How Do You Respond To c00ns Who Say, ‘Africans Sold Their Own People Into Slavery’?

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look up the list of Nazi collaborators of Jewish origin , in any war you have turncoat’s and those complicit.

Additionally there was a religious aspect to some of it, where muslims were not allowed to sell another muslim but they could target non-muslims.
Looking at the indigenous names of the Africans stolen, a lot appear to be of Jewish origin in name sake.

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
"My ancestors didn't even directly participate in the slave trade on my father's side"

So they indirectly participated...
:ufdup:
This why you pushing this "but we were enemies" narrative...

I actually was interested in having a dialogue with you...

But now its fukk you everytime i see your avatar...
:pacspit:

You'll never see it again player

You're a bad faith actor fishing for an argument. Enjoy this block fam. Peace

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Slavery was an international practice done by every people every where

There is a huge difference between chattel slavery and indentured servitude

There were no such things as "africans" technically as this was taking place as things like race were seldom considered during this time in other words those tribes who were participating didn't view it as them selling their own. They viewed it as different things at different times. Sometimes it was them protecting their tribes by selling others. Sometimes it was them selling workers with the idea they would return but they never did. Sometimes they were weakening a rival tribe by selling them.

But what is most important is that all Africans were not doing the same thing and religion played a huge role in that choice as most African tribes that would participate did so under Christian or Muslim law. Most who were sold were those who resisted religions and wanted to maintain traditional African culture.

There are some tribes that did it then got out of it once they realized the magnitude of what this slave system was. There are some tribes who refused to participate in it at all. This is of course never spoken of but some of those tribes actually fought wars with the Portuguese French and Dutch to stay out of it and end it. Then we also have to consider some tribes who werrw forced into the practice out of fear as some tribal leaders who originally refused to sell people were captured and killed with their heads cut off.

The point is it's just not that simple to say Africans sold other Africans. There are a lot of variables to consider and no African chief walked into Europe with Africans for sell. Typically those who take the "Africans sold other africans" stance only do so to be 1. Anti African and or 2 self hating.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
It’s the truth .

nikkas want to wiggle their way around it ,Juelz about it ,dress it up with pretty language and twist and turn over it but Africans sold other Africans into slavery . It’s an absolute fact. It’s not a fact that we may like but it is what it is .

The fact that there are people out here that still think Europeans waltzed into the continent and just started stealing nikkas on that large of a scale is hilarious.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Everyone knows I'm staunchly pro FBA

But Africans didn't sell "US"

There was no "us" at that time. The only way it works is- if fbas ALL came from a specific ethnic group. And african tribes made a concentrated effort to sell that specific group to europeans

my only criticism is, at some point they should have recognized the color lines behind the barter system

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
That you’re foolish.

All races/ethnic groups have done bad to each other.

Japs did Chinese dirty.
Chinese did other East Asians dirty.
Iranians and Turks did other West Asians dirty.
Central Americans were extremely violent to each other.
They were all made whole to. Are you black and if so, what nation?

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
It’s the truth .

nikkas want to wiggle their way around it ,Juelz about it ,dress it up with pretty language and twist and turn over it but Africans sold other Africans into slavery . It’s an absolute fact. It’s not a fact that we may like but it is what it is .

The fact that there are people out here that still think Europeans waltzed into the continent and just started stealing nikkas on that large of a scale is hilarious.
Well actually your wrong. That's exactly how it begun in 1444 with the Portuguese in the Congo.

The Portuguese were in fact stealing us and sending us to Lisbon , Spain, Portugal etc for over 100 years before any Africans got involved in selling other tribes. As I posted above you no Africans went into Europe with slaves for sale

One of the issues with guys that post with your response is that you sell it as if any qualified scholar who taught African history skated around this topic. Not one ever did. Not Malcolm, not John henrick Clark or Dr Ben. Not Anthony Browder or ashra kwesi. Not Dr Leonard Jeffries or Kwame ture. No African scholar ever taught that no Africans participated in selling people. The issue with this is, none of you want to place it in proper context. And you all typically won't do it because your trying to shame Africans and black Americans who celebrate African customs while exonorating Europeans from their wrong doing. There is no reality that spells "oh we wouldn't be here If Africans didn't sell us." As global white supremacy colonialism and imperialism was going to take place either way. Continental Africans were not spared from this evil just like we were not.

Lastly some of the "ados" and "fba" might want to pump their breaks putting all of that betrayal on Continental Africans because many of those Africans, who were Muslims by the way, were at times betrayed themselves as they got to the shores and forced on the boats along with the people they captured. This was especially common after the British abolished slavery in 1807. So some of your ancestors who you identify as "ados, fba" were in fact slave traders when they were in Africa. Just saying.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The only way that Black immigrants are beneficial to Black Americans is if they are stripped of the anti Black American ideas given to them by cacs and fully absorbed into the community. I'm cool with that we need more Black people in America. What I'm not cool with is immigrants being tribalistic and at the same time trying to play the flat blackness game when it benefits them.
No offence but people move places to benefit themselves. It just do happens that we can also benefit each other. Or not. That's a choice.

All that other shot you projecting on to Black immigrants is nonsense. Nobody is worried about what you are cool with. You don't even chose who is Black in society. Your whole grievance is dog barking at moon status. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. This is what you don't get. You can't and won't stop anyone from doing anything because you don't like it. You gonna be ancient still shaking your first at the sky while people do what they came to do.

• Dap
Reactions: Obi

stellarstella

Makes me wonder how I keep from going under
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Jungle - Marin City
Hmmm… I’ve only had cacs (especially Jews) say this in an argument. I would post what I usually say but I’m not sure if the coli wants to hear it :manny:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
No offence but people move places to benefit themselves. It just do happens that we can also benefit each other. Or not. That's a choice.

All that other shot you projecting on to Black immigrants is nonsense. Nobody is worried about what you are cool with. You don't even chose who is Black in society. Your whole grievance is dog barking at moon status. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. This is what you don't get. You can't and won't stop anyone from doing anything because you don't like it. You gonna be ancient still shaking your first at the sky while people do what they came to do.

You are the one always harping on "unity" now you are talking about immigrants benefitting themselves which is totally fine by me. But it makes my point ADOS need to benefit ourselves as well. Stop letting immigrants represent us and eat off our plate. You can't have it both ways.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You are the one always harping on "unity" now you are talking about immigrants benefitting themselves which is totally fine by me. But it makes my point ADOS need to benefit ourselves as well. Stop letting immigrants represent us and eat off our plate. You can't have it both ways.
everyone benefits themselves that doesn't prevent unity. you just work in a hierarchy of needs. your own your family, etc etc. none of this shyt is really rocket science. race is in that hierarchy down the line.

there's nothing stopping you from having unity except hatred and pretending that Black immigrants are your biggest adversaries in a white society with institutionalized racism:comeon:. you are expecting Black immigrants to bow and beg for your approval to do shyt in society, live like they are indebted to you because you resent sharing a race with them or feel they haven't earned a right to be here or be Black. While you demand people stop doing this n that. that they will go about their lives. reality. get passed it or get left in the past.

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY

Why do you not tell the truth?

YOUR LIFE IS A FAILURE

kingzimbabwe live a shytty life
ross lives a shytty life

the blk american posters who have things going for them are not doing what yall doing
that whole post reeks of a person who has accomplished nothing in life
the stereotypical wite racist

how a blk man get the mindset of a low class swamp racist?
your daddy n momma probably one