wealthy nation that would grow into a superpower. We were the engine. None of the nations that sold our ancestors even exist, let alone thrive into today's time.

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're not trying to hide the point. They talk about it with the nuance it deserves. I'm baffled this much has to be explained. The problem here is that people try and group a whole ass continent more diverse than most places.
Probably because this “nuance” you speak of is irrelevant to the people that got sold. When we landed we were black. Most of us are just born black.

EndGame

Superstar
Daps
The only people who say that are racist cacs & nikkas who dont understand concepts such as nationhood and warfare.

Europeans came to Africa and seen entire nations with their own cultures, ways of life, and spiritual practices... each kingdom had its own history and its own personal interests.... some of these kingdoms were rivals... some were allies.

It wasn't Africans "selling their own"

For example, I'm Haitian and I trace my bloodline back to the Dahomey kingdom via oral history.

The Dahomey had to fight a revolutionary war to gain independence from the Yoruba.

If a Dahomey man sold a Yoruba man to a Portuguese slave trader - he didn't sell "his own people"

He sold his enemy.

If a Dahomey man sold a prisoner to a European slave trader - he didn't "sell his own"

He sold a criminal who was banished from the kingdom.
Where does Pan Afrikanism come into play if it's alright to fukk over another African as long as he is not part of the tribe?