How Do You Respond To c00ns Who Say, ‘Africans Sold Their Own People Into Slavery’?

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I tell them that it's called a triangular trade because Africans, Europeans and Americans all had a hand in it and KIM

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They did though…

Idk why Africans try to hide this point. The Ghana chief extending his hand in acknowledgment and solitude is the way to go about it.

Its a dumb argument to me. Those africans who got sold had families that missed them and went through hell too. So the africans over there who didnt get sold were still victims.

Plus to use this European talking point means you fell for the okey doke. The European wants to downplay all the kidnapping they were doing. And act like they just respectfully showed up, and bought the people that africans had on sale:hubie:. No way in hell Id be promoting that narrative on their behalf.

This is like when goofy twitter women use statistics of black men killing each other ,and killing women to condemn black men. As if the men who are getting killed arent us or our male family members. And that the women getting killed arent our sisters,nieces and mothers.

Even though black men are doing the killing. We are still victims as black men too.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Slavery has existed since the dawn of time. There was once a time where whites were slaves. As a matter of fact the term slave comes from their people being enslaved by the black byzantines.

Slave originally meant to denote slavs which is who byzantines conquered. The Slavic people.

Slavery isn't a new concept.

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
The fact that we have to argue and debate what happened to us 100s of years later is a sign that something dumb happened. Any way you slice it, it ended horribly for Black people world wide. We're a proud people, so we don't want to accept that we made some bad moves. White men couldn't go far into Africa, because they got sick and died, so they stayed on the coasts. It wasn't until the mid 1800s that they found the medicines to survive the climate. Slavery was already over at that point. Do the math. Black people were capturing Black people and handing them to White people.

White people didn't care what tribe the Black person came from. Slave catchers were doing business with Whites that would just as soon enslave them, and that's ultimately what happened. Members of their own tribe were being given to Whites. At what point do you stop doing business with the devil that wants to do you harm as well? Oh, it's just business, right? Until you look around and the entire continent's a mess. When White people could finally survive Africa's climate, they went in and turned the continent upside down, shaking all the money out of it.

5thbornpowerseed

All Star
Daps
See, you already have your mind made up, this proving my point. You took one statement I made and used it for your own narrative that you already have drawn up. My ancestors didn't even directly participate in the slave trade on my father's side, and some of my ancestors on my mother's side are from Virginia before they went back home. So, with all due respect, this is the last response you're getting from me. Take care.

:russ:

nikkas pops and them was slave traders...
No wonder you juelzing like a mad man...
fukk outta here...

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:russ:

nikkas pops and them was slave traders...
No wonder you juelzing like a mad man...
fukk outta here...

See what I mean? That's not even what I said, but you yourself created a narrative out of thin air. I can tell you my entire family history and you'd still respond however you want. You quoting me was a waste of both of our time...I'll let you have the last word because I'm done here

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s your point? That’s how they roll.

That you’re foolish.

All races/ethnic groups have done bad to each other.

Japs did Chinese dirty.
Chinese did other East Asians dirty.
Iranians and Turks did other West Asians dirty.
Central Americans were extremely violent to each other.

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
The only people who say that are racist cacs & nikkas who dont understand concepts such as nationhood and warfare.

Europeans came to Africa and seen entire nations with their own cultures, ways of life, and spiritual practices... each kingdom had its own history and its own personal interests.... some of these kingdoms were rivals... some were allies.

It wasn't Africans "selling their own"

For example, I'm Haitian and I trace my bloodline back to the Dahomey kingdom via oral history.

The Dahomey had to fight a revolutionary war to gain independence from the Yoruba.

If a Dahomey man sold a Yoruba man to a Portuguese slave trader - he didn't sell "his own people"

He sold his enemy.

If a Dahomey man sold a prisoner to a European slave trader - he didn't "sell his own"

He sold a criminal who was banished from the kingdom.
So basically nikkas been divided forever

5thbornpowerseed

All Star
Daps
See what I mean? That's not even what I said, but you yourself created a narrative out of thin air. I can tell you my entire family history and you'd still respond however you want. You quoting me was a waste of both of our time...I'll let you have the last word because I'm done here

"My ancestors didn't even directly participate in the slave trade on my father's side"

So they indirectly participated...
:ufdup:
This why you pushing this "but we were enemies" narrative...

I actually was interested in having a dialogue with you...

But now its fukk you everytime i see your avatar...
:pacspit: